Author Topic: I Have Disinvited Donald Trump to the RedState Gathering  (Read 6568 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: I Have Disinvited Donald Trump to the RedState Gathering
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 02:33:42 pm »
As the Trump tent collapses, I would not be surprised if he pivots and says that was his intent all along.  Spin... everything.

IMHO Trump is not running for president because he actually wants to be the president.  If he did, he would have prepared for the debate like a serious candidate and turned in a serious performance. 

He'll be gone soon enough.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 02:35:32 pm »
IMHO Trump is not running for president because he actually wants to be the president.  If he did, he would have prepared for the debate like a serious candidate and turned in a serious performance. 

All Trump wants is increased exposure. Mission accomplished.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:35:49 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 02:46:04 pm »
Another egomaniac who is calculating over this Megan thing?  Bill O'Reilly.

Yeah...I recall last month that for the first time in a decade, "The Factor" was #2 to the Kelly File.  She's the new #1 of cable programming in prime time.

The who's who on Capitol Hill are tripping over one another trying to get on her show.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 02:47:22 pm »

It wouldn't surprise me if the thought of becoming president of the US - would be a feather in Trump's cap - making his way to the top would be his ultimate challenge.

But then, maybe he is finding it to be a lot tougher than he thought it would - and now, he is intentionally trying to blow it to avoid further humiliation.  Trying to get out of it with his "dignity" intact.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

bkepley

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 03:00:03 pm »
:silly:

Sorry, dude. Better review your posts... You've taken quite a few swings at the pitcher and not at the ball.

I didn't say I don't take the occasional shot particularly in return.  I said most.  If it bothers you it might be because you can see the justice in it.  Reagan used to say the Democratic party left him.  I think some of the conservatives have left Reagan.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2015, 03:08:35 pm »
I didn't say I don't take the occasional shot particularly in return.  I said most.  If it bothers you it might be because you can see the justice in it.  Reagan used to say the Democratic party left him.  I think some of the conservatives have left Reagan.

Nah, it doesn't really bother me. I take the occasional shot, myself. But, I'm just a kitty cat. Mostly I paw, not claw.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 03:29:11 pm »
Bigun, haven't you noticed?  This guy NEVER misses an opportunity to bash "conservatives"!  When he says the word, it is always in a derogatory way, always with a personal insult.

:nono:

One thing I have never seen Trump do. Attacking Liberals.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 03:44:00 pm »

I think you're right on target, here.

I don't think he's delusional enough to think that his verbal diarrhea would 'win' a debate.

He said he didn't prepare, and it was clear he didn't.

He's not a serious candidate, but he's also clearly not stupid.

This was all about getting his face in the news, and it worked.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2015, 03:44:35 pm »
One thing I have never seen Trump do. Attacking Liberals.

And there's clearly a reason for that......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Dexter

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2015, 03:46:53 pm »
This was all about getting his face in the news, and it worked.

:thumbsup:
-Socrates

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2015, 04:11:00 pm »
On his worse day I don't think trump could be as crude and disgusting as kennedy, johnson, nixon or bubba. He just doesn't know enough to keep it away from his public persona or perhaps is simply unable to.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2015, 04:49:01 pm »
Reagan used to say the Democratic party left him.  I think some of the conservatives have left Reagan.

I like that so much I'm going to steal it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2015, 04:53:15 pm »
Plus, Vic, we're getting conflicting news accounts. Some are reporting conservatives angry with Fox News, some reporting conservatives angry with Trump. So, which is it?
Conservatives are just angry. Angry with liberals. Angry with independents. Angry with the media. 

Angry with each other. Cruz is angry with McConnell and McConnell is angry with Cruz.

Trump can be angry with anybody that crosses him. But we don't have to want to watch, if we chose.

There is a wonderful book titled "You Can't Make Me Angry" by Dr. Paul Ohliger 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2015, 04:55:00 pm »
The Rinos and the left are worried about Trump.....thus this event. If they take him out then they will go after the next one they fear. This is all BS. with all going on in the world today most are talking about Kelly and Trump.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2015, 04:57:44 pm »
While I agree that Trump's comment was way over the top, I think Esickson's reaction was calculated to get publicity for Red State.

Trump's circus sideshow did get more eyeballs onto the GOP debate than anything anyone else could have done.  How many of those low information voters who turned in were introduced to a different way of thinking for the first time?  They saw some of the most accomplished, articulate and thoughtful people in the country telling the truth about the reasons we are stuck in this quagmire.   If the vessel that brought them there is flawed, so be it.  But let's give a little credit where credit is due.

That said, I do think the Trump sideshow needs to disappear very soon.

I've always thought that everything that Trump was doing was designed to peel off a segment of the not-Democrat vote with the intent of running third Party and helping Clinton get elected.

