Author Topic: The New Battle Lines: Elitists Vs. Us  (Read 25658 times)

Offline Lazamataz

Re: The New Battle Lines: Elitists Vs. Us
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2015, 12:15:15 am »
Late to the discussion as is my station, it seems.  Thanks for the contribution, Laz. 

In time, a choice will be presented to us on a Tuesday in a not-so-distant November.  I hope it provides an option better than (E) vs. (E).  I am not optimistic, but I will choose.  As must we all. 

My hope, because there is little else, is the pipeline.  My fear is nothing will matter a hell of a lot short of a truly sudden, existential "snap-to" event.  Our reality may be; given a generational indifference to traditional tenets of this society, driven and enabled by the political elitists, absolutely nothing may matter.

I've heard a little chatter about a September 2015 time frame for major problems. I pray that chatter is noise, not signal. I like air conditioning and I hate bugs.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2015, 01:40:07 am »
So a guy can pretend to be one thing on one site and another on another site and no one should call him out on it because in both instances he makes himself a favorite?  Ok but it is dishonest in my opinion to portray yourself as a moderate on one site and an extremist on the other and evev to be encouraged to do this by the site mngmnt.

Have you ever know anyone whose name is mystery-ak, Lazamataz, Lando Lincoln, Once-ler, sinkspur or Oceander out in the real world?

Pretending you're someone that you're not is the cornerstone of online forums.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:41:19 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2015, 03:31:39 am »
A) Mockery is right out of Alinsky. Congrats on your storied mentor!

B) Everyone is powerless. If you believe otherwise, welcome to a life of disappointment.

C) Conspiracies that are true are called 'plans'.

I am unsurprised at your response. I'm sure you are either a RINO/Establishment official, or a huge backer thereof -- one that is likely to see a payoff, either monetary or otherwise. You've got some skin in the game.

A. Mockery comes naturally for me, and with fringers it comes easily.
B. My guys are all in leadership position in the Congress and most Governor and state legislatures.  Next year the GOP will own the White House too.
C.  Conspiracies that are false are still stupid.

I've been working hard at being unsurprising.  I do have skin in the game.  I love my country, I have young children who I hope live in a better world, and I pay taxes.
Good job recognizing my support for the RINO/Establishment Sherlock...did the red white and blue rhino avatar, or the "RINO Libtard" line underneath give me away?

Offline Lazamataz

« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2015, 12:37:55 am »
B. My guys are all in leadership position in the Congress and most Governor and state legislatures.  Next year the GOP will own the White House too.

Yes, congratulations on rigging the system for liberal Republicans. WHOOO HOOOOO!

I've been working hard at being unsurprising.  I do have skin in the game.  I love my country, I have young children who I hope live in a better world, and I pay taxes.
Good job recognizing my support for the RINO/Establishment Sherlock...did the red white and blue rhino avatar, or the "RINO Libtard" line underneath give me away?

Well, you actually to admit you are a liberal. That is to your credit.

To your deficit, is that you are helping to destroy America.

So you can take pride in that.

Offline Lazamataz

« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2015, 12:39:24 am »
Have you ever know anyone whose name is mystery-ak, Lazamataz, Lando Lincoln, Once-ler, sinkspur or Oceander out in the real world?

My pen name actually IS Laz A. Mataz.

So it's somewhat 'real world'.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2015, 12:41:34 am »
Yes, congratulations on rigging the system for liberal Republicans. WHOOO HOOOOO!

Well, you actually to admit you are a liberal. That is to your credit.

To your deficit, is that you are helping to destroy America.

So you can take pride in that.

Come on Laz....   :whistle:   Is that necessary?

Once-Ler has always presented himself as a thoughtful, ever-lucid poster, who shouldn't have to read crap like that in here....regardless of it being a hidden category for members.

Just my opinion....

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2015, 01:22:43 am »
.....and you are correct

Oceander

« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2015, 03:02:25 am »

Pretending you're someone that you're not is the cornerstone of online forums.

Actually, on the 1870 (I think) census records, my great-grandfather is listed as "Oceander".

