Author Topic: White House Tweets Message From Anti-Semitic, “Hate Site”  (Read 366 times)

rangerrebew

White House Tweets Message From Anti-Semitic, “Hate Site”
« on: August 05, 2015, 12:59:14 pm »
White House Tweets Message From Anti-Semitic, “Hate Site”

Robert Gehl 
August 5, 2015

The White House has re-tweeted the post of an Anti-Semitic group defending the indefensible Iran nuclear Deal.

Yesterday, using President Obama’s official “@TheIranDeal” twitter account, they posted the following:

Mondoweiss is a news website that has been labeled by both the left and the rights as an Anti-Semitic hate site. Breitbart is reporting that the tweet came in response to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s claim that the 24-day inspections in the deal would allow Iran to hide nuclear material.

Most critics on the right accuse Mondoweiss of being a hate site, and The Washington Post agrees:

Mondweiss is basically one-stop shopping for anti-Israel news. Anything bad that goes on in Israel will be publicized and exaggerated at Mondoweiss. If you want to know the far-left anti-Israel party line on any recent event, Mondoweiss is the place to go.

So in a sense it’s understandable that people with an interest in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict read Mondoweiss, especially if they share the blog’s anti-Israel politics. I keep up sporadically with Mondoweiss largely because its posts sometimes find their way into my Facebook feed from some of my more left-wing friends.

I hope my Facebook friends and others recognize, however, that whatever Mondoweiss’ value as a news aggregator, it is also a hate site.

As of the time of this post, the White House’s twitter post remains live.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/white-house-tweets-message-from-anti-semitic-hate-site
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:59:59 pm by rangerrebew »