Author Topic: Clinton hits Bush, Walker for 'full-on assault on women’s health'  (Read 1312 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/250115-clinton-hits-bush-walker-for-full-on-assault-on-womens

August 03, 2015, 02:49 pm
Clinton hits Bush, Walker for 'full-on assault on women’s health'

By Peter Sullivan

Hillary Clinton slammed 2016 rivals Jeb Bush and Scott Walker over their calls to defund Planned Parenthood on Monday, calling the GOP-led effort a "full-on assault on women’s health."

"Republicans like Scott Walker and Jeb Bush are calling to defund Planned Parenthood, the country’s leading provider of reproductive healthcare, and they are joined by Republicans in Congress who will not waste a minute in voting to make that happen," the Democratic front-runner says in a video message.

"If this feels like a full-on assault on women’s health, that’s because it is," she adds.

The Senate is voting Monday on a bill to cut off funds for the organization in the wake of controversial videos.

Clinton previously called images from the Planned Parenthood videos “disturbing” in an interview with the New Hampshire Union Leader last week. But she also defended the organization at the time, saying, “Planned Parenthood for more than a century has done a lot of really good work for women.” 

Clinton said Republicans would block access to cancer screenings and birth control.

“Unfortunately, these attacks aren’t new. They’re more of the same,” she adds.

Clinton called out Walker for defunding Planned Parenthood as governor, and Bush for “gutting funds for crucial family planning programs.”

She also hit former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, another candidate, for signing a law that has forced some abortion clinics to close in the state.

“I’m proud to stand with Planned Parenthood,” Clinton concludes.

Both Bush and Walker have touted their records of opposing funding for Planned Parenthood as the Senate vote nears.

“As Florida Governor, Jeb vetoed state funding for Planned Parenthood,” a petition on Bush’s website states. “Instead, at his urging, the state directed funds to crisis pregnancy support services across Florida.”

“When I first became Governor of Wisconsin, I defunded Planned Parenthood in my first budget and I just signed into law a prohibition on late term abortions,” Walker says in a statement on his petition. “We need to defund Planned Parenthood across the country to ensure that no taxpayer money goes to fund these kind of vile acts.”

This story was updated at 3:02 p.m.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Clinton hits Bush, Walker for 'full-on assault on women’s health'
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 09:16:25 pm »
Bush is in quite a pickle on this one.   Hillary is slamming him so he looks like crap to the DEMS and on the Republican side he looks like crap because he donated to Planned Parenthood. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 09:34:23 pm »
It is only going to get worse and the republicans need to have a response that does not involve the bible, religion or some holier than thou aspect.
The republicans are in a fight and they better fight to win or we are going to have 8 years of this idiot.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:34:41 pm by EdinVA »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 09:41:42 pm »
*womens health*

what a crock of you know what...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 11:23:12 pm »
*womens health*

what a crock of you know what...

Mrs. Clinton: Explain to us how killing human fetuses and selling their tiny body parts supports "women's health"? Now, tell us why taxpayers should be forced to subsidize it.

That the news media will allow her to obfuscate is predictable.

For her prospective Republican opponents to allow her to do so would be inexcusable.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 11:28:00 pm »
Mrs. Clinton: Explain to us how killing human fetuses and selling their tiny body parts supports "women's health"? Now, tell us why taxpayers should be forced to subsidize it.

That is the right response....

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 11:39:46 pm »
That is the right response....

Which is why most Republican Presidential aspirants will never make it. Their preternaturally risk-averse political advisers will counsel them against making "controversial" statements - meaning ones that the hard-left news media will instantly characterize as "extremist" and "right-wing" and worse.

It often seems that any truly effective opposition is now officially frowned upon by the Permagovernment GOP establishment. It might work. And then, they'd actually have to explain it, which means that they'd have to admit to agreeing with it. And the truth is: they do not.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 11:46:39 pm »

That the news media will allow her to obfuscate is predictable.

For her prospective Republican opponents to allow her to do so would be inexcusable.

She would say, "MENTAL HEALTH".

As Obama once said....why should a woman be "punished" with parenthood and the responsibility if she doesn't want it?

Furthermore, I need to get something off my chest here.   I realize I'm probably on thin ice here, but facts are facts.

