Author Topic: The Kochs freeze out Donald Trump  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
The Kochs freeze out Donald Trump
« on: July 29, 2015, 11:40:08 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/kochs-freeze-out-trump-120752.html?hp=t1_r

The Koch brothers are freezing out Donald Trump from their influential political operation — denying him access to their state-of-the-art data and refusing to let him speak to their gatherings of grass-roots activists or major donors. Despite a long and cordial relationship between the real estate showman and David Koch, as well as a raft of former Koch operatives who are now running Trump’s presidential campaign, the Koch political operation appears to have concluded that Trump is the wrong standard-bearer for the GOP.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

bkepley

Re: The Kochs freeze out Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:50:10 pm »
For God's sake every GOP candidate is more impressive than the the leading GOP candidate.  Watch them and listen.  He is the only one who is a fooll.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 12:25:52 am »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/kochs-freeze-out-trump-120752.html?hp=t1_r

The Koch brothers are freezing out Donald Trump from their influential political operation — denying him access to their state-of-the-art data and refusing to let him speak to their gatherings of grass-roots activists or major donors. Despite a long and cordial relationship between the real estate showman and David Koch, as well as a raft of former Koch operatives who are now running Trump’s presidential campaign, the Koch political operation appears to have concluded that Trump is the wrong standard-bearer for the GOP.

Have to believe it. It is from Politico. It really is nice when no one owns a politician. No one owns Trump why is that hard to understand.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 12:31:06 am »
For God's sake every GOP candidate is more impressive than the the leading GOP candidate.  Watch them and listen.  He is the only one who is a fooll.

Seems to me the the others should watch and listen to the 'fool'

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 12:31:23 am »
Have to believe it. It is from Politico. It really is nice when no one owns a politician. No one owns Trump why is that hard to understand.

Wow it is sad when a 'conservative' speaks like a lib..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline evadR

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 12:41:46 am »
Trump's numbers are now at 25%. I guess those people are all fools too.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 12:48:30 am »
Trump's numbers are now at 25%. I guess those people are all fools too.
They are.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 12:50:58 am »
Soon as I saw "politico", I stopped reading.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 01:06:32 am »
They are.

LOL. The fools are winning

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 01:09:28 am »
LOL. The fools are winning
They've been winning since 2005.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 01:10:31 am »
the Koch political operation appears to have concluded that Trump is the wrong standard-bearer for the GOP.

Romney would've made a great president. But he lacked the fire to win the presidency.

Here we have Trump, who, it seems, does not lack for fire...

So, who would be the right standard-bearer for the GOP? John Kasich? Lindsey Graham? Chris Christie? Jeb? Rubio?

Offline Dexter

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 01:11:08 am »
Soon as I saw "politico", I stopped reading.    :whistle:

The conservatives I know claim that Politico is a leftist news organization and the liberals I know claim that it is a right leaning news organization.  :shrug:
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 01:12:00 am »
the Koch political operation appears to have concluded that Trump is the wrong standard-bearer for the GOP.

Romney would've made a great president. But he lacked the fire to win the presidency.

Here we have Trump, who, it seems, does not lack for fire...

So, who would be the right standard-bearer for the GOP? John Kasich? Lindsey Graham? Chris Christie? Jeb? Rubio?

Trump does have fire, but I think he's too unpredictable for them.
-Socrates

Offline Carling

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 01:20:59 am »
The conservatives I know claim that Politico is a leftist news organization and the liberals I know claim that it is a right leaning news organization.  :shrug:

Well, since you're a liberal, what do you view Politico as in terms of ideology?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Dexter

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 01:33:53 am »
Well, since you're a liberal, what do you view Politico as in terms of ideology?

I read countless articles from multitudes of online sources. Politico has never seemed more of one or the other to me.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:34:41 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline evadR

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 01:52:29 am »
The "problem" with Trump is nobody controls him, nobody can pull his strings because he hasn't any.
This scares the hell out of the GOPe.
For that reason, he must be destroyed...at all cost.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 02:00:55 am »
The "problem" with Trump is nobody controls him, nobody can pull his strings because he hasn't any.
This scares the hell out of the GOPe.
For that reason, he must be destroyed...at all cost.

Will you stop it with the GOPe crap!!!! The real enemy is Hillary Clinton... Trump would lose against her!!! Are you that dense or you rather fight GOPe than the Rats.. I prefer to fight the Rats thank you very much..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 02:08:52 am »

Choose your friends and acquaintances more carefully.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 02:11:35 am »

Will you stop it with the GOPe crap!!!! The real enemy is Hillary Clinton... Trump would lose against her!!! Are you that dense or you rather fight GOPe than the Rats.. I prefer to fight the Rats thank you very much..

It's primary season, KD!  Plenty of time for 'Cankles'.

But I do agree with you on "the GOPe crap"

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 02:21:08 am »

The real enemy is Hillary Clinton... Trump would lose against her!!!

I don't think you can make that case today

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 02:22:55 am »
I don't think you can make that case today

I think so.. If he gets the nomination the media will turn on him big time.. Think John McCain.. The media did like him, then boom.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 02:25:24 am »

No one on that list is going to cut it. If Trump flames out, Cruz is the guy that could do it. For now, I'm just enjoying watching trump make the ruling elite heads explode

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 02:28:31 am »

I think so.. If he gets the nomination the media will turn on him big time.. Think John McCain.. The media did like him, then boom.

As long as trump continues to resonate with the masses he doesn't have to concern himself with the media. The people already despise them as much as the politicians trump is kicking around. At the rate things are going the media can either get on board at some point or become marginalized themselves

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 02:30:15 am »
No one on that list is going to cut it. If Trump flames out, Cruz is the guy that could do it. For now, I'm just enjoying watching trump make the ruling elite heads explode

Cruz?

You mean the 'Cruz' that is a leper in the Republican majority Senate right now?  That Cruz?    :whistle:

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 02:37:31 am »
Are you suggesting that we should make sure the nominee has the nod of the gop senate? As far as I'm concerned, that is what we don't want. More importantly, that is what the majority of voters don't what. Hence the current enthusiasm for trump