Author Topic: Donald Trump suggests 'merit system' for undocumented immigrants  (Read 495 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump took a softer stance immigration during a television interview Friday, saying he believes in a "merit system" for undocumented immigrants already living in the U.S....

...But he said the country should take a different approach with "the other ones" — i.e., undocumented immigrants who have "done a good job" since arriving in the U.S.

"I'm a very big believer in the merit system," Trump said. "I have to tell you: Some of these people have been here, they've done a good job. You know, in some cases, sadly, they've been living under the shadows. ... If somebody's been outstanding, we try and work something out....

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/07/donald_trump_hints_at_merit_system_for_undocumente.html

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Donald Trump suggests 'merit system' for undocumented immigrants
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:17:13 am »
The mask comes off.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Donald Trump suggests 'merit system' for undocumented immigrants
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 04:35:08 am »
Are there any known treatments, for the disease known as "Fresno Whiplash Syndrome?"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln