Author Topic: Trump lowers expectations for debate  (Read 575 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump lowers expectations for debate
« on: July 30, 2015, 06:44:28 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/249808-trump-lowers-expectations-for-debate

July 30, 2015, 01:38 pm
Trump lowers expectations for debate

By Mark Hensch

GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump said on Thursday he has “no idea” how he will perform in next week’s Republican 2016 debate.
Trump argued that he is a man of action rather than words during a news conference in Turnberry, Scotland, that afternoon.

“As far as preparing for the debates, I am who I am,” he told ABC News.

“I’ve never debated before, I’m not a debater,” Trump said. “I get things done. I don’t talk about it, I get it done.”

“Politicians talk about it,” he added. “They debate all over the place and nothing happens. I’m sort of the opposite.”

Trump then refused to guess on how he will fare during next week’s televised contest with nine other White House hopefuls.

“I have no idea how I’ll do,” he said of the Aug. 6 debate on Fox News. “Maybe I’ll do terribly, maybe I’ll do great.”

Trump’s remarks lower expectations over his presentation during next week’s forum under the Fox News banner. The first GOP debate of the 2016 race marks a major opportunity for attention amid one of the most crowded presidential fields in recent memory.

The number of Republican Oval Office bids grew to 17 on Wednesday, when former Virginia Gov. James Gilmore filed paperwork for his campaign next year.

Trump is currently leading the Republican field in several national samples of everyday Americans.

A new Quinnipiac survey released on Thursday shows him commanding support from 20 percent of likely voters. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker trails the outspoken billionaire with 13 percent. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, meanwhile, places third, with 10 percent support.

Trump’s dominance in the polls ensures he will take the stage during next week’s debates on Fox News. The news outlet announced on Wednesday it is featuring the top ten Republican 2016 candidates in its main debate based on an average of national polling numbers.

The remaining candidates will take part in an earlier runoff debate also broadcast on Aug. 6.

Trump, meanwhile, is expected to skip another GOP forum scheduled for next week. Reports emerged on Wednesday suggesting the real estate kingpin plans on missing the Voters First Presidential Forum in New Hampshire on Aug. 3. Trump declined participation in the event as he believes it “unlikely” The New Hampshire Union Leader is endorsing his candidacy.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: Trump lowers expectations for debate
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:49:44 pm »
My guess is he'll do just fine in such a crowd.  It's in one-on-one that he will do badly if it is a real debate.

Offline Longiron

Re: Trump lowers expectations for debate
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 07:02:27 pm »
Being TRUMP is what the people want. Other than CRUZ & Carly one will see all politicians who will be over coached by the CARTEL consultants to ONE up TRUMP. He and CRUZ are so much smarter than anyone up their and TRUMP business dealing have put in front of a whole lot of other important people than politicians and CRUZ before the SCOTUS and WINNING DOES SAY SOMETHING ABOUT HIM. WINNING something the RINOGOP does not or want to understand except inside the DC Cartel. :patriot: