Author Topic: Hillary Clinton, Like You've Never Seen Her  (Read 335 times)

bkepley

Hillary Clinton, Like You've Never Seen Her
« on: August 04, 2015, 04:44:32 pm »
VICTORINO MATUS
The Weekly Standard

Based on her latest column, Maureen Dowd is not a fan of Hillary Clinton's campaign run. But how do the Times's readers feel? It's a guilty pleasure of mine (or a bad habit) to read comment sections in order to gauge the mood out there. At the New York Times, however, comments are broken into three sections—All, Readers' Picks, and NYT Picks. The All section is a rabbit hole. A subthread can go on for hundreds of comments, none of them addressing the column but rather a reader who mentioned Hubert Humphrey and Vietnam. So I skipped ahead to the ultrafiltered NYT Picks—letters, if you will, selected by the Times as noteworthy. Here's where it got interesting.

Most of the letters in this category are supportive of a Biden candidacy. There are self-confessed Republicans who say the current GOP field is lousy and they would with all honesty vote for Joe Biden. Hillary gets little love here. And this is where I stumbled across a comment by a certain H. Torbet out of San Francisco who makes the most unusual comparison yet involving Hillary Clinton:

Related Stories
Biden Advisers: Political Team Ramping Up
Who Was Maureen Dowd's Source?
GOP Primary Poll: Trump 20, Walker 13, Bush 10
Poll: Bernie, Biden Closing In on Hillary
Poll: Bernie Gains on Hillary in New Hampshire

More by Victorino Matus
A Fistful of Forints
Horrible Bosses
Sick Leave: My Humbling Week at the Hospital
Rachel Discrimination
Talking Heads: Chinese Doctor Takes Transplants to a ...

There is a scene in Total Recall in which Arnold has to get past Customs while dressed as an old woman. Since it's the future, he has some kind of robot mask on. However, as the questioning becomes more intense, and the robot has trouble with responding, the mask explodes, and Arnold is exposed.

Hillary is like that. She does not seem to have any of her own thoughts. She synthetic, and obviously so.

When she's asked a question, she does not answer. Instead, she starts bobbing her head, her eyes kind of bug out, and she has a weird smile on her face. She's not framing an answer. Her brain is calculating a response. She's searching for what the focus groups have suggested is the best answer.

At some point, she will break down. No one can keep this kind of charade going for very long. The issues concerning "everyday Americans" are too diverse for pure calculation.

More here: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/hillary-clinton-youve-never-seen-her_1003501.html