Author Topic: Didn’t See This Coming… HUGE Attack Against Boehner from His Own Party – We Love This!  (Read 970 times)

rangerrebew

Didn’t See This Coming… HUGE Attack Against Boehner from His Own Party – We Love This!

By TPIWriter |  3,663 views

Conservatives are tired of U.S. House Speaker John Boehner’s (R-OH) inability to stop the Obama agenda.

That’s why conservative hero Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) just made a huge move against Boehner by filing paperwork to fire him as speaker!

Meadows was briefly kicked off of his Chairman position of the Government Operations subcommittee after he voted against Boehner and the GOP leadership on the Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) legislation… otherwise known as Obamatrade. And Meadows is fighting back.

This motion to “vacate the chair” would then force a “no confidence” vote by the entire House of Representatives.

But just before 6 p.m. Tuesday — a day before the House was set to leave town for its five-week summer recess — Meadows offered a motion to vacate the chair, an extraordinarily rare procedural move that represents the most serious expression of opposition to Boehner’s speakership. […]

It states that Boehner tried to “consolidate power and centralize decision-making, bypassing the majority of the 435 members of Congress and the people they represent.” It accuses the speaker of using the “legislative calendar to create crises for the American people, in order to compel members to vote for legislation.” The resolution also charges Boehner with using the Rules Committee to limit amendments.

The “Speaker has, through inaction, caused the power of Congress to atrophy, thereby making Congress subservient to the Executive and Judicial branches, diminishing the voice of the American People,” it reads. “Whereas the Speaker uses the power of the office to punish Members who vote according to their conscience instead of the will of the Speaker.”

And the effort is building support!

But Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.), who has repeatedly voted against Boehner, said there’s a lot of “dissatisfaction with the leadership.”

There is no obvious candidate to replace Boehner. But Meadows offered House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and GOP Conference Chairman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.), as well as Texas Reps. Lamar Smith, Mike McCaul and Kevin Brady and Florida Rep. Daniel Webster, as alternatives.

Clearly, Boehner has been no friend to conservatives. When it became challenging to stand up to Obama, Boehner has always taken the easy way out.

Do you support this effort to fire Speaker Boehner? Please leave us a comment (below) and tell us what you think.

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/didnt-see-this-coming-huge-attack-against-boehner-from-his-own-party-we-love-this/#ixzz3hJlEHuEH

Offline EdinVA

Do you support this effort to fire Speaker Boehner?
   YES!

Offline Longiron

Briebart relesed this yesterday. Bold move to out this RINO from power. Don't know if it will happen but if YOUR cingressperson does not VOTE to get him out hopefully they get primaried and replaced. Interesting since TRUMP has been in a few people have found a pair The Huckster and now a Congressmen in NC. Keep it going and the silent majority is MOVING and being heard..  :patriot:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Briebart relesed this yesterday. Bold move to out this RINO from power. Don't know if it will happen but if YOUR cingressperson does not VOTE to get him out hopefully they get primaried and replaced. Interesting since TRUMP has been in a few people have found a pair The Huckster and now a Congressmen in NC. Keep it going and the silent majority is MOVING and being heard..  :patriot:

Translate to English, please?     :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

My congresscritter is connelly, he put the W in worthless so I am sure he is buddies with B..

Online kevindavis007

I'll be happy when we put this effort go after Democrats with this much energy and vigor..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'll be happy when we put this effort go after Democrats with this much energy and vigor..

What's the sense of going after Democrats with energy and vigor....if your current party leadership doesn't have the guts?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

Agree.  And that is the only reason I am pushing for Trump and Cruz because they are fighters.
That is what it will take to win.  Being nice is not going to get anything accomplished but run over.

Offline musiclady

Translate to English, please?     :pondering:

Thank you!

I couldn't make head nor tail out of that post!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GourmetDan

Get rid of that s.o.b.

Nominate Ted Cruz...   

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:08:03 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Me to! That is a MAJOR reason why Boehner and McConnell need to go!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Considering that "Boehner" was just re-elected to his seat and those  who voted against  his reappointment punished, I don't see Boehner being ousted. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Considering that "Boehner" was just re-elected to his seat and those  who voted against  his reappointment punished, I don't see Boehner being ousted.

It won't even get a hearing much less get Boehner removed!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

It won't even get a hearing much less get Boehner removed!

Possibly so, Bigun. But, to win the battle our troops must keep charging the hill.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Possibly so, Bigun. But, to win the battle our troops must keep charging the hill.

Oh I definitely agree with that! All I'm telling you is that Boehner made sure that the committees that deal with this are filled with his lackys!

- J. R. R. Tolkien