Offline Lazamataz

« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2015, 05:16:54 pm »
Come on Laz....   :whistle:   Is that necessary?

Once-Ler has always presented himself as a thoughtful, ever-lucid poster, who shouldn't have to read crap like that in here....regardless of it being a hidden category for members.

Just my opinion....

Sorry bro, apology to you.

Not to him, though.

Liberals are my enemy.

bkepley

« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2015, 05:23:24 pm »

Not to him, though.

Liberals are my enemy.

Completely loony.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2015, 06:45:39 pm »

Not to him, though.

Liberals are my enemy.

No need to apologize to me, Laz.   I've always been a  huge fan of yours.    :patriot:   "Love you long time!"

Simply believe that Once-Ler's opinions are valued by a lot of us in here.  Go to any well read thread where poop was flying and you'll find him presenting a well reasoned, polite, thoughtful argument.      :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lazamataz

« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2015, 07:46:38 pm »
No need to apologize to me, Laz.   I've always been a  huge fan of yours.    :patriot:   "Love you long time!"

Simply believe that Once-Ler's opinions are valued by a lot of us in here.  Go to any well read thread where poop was flying and you'll find him presenting a well reasoned, polite, thoughtful argument.      :laugh:

Well, since liberalism IS poop to me, I suggest that however polite, he was slinging poop too.

And of all the liberals in the world, ones that have infiltrated the Republican party are the most treacherous of all.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2015, 08:18:16 pm »
And of all the liberals in the world, ones that have infiltrated the Republican party are the most treacherous of all.

I think you're doing fine, Laz.  Some of us feel a lot more like you do anyway.   :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2015, 08:51:48 pm »
Well, I don't think that America is in a deep, deep hole because of unfettered government conservatism.

I believe the blame for this mess lies with the loony left AND the feckless milquetoast Republicans breaking campaign promises to conservatives (who are the ones who get them elected), and for their giving in to each and every of Obama's illegal and unconstitutional actions.

bkepley

« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2015, 08:56:44 pm »
Well, I don't think that America is in a deep, deep hole because of unfettered government conservatism.

I believe the blame for this mess lies with the loony left AND the feckless milquetoast Republicans breaking campaign promises to conservatives (who are the ones who get them elected), and for their giving in to each and every of Obama's illegal and unconstitutional actions.

I think the voters also have something to do with it.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2015, 09:12:04 pm »
I think the voters also have something to do with it.

Ain't universal suffrage wonderful...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

bkepley

« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2015, 10:15:12 pm »
Ain't universal suffrage wonderful...

Americans get outraged if you suggest some people should not be allowed to vote.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2015, 10:42:50 pm »
Americans get outraged if you suggest some people should not be allowed to vote.

IMO, only property owners should be given the vote.

Wanna vote?

Buy a house!    :laugh:

bkepley

« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2015, 10:44:42 pm »

Wanna vote?

I agree but even fairly conservative folks think that is un-American or something.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2015, 10:44:43 pm »

Wanna vote?

I agree that you should have some kind of investment in America to have the privilege to vote - at least be a taxpayer!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2015, 10:51:14 pm »
I agree that you should have some kind of investment in America to have the privilege to vote - at least be a taxpayer!

How about if you are on any subsistence you cannot vote.
I think welfare pay some sort of taxes don't they?

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2015, 10:55:23 pm »

I don't have a problem with that at all - people on welfare should not have a vote. 

bkepley

« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2015, 10:59:04 pm »

It's all a dream.  The "people" know they have the keys to the treasury they're not likely to give it back.  Makes you admire all the more our ancestors who did understand and apply similar rules and even those denied the vote understood why.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2015, 12:00:41 am »
I don't have a problem with that at all - people on welfare should not have a vote.

Since we are talking pipe dreams, nor should public employees at the level they are employed.  Federal employees should not be allowed to vote in federal elections. 

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2015, 12:05:42 am »
Since we are talking pipe dreams, nor should public employees at the level they are employed.  Federal employees should not be allowed to vote in federal elections.

Excellent point!