"Black lives matter".   Okay, we can all get behind that, can't we?  All lives matter.  We all agree on that.   

But consider the overall plight of the inner city black community if there were....since 1973, no abortion available to African-American girls and/or women who already are on welfare and always find themselves with too much month at the end of the money.

I figure there would be two to three  MORE generations of blacks that...since Roe v Wade, that could have been spawned since 1973 and that today would be sexually active. 

We all cite statistics of how blacks commit more crimes and murders than other races in the US.  And they comprise the majority of incarcerated people in our prison systems.

This is what Sanger meant, I believe.  And this is why Hillary Clinton also was such a big fan.

Nobody wants to see people struggle and saddled in poverty with no hope of a better life.  No Conservative anyways.

Call it a silver lining, but I thank God that the size of the ghettos in our cities aren't as big as they would be, if not for Roe v Wade.

Education hasn't worked.  Birth control hasn't worked. 

Abortion is the only vehicle they have to right their 'mistakes'.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:48:12 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 12:06:44 am »
She would say, "MENTAL HEALTH".

As Obama once said....why should a woman be "punished" with parenthood and the responsibility if she doesn't want it?

Furthermore, I need to get something off my chest here.   I realize I'm probably on thin ice here, but facts are facts.

"Black lives matter".   Okay, we can all get behind that, can't we?  All lives matter.  We all agree on that.   

But consider the overall plight of the inner city black community if there were....since 1973, no abortion available to African-American girls and/or women who already are on welfare and always find themselves with too much month at the end of the money.

I figure there would be two to three  MORE generations of blacks that...since Roe v Wade, that could have been spawned since 1973 and that today would be sexually active. 

We all cite statistics of how blacks commit more crimes and murders than other races in the US.  And they comprise the majority of incarcerated people in our prison systems.

This is what Sanger meant, I believe.  And this is why Hillary Clinton also was such a big fan.

Nobody wants to see people struggle and saddled in poverty with no hope of a better life.  No Conservative anyways.

Call it a silver lining, but I thank God that the size of the ghettos in our cities aren't as big as they would be, if not for Roe v Wade.

Education hasn't worked.  Birth control hasn't worked. 

Abortion is the only vehicle they have to right their 'mistakes'.

If you want to stop people, regardless of race from having more children than they can support, then the answer is to stop subsidizing them for doing so, and cease allowing their parents to escape all responsibility for raising them by shifting the cost to others. Societies always get more of what they subsidize and less of that which they tax. We live in an age of perverse incentives, where virtue is punished and vice rewarded. It won't stop until the virtuous revoke their sanction from a state that taxes them to create an electoral army of permanent dependents whose need is held as an unchallengeable claim on others' human rights.  Abortion does not solve the problem; it just delays the eventual result.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 12:24:44 am »
If you want to stop people, regardless of race from having more children than they can support, then the answer is to stop subsidizing them for doing so, and cease allowing their parents to escape all responsibility for raising them by shifting the cost to others. Societies always get more of what they subsidize and less of that which they tax. We live in an age of perverse incentives, where virtue is punished and vice rewarded. It won't stop until the virtuous revoke their sanction from a state that taxes them to create an electoral army of permanent dependents whose need is held as an unchallengeable claim on others' human rights.  Abortion does not solve the problem; it just delays the eventual result.

Having trouble following you, Andy.  IMO, abortion DOES solve the problem.

We need to criminalize pregnancies for single women already on welfare or receiving entitlements. 

If you're too stupid and/or lazy to take a birth-control pill daily, and become pregnant, you're going to be PUNISHED.

We creating generations of feral black children, who grow up to 'bite' society.   It needs to be curtailed.

Right now, abortion is the only tool in the box.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 01:28:48 am »
Andy wrote above:
[[ If you want to stop people, regardless of race from having more children than they can support, then the answer is to stop subsidizing them for doing so, and cease allowing their parents to escape all responsibility for raising them by shifting the cost to others. Societies always get more of what they subsidize and less of that which they tax. We live in an age of perverse incentives, where virtue is punished and vice rewarded. It won't stop until the virtuous revoke their sanction from a state that taxes them to create an electoral army of permanent dependents whose need is held as an unchallengeable claim on others' human rights.  Abortion does not solve the problem; it just delays the eventual result. ]]

Andy, as usual you're dead-on right.

