Author Topic: Donald Trump made one shockingly insightful comment during the first GOP debate  (Read 394 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.vox.com/2015/8/6/9114565/donald-trump-debate-money

During Thursday night's GOP debate, Donald Trump bragged about how he deliberately gave money to politicians so that he could later get favors from them. He even said that he used donations to get Hillary Clinton to go to his wedding — that his giving left her with "no choice." It was a bizarre, but effective, diagnosis of the deep corruption in American politics. Reformers tend to present themselves as blameless. Trump is presenting himself as someone who has so mastered the corruption of American politics that he can be trusted to resist it. Here's the exchange:

Q: You've also supported a host of other liberal policies, you've also donated to several Democratic candidates, Hillary Clinton included, Nancy Pelosi. You explained away those donations saying you did that to get business related favors. And you said recently, quote, when you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to do.

TRUMP: You better believe it... I will tell you that our system is broken. I gave to many people. Before this, before two months ago, I was a businessman. I give to everybody. When they call, I give. And you know what? When I need something from them, two years later, three years later, I call them. They are there for me. And that's a broken system.

Q: So what did you get from Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi?

TRUMP: I'll tell you what. With Hillary Clinton, I said, be at my wedding and she came to my wedding. You know why? She had no choice! Because I gave.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline GourmetDan

Of course big business donates to both sides... they have to because our entire government is for sale and if you don't... your competitor will.

The whole purpose of that crap is to 'spin' everything in a certain way.  Truth is irrelevant to these people.

Most people don't think outside the box they are in...
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

bkepley

Pretty sure that if you made it illegal to raise campaign funds the results would be the opposite of what you intended.  Why do you suppose this is such a big.deal to the Democrats?