The moment that he raised his hand at the beginning of the debate, all my suspicions were confirmed.

Whatever else he is, Donald Trump isn't stupid. Raising his hand wasn't stupid. It was a calculated move and a message.

The message?

Nominate me or I'll crush you.

It's the same way that he conducts business.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 04:58:28 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2015, 05:08:34 pm »
Truth is, I'm not sure anyone "fears" Trump in a political adversary perspective. Sure, some want to avoid confrontation because of all that might entail. And, it would be unpredictable and unorthodox. But fear politically?  Not in a true policy discussion.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2015, 05:11:54 pm »
The Rinos and the left are worried about Trump.....thus this event. If they take him out then they will go after the next one they fear. This is all BS. with all going on in the world today most are talking about Kelly and Trump.

Trump is not by any means my favorite and he has said some things that have been uncalled for.  I certainly don't feel he was asked any unfair questions and certainly feel he came across arrogant.  RINO's fear him (as they should) because if he runs 3rd party; it's all over for the GOP.  I think the left at this point is hoping he runs third party and see him him as part of the destruction of the GOP - planned or not. But my other thought is; as another poster mentioned he's taken the heat off of the other candidates; namely Cruz.who is despised by both the establishment and the left.  Curiously, I would love to know the relationship that Trump and Cruz have.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2015, 05:16:13 pm »
Nah, it doesn't really bother me. I take the occasional shot, myself. But, I'm just a kitty cat. Mostly I paw, not claw.

***cool cat***

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2015, 05:18:03 pm »

I'm sorry, flowers, but what Trump said was disgusting and demeaning.....not just to Megyn, but to all women, and he needs to be called out for it.

It's not BS, and it's not about being "PC."  It's about a man with a fundamental disrespect for women, and people need to know about it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2015, 05:19:29 pm »
Trump is not by any means my favorite and he has said some things that have been uncalled for.  I certainly don't feel he was asked any unfair questions and certainly feel he came across arrogant.  RINO's fear him (as they should) because if he runs 3rd party; it's all over for the GOP.  I think the left at this point is hoping he runs third party and see him him as part of the destruction of the GOP - planned or not. But my other thought is; as another poster mentioned he's taken the heat off of the other candidates; namely Cruz.who is despised by both the establishment and the left.  Curiously, I would love to know the relationship that Trump and Cruz have.

Cruz has stood behind Trump, hasn't he?

That could mean something interesting about their relationship........

Offline Dexter

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2015, 05:21:36 pm »

The left does not fear Trump. They are cheerleading as he hinders the GOP. From their perspective every day Trump remains relevant is a blessing.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:22:20 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2015, 05:23:07 pm »
Trump observed that business and the economy seemed to him better, under democrats.

So why not try to help make the democrats win?

Born rich, never learned good manners. Draft dodging, foul mouthed bully.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Longiron

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2015, 05:29:12 pm »
As the Trump tent collapses, I would not be surprised if he pivots and says that was his intent all along.  Spin... everything.

The TENT will collapse when he is the POTUS. That tent is getting bigger and stronger as he takes on the RINOGOP, Bushies, FOX, Pundits, Media who are all going to lose if he is the next POTUS. The people that is speaking for the most is the  AMERICAN people who are tried of taking it from the above. When he can lead in all skewed polls to trying to shape public opinion  he is on to something. The Media, RINOGOP, most Pundits, FOX, RINO Blogs despise the American people the most and it finally starting to show. :chairbang:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2015, 05:31:16 pm »
I'm sorry, flowers, but what Trump said was disgusting and demeaning.....not just to Megyn, but to all women, and he needs to be called out for it.

It's not BS, and it's not about being "PC."  It's about a man with a fundamental disrespect for women, and people need to know about it.

I'm guessing his two ex-wives would confirm that.

You can take white trash to the city, but they'll still act like white trash.  Trump has never had verbal filters (he's rich, as he never fails to point out), and he ain't gonna get any at the age of 70.  What he said about John McCain should have done him in. So should this.

But will those who think he's the next Messiah? I doubt it.  The good news is he'll continue to spout off like a bar bully, never get specific in terms of what he'll actually DO about any issue, and slam anybody who disagrees with him.  In truth, Trump has about a 5% level of support, and he'll eventually revert to that in the polls.

But, if he runs 3rd party, that's enough to squeeze out the GOP candidate. And, it will be revealed, that's what Donald Trump has been about all along.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2015, 05:33:31 pm »
Cruz has stood behind Trump, hasn't he?

That could mean something interesting about their relationship........

I don't know if it could be said that Cruz has stood behind him, he merely hasn't attacked him.  I'm still hopefully thinking that Trump is simply taking the heat off Cruz.  Yes it would mean something interesting ... "the Donald" is full of surprises and I definitely don't under estimate Cruz.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.