But, if this is what you truly believe (as I, too, believe it), you have to be intellectually and morally willing and ready to accept the consequences of such policy.

If we are to implement such policies toward illegitimacy that involve the withdrawal of all government support to women who bear children out-of-wedlock, we must also be willing to impose such hardships upon their children.

That means we must accept the reality that there are going to be images of sick and starving children as a result of parents who are unable or unwilling to care for them, sans government support.

This means no food for such children.
It means no medical care for them.
It means that some of them will become sick.
It means that some of them, perhaps quite a few, will die of sickness and perhaps even starvation.

Again, if were are determined to coerce poor women (many of whom are black and of low intelligence and ability with no functioning education at all) who are not willing to be responsible for their children to STOP HAVING same, it will be the children who suffer -- until greater-society-at-large demands that they stop, and perhaps takes pro-active steps to curtail their irresponsible reproductive behavior. By force, if necessary.

So, I'll ask you directly:
Are you willing to see this happen, as the consequence for such a policy?

Only fair to state what my own response would be:
Yes. If that's what's required, that's what I'm prepared to accept.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:29:56 am by Fishrrman »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 01:29:07 am »

Friendly amendment:   If you want to stop people, regardless of race from having more children than they can support, then the answer is to stop subsidizing iincentivising them for doing so...

There are babies being born to third generation welfare queens every day for no reason other than mommy gets a bigger check!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:30:40 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 09:35:27 am »

Glad to have this sound bite.  It could come in handy later.

I wonder why Hitlery is slamming Bush and Walker.  Trumps is leading in all the polls of GOP primary voters.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 11:20:54 am »

I wonder why Hitlery is slamming Bush and Walker.  Trumps is leading in all the polls of GOP primary voters.

Look what happens whenever somebody slams Trump? 

But I get your point.  Sure feeds the trojan horse theory, doesn't it?   :laugh:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 11:23:34 am »

Trump fights back!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 11:59:29 pm »
Having trouble following you, Andy.  IMO, abortion DOES solve the problem.

We need to criminalize pregnancies for single women already on welfare or receiving entitlements. 

If you're too stupid and/or lazy to take a birth-control pill daily, and become pregnant, you're going to be PUNISHED.

We creating generations of feral black children, who grow up to 'bite' society.   It needs to be curtailed.

Right now, abortion is the only tool in the box.

Yes, it is the only tool in the box, but if the only tool you have is a hammer, then all problems begin to look like nails.

And innocent children are not nails.

What inner-city black children become, or are likely to become is a product not of their "environment" but of their familial culture and the government that today fairly mandates its deterioration. 

Today, that culture is one of abandonment, ignorance, irresponsibility, and hopelessness. And far from encouraging a sense of belonging, knowledge, personal responsibility and hope, our government - largely through the unionized public schools and "social services" organizations - promotes more of the same.

And they do so for one overriding purpose: to maintain power over Black Lives that don't really Matter, except as useful tools for Progressive masters and their plantation keepers.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 12:43:55 am »
Yes, it is the only tool in the box, but if the only tool you have is a hammer, then all problems begin to look like nails.

What inner-city black children become, or are likely to become is a product not of their "environment" but of their familial culture and the government that today fairly mandates its deterioration. 

Today, that culture is one of abandonment, ignorance, irresponsibility, and hopelessness. And far from encouraging a sense of belonging, knowledge, personal responsibility and hope, our government - largely through the unionized public schools and "social services" organizations - promotes more of the same.

And they do so for one overriding purpose: to maintain power over Black Lives that don't really Matter, except as useful tools for Progressive masters and their plantation keepers.

Thank you for your thoughtful (as usual) response, Andy! 

Wish I could frame my thoughts as well as you (and more than a few others in here).  I blame it on age and an increasing lack of patience.   :laugh:

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 01:55:59 am »
Trump fights back!
Yes.  I sure that is it.  Hitlery is scared of Trump.

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 01:57:12 am »

That was a very good post.  Well said.