Author Topic: Obama mocks GOP candidates’ ‘bad ideas,’ urges Dems to watch debate  (Read 436 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/4/obama-pleads-with-democrats-to-watch-gop-debate/

By Kellan Howell - The Washington Times - Tuesday, August 4, 2015

President Obama mocked the “bad ideas” of GOP White House hopefuls, but urged fellow Democrats to watch Thursday’s debate anyway so they can hold the candidates “accountable for trying to undo all of the hard work we’ve done.”

In an email sent to supporters on Tuesday, Mr. Obama predicted the 10 candidates at the main debate will promise to repeal the Affordable Care Act, challenge the “science behind climate change” and reverse course on immigration reform and marriage equality.

“They’re going to deny all of the progress we’ve made together over these past six years,” Mr. Obama wrote.

“But here’s the thing: While these Republicans may have bad ideas, they’re still smart politicians,” he continued. “They know how to make policies that will take us in the wrong direction sound like they might actually be pretty good ideas.”

The 10 candidates with the highest national polling numbers will take the stage in Cleveland Thursday for a two-hour debate, which will be aired live on Fox News at 9 p.m.

The bottom seven candidates will face an earlier debate at 5 p.m. the same day.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I  see that our "thief in charge" is still smokin' the whacky tobaccy, but I think it would be great for the DEMS to watch the debates.  Name recognition, issue recognition and getting them riled is a good thing.  I wonder who will rile them the most?  Trump or Cruz?  Certainly Bush will score some points with the left.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

bkepley

I  see that our "thief in charge" is still smokin' the whacky tobaccy, but I think it would be great for the DEMS to watch the debates.  Name recognition, issue recognition and getting them riled is a good thing.  I wonder who will rile them the most?  Trump or Cruz?  Certainly Bush will score some points with the left.

They'll be watching.  Everyone will be watching.  It'll probably be bigger than the super bowl.

Offline EdinVA

BO just set the rules and it is now up to the republicans to shove them up his... well you know.

“They’re going to deny all of the progress we’ve made together over these past six years,”
BO did not list his "accomplishments" so it is up to the republicans to list them and highlight their failure points.

“They know how to make policies that will take us in the wrong direction sound like they might actually be pretty good ideas.”
Grab this and throw it right back at him.