Author Topic: Poll: Trump surges to biggest lead in New Hampshire, popular with independents, no McCain damage... By Byron York  (Read 4002 times)

Offline flowers

It is very refreshing to see Trump not back down. I am enjoying it. Having said that I fear he is going to run as a Independent, thus as Relic posted a Ross Perot situation.

Offline GourmetDan

This Trump thing is weird. Aces are wild. Your guess is as good as any. Will he implode or will he go. all. the. way. I think everyone is merely guessing, and whatever side you come down on is based on your own political bias.

It reminds me so much of the Perot-era. 

Wealthy, straight-talking, call-out the media 'candidate' with a populist message appears and draws strong numbers.  Democrat candidate sucks in single-digit until Democrat Convention.  'Candidate' then bows out saying "It looks like the major parties (Democrat) have listened to the people.  Democrat candidate instantly vaults to the lead.  GOP candidate runs terrible campaign but still chips away at Democrat lead.  With a month to go, 'candidate' declares the parties are not listening after all and jumps back in pulling more support from GOP candidate.  Democrat win with minority support.  Repeat 'candidacy' 4 years later to ensure Democrat wins second-term with minority support again.

That is when I realized that politics is 'managed' for a particular outcome...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

It is very refreshing to see Trump not back down. I am enjoying it. Having said that I fear he is going to run as a Independent, thus as Relic posted a Ross Perot situation.

Yeah, we all enjoy that because it reflects popular attitudes toward government and the media.  No politician does that and it attracts support but that's the 'hook'.

We forget that it is attached to a 'line' that comes with a 'sinker'.

I still think that 'politics' is managed for a particular outcome...

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:57:24 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline MBB1984

Trump running as an independent will not have much large appeal unless the GOP nominates an amnesty candidate, such as Bush or Rubio.  A Conservative candidate can simply repeat Trump's rhetoric and sound more convincing on all of the other Conservative issues.  But, if the GOP nominates an amnesty nominee, a Trump third party candidacy could probably outpoll the GOP nominee.

bkepley

Trump running as an independent will not have much large appeal unless the GOP nominates an amnesty candidate, such as Bush or Rubio.  A Conservative candidate can simply repeat Trump's rhetoric and sound more convincing on all of the other Conservative issues.  But, if the GOP nominates an amnesty nominee, a Trump third party candidacy could probably outpoll the GOP nominee.

Well that makes no sense because Trump is an amnesty candidate:
http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/259589/donald-trump-endorses-amnesty-illegal-aliens-daniel-greenfield

Offline GourmetDan

Trump’s CFO is Allen Weisselberg and his legal counsel is Michael Cohen.

His daughter Ivanka married into the Kushner family in New Jersey.

Who do you think runs Donald Trump?

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:22:05 pm by GourmetDan »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Trump’s CFO is Allen Weisselberg and his legal counsel is Michael Cohen.

His daughter Ivanka married into the Kushner family in New Jersey.

Who do you think runs Donald Trump?

Aw geez....not this sh*t again!     :thud:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

That is when I realized that politics is 'managed' for a particular outcome...

Anyone who cannot see that at this point is truly blind. I used to think otherwise. Now I know the fix is in.

Offline DCPatriot

Anyone who cannot see that at this point is truly blind. I used to think otherwise. Now I know the fix is in.

It's the media complex that is managed.  Not "politics". 

Perhaps the number of people that agree with one's political slant is much smaller in reality. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:36:20 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

Kushner family in New Jersey
  Who are they?

Offline DCPatriot

Who are they?

Not "Who"...but what.

They're Jewish.   :whistle:

It's sad.  Trump is everything Obama and Hillary are not.  He is the pro-business, anti-Left candidate.  That should be good enough today.

Offline flowers

It's the media complex that is managed.  Not "politics". 

Perhaps the number of people that agree with one's political slant is much smaller in reality.
With all the people his regime in letting flow into this country daily PLUS them going after the some voting laws to make anyone able to vote is one reason why I say the fix is in.

Offline flowers

Not "Who"...but what.

They're Jewish.   :whistle:

It's sad.  Trump is everything Obama and Hillary are not.  He is the pro-business, anti-Left candidate.  That should be good enough today.
;)

Offline GourmetDan

Actually, Chelsea married Mark Mezinsky.  Google is your friend...

Offline GourmetDan

Aw geez....not this sh*t again!     

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Offline MBB1984

Well that makes no sense because Trump is an amnesty candidate:
http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/259589/donald-trump-endorses-amnesty-illegal-aliens-daniel-greenfield

Trump's amnesty is much more palatable than Bush's which generally translates to no deportations at all combined with weak border security.

bkepley

Trump's amnesty is much more palatable than Bush's which generally translates to no deportations at all combined with weak border security.

If any other Republican, possibly save Cruz, had said what Trump has said he/she would be attacked as pro-amnesty by all the "NO AMNESTY EVER THEY ARE ALL CRIMINALS" types.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

If I remember correctly, I believe that Barry's amnesty would grant amnesty to 87% of illegals that are here.  Granted according to the article you referenced Trump doesn't lay out "exacts" but he does speak of mass deportation.

As for Bush his stance on immigration has even changed since 2009 in which he actually favored deportation then a few years later changed his mind.  He also stated that people come here illegally because there is no legal means to come AND perhaps my most favorite line of Jeb regarding immigrants ... Immigrants are more fertile!  He also supports the DREAM Act just not through executive action.

IMHO Jeb is a Bozo.  Oh, did I mention, that he is an "honorary" Cuban? 

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Jeb_Bush_Immigration.htm
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
If I remember correctly, I believe that Barry's amnesty would grant amnesty to 87% of illegals that are here.  Granted according to the article you referenced Trump doesn't lay out "exacts" but he does speak of mass deportation.

As for Bush his stance on immigration has even changed since 2009 in which he actually favored deportation then a few years later changed his mind.  He also stated that people come here illegally because there is no legal means to come AND perhaps my most favorite line of Jeb regarding immigrants ... Immigrants are more fertile!  He also supports the DREAM Act just not through executive action.

IMHO Jeb is a Bozo.  Oh, did I mention, that he is an "honorary" Cuban?

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Jeb_Bush_Immigration.htm

And what's your bleep problem with that?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot