Author Topic: Romney Attacks Cruz for Iran Statements; Cruz Fires Back  (Read 796 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney Attacks Cruz for Iran Statements; Cruz Fires Back
« on: July 30, 2015, 06:51:43 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=659661

Newsmax
Romney Attacks Cruz for Iran Statements; Cruz Fires Back
Thursday, July 30, 2015 02:11 PM

By: Courtney Coren

Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney is no fan of the Iran nuclear deal being proposed by the Obama administration, but he thinks Texas Sen. Ted Cruz went too far when he said it amounts to the United States financing terrorists.

In an interview on Fox News in mid-July, Cruz said that "if this deal goes through, the Obama administration will become the leading financier of terrorism against America in the world," adding that he's "heard this referred to before as the 'Jihadist Stimulus Bill.'"

He has continued to make similar comments when talking about the proposal, as Cruz did Tuesday during a roundtable discussion with other lawmakers when he said that the deal with Iran will lead to the release of "billions of dollars under control of this administration" to "flow into the hands of jihadists who will use that money to murder Americans, to murder Israelis, to murder Europeans."

But Romney said on his Twitter account on Thursday, that the comments by the Texas Republican "hurts the cause:"

Mitt Romney

@MittRomney

I am opposed to the Iran deal, but @SenTedCruz is way over the line on the Obama terrorism charge. Hurts the cause.
6:40 AM - 30 Jul 2015

Cruz responded to Romney's tweet during a radio interview Thursday with Chad Hasty on 790 AM KFYO in Lubbock, Texas, Business Insider is reporting.

"So Mitt Romney's tweet today said, 'Gosh, this rhetoric is not helpful,'" Cruz told Hasty. "John Adams famously said, 'Facts are stubborn things.' Describing the actual facts is not using rhetoric; it is called speaking the truth."

The presidential hopeful then recalled Romney's debate with President Barack Obama in 2012 when they discussed the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

"Part of the reason that Mitt Romney got clobbered by Barack Obama is because we all remember that third debate where Barack Obama turned to Mitt and said, 'I said the Benghazi attack was terrorism and no one is more upset by Benghazi than I am.' And Mitt, I guess listening to his own advice, said, 'Well gosh, I don't want to use any rhetoric. So OK, never mind. I'll just kind of rearrange the pencil on the podium here," Cruz said.

"We need to stand up and speak the truth with a smile," the Texas Republican added. "The truth has power and every time we have Republicans who shy away — who don't want to engage, who don't want to speak the truth — we lose."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Romney Attacks Cruz for Iran Statements; Cruz Fires Back
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:53:57 pm »
God bless him....but "If a tree falls in the forest....", comes to mind.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 07:02:42 pm »
Ted Cruz isn't playing!

VERY refreshing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 07:57:05 pm »
Romney Attacks Cruz for Iran Statements

This was an "attack"?  Wow, haven't we some very delicate rosebuds running for the highest office in the land.   **nononono*

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 10:27:40 pm »
So...let me get this straight.  Romney who lost the presidential bid twice and states he isn't a fan of Obama's nuke deal ... is criticizing Cruz who is a sitting Senator and presidential candidate for voicing his opposition.  Got it.   Seems Cruz is a much bigger threat than I thought.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

bkepley

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 10:31:51 pm »
This was an "attack"?  Wow, haven't we some very delicate rosebuds running for the highest office in the land.   **nononono*

Maybe but I bet Cruz was praying for a chance for that smackdown