Author Topic: I Have Disinvited Donald Trump to the RedState Gathering  (Read 6560 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Re: I Have Disinvited Donald Trump to the RedState Gathering
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2015, 06:20:25 pm »
Conservatives are very cheap dates, as the intellectual depth of their so-called principles evaporates with each stream of Trump's foul, self-justifying conscience.

If the Donald says it, it is good enough for "conservatives."

Meanwhile national polls show that Trump polls the worst against Hillary. The base demands a candidate who can win the primaries, but who is also guaranteed to lose the general.

Nice work. Conservatism's intellectual foundation is sinking into the NYC sewer lines which are struck constructing a Trump building.

He screams and curses and "true conservatives" have political orgasms.  Except "true conservatives" today are NOT in fact historical conservatives at all. Not at all.

And that is a huge problem.

:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2015, 06:32:12 pm »

Apparently conservatives are really cheap dates if someone like Trump is all it takes for them to swoon politically and "give it up" for a blowhard.

Not all conservatives have been fooled at all by Trump! It's actually only a few and a media circus taking full advantage of the situation!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2015, 06:33:39 pm »
Conservatives are very cheap dates, as the intellectual depth of their so-called principles evaporates with each stream of Trump's foul, self-justifying conscience.

If the Donald says it, it is good enough for "conservatives."

Meanwhile national polls show that Trump polls the worst against Hillary. The base demands a candidate who can win the primaries, but who is also guaranteed to lose the general.

Nice work. Conservatism's intellectual foundation is sinking into the NYC sewer lines which are struck constructing a Trump building.

He screams and curses and "true conservatives" have political orgasms.  Except "true conservatives" today are NOT in fact historical conservatives at all. Not at all.

And that is a huge problem.

Painting with a VERY broad brush IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2015, 06:48:45 pm »

Not all conservatives have been fooled at all by Trump! It's actually only a few and a media circus taking full advantage of the situation!

You've got that right, Bigun!  The idea that all 'conservatives' (term used as a dirty word here...) have fallen for Trump is LUDICROUS.

But broad brushes are what one uses if there is an agenda that is not based in fact, but rather emotion.

(There's a lot of that going on around here these days.  **nononono* )
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2015, 07:55:03 pm »
You've got that right, Bigun!  The idea that all 'conservatives' (term used as a dirty word here...) have fallen for Trump is LUDICROUS.

But broad brushes are what one uses if there is an agenda that is not based in fact, but rather emotion.

(There's a lot of that going on around here these days.  **nononono* )

For the sake of not repeating myself again completely -- in a nutshell Trump brought forward the immigration issue and excited the voters.  His motive beyond that remains to be seen.  He got viewers to watch the debate that was a definite plus.  Stating that he would run 3rd party was certainly a red flag.  He's made some not so conservative statements and choices and has donated to his opponent.  Right now he's alienated a lot of the Latino voters and female voters from the GOP.  So, either he's in Hillary's camp or someone else's.  IMHO Trump definitely has another purpose other than to be president.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2015, 08:22:32 pm »

True. Not all conservatives have been fooled by Trump, but enough have. And elsewhere posters are already being banned over it.  **nononono*

bkepley

« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2015, 08:30:07 pm »
True. Not all conservatives have been fooled by Trump, but enough have. And elsewhere posters are already being banned over it.  **nononono*

During the debate you could hear his gaggle cheering everything he said regardless of if it made any sense or was to the point.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2015, 05:14:19 am »
Painting with a VERY broad brush IMHO!
I am observing the leading candidate pridefully boast he stiffed four banks, and claiming everybody does it, in his world of wealth and power.

And I am observing political orgasms, over his brashness. The same Trump who is successful paying off democrat politicians in NYC is the hero this month, of the anti-establishmentarians.

I'm watching from the sidelines, lest my head come off, from whiplash.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2015, 07:46:17 am »
I am observing the leading candidate pridefully boast he stiffed four banks, and claiming everybody does it, in his world of wealth and power.

And I am observing political orgasms, over his brashness. The same Trump who is successful paying off democrat politicians in NYC is the hero this month, of the anti-establishmentarians.

Trump has got some conservatives so twisted it is almost too bizarre to believe.:shrug:
Trump and says the fact that he regularly buys politicians is troubling and only he can fix it.
This kinda reminds me back in 1996 when Clinton broke all the campaign finance laws and demanded that Congress pass campaign finance reform to stop him.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2015, 11:07:01 am »

We, as in the big "We", are broken.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck