Author Topic: Father of Colorado movie gunman pleads with jury for his life  (Read 332 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.oann.com/parents-of-colorado-movie-gunman-to-plead-with-jury-for-his-life/

CENTENNIAL, Colo. (Reuters) – The father of the Colorado movie massacre gunman pleaded on Tuesday for his son’s life, showing the jury photos of family vacations when he said James Holmes was “a really excellent kid” who became mentally ill and is not to blame for his July 2012 rampage.

Bob Holmes, who with his wife Arlene has attended the proceedings on the outskirts of Denver almost every day since they began in late April, made his long-anticipated appearance on the witness stand during the trial’s punishment phase. Arlene Holmes is expected to testify on Wednesday.

The Holmes family lives near San Diego, California, and James had moved to Aurora, a Denver suburb, for graduate school.

On July 16, the jury found the now 27-year-old guilty on all counts related to the attack in which he killed 12 people and wounded 70. The panel of nine women and three men must now decide whether the former neuroscience graduate student will be executed or serve life with no parole.

I heard they are showing photos and home movies of Holmes from the day of birth to his various happy times with his family as a boy. So of course he should live...he was a happy boy.  :chairbang:

Offline flowers

Re: Father of Colorado movie gunman pleads with jury for his life
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 05:07:53 pm »
I am sure he was a happy boy when he was standing in that dark theater murdering and maiming all his victims as he listened to his I-pod with his favorite music so he wouldn't hear the screams. A real happy boy.  :chairbang:

Offline mountaineer

Re: Father of Colorado movie gunman pleads with jury for his life
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 01:12:07 am »
Blahblahblah. I certainly hope the jury isn't swayed by baby pictures and the like.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org