Author Topic: Senate smackdown: Ted Cruz, Mike Lee efforts squelched by leaders  (Read 4792 times)

Offline Longiron

Re: Senate smackdown: Ted Cruz, Mike Lee efforts squelched by leaders
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 12:11:34 pm »
And the Washington Cartel wins again. But it won't go on forever! The American people have had a GUT FULL!

I believe you are right. About time! However, they are not just going to go away it but will have to be FORCED to go. :patriot:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2015, 12:13:40 pm »
Cruz knew ahead of time this would fail. How does he expect to convince American voters beyond his 5% when he cannot convince his fellow colleagues?

Bottom line: It is fine to him, to negatively impact Boeing, but he would not dare doing the equivalent over fracking or the oil business in general, such as limiting or eliminating the oil depletion tax allowance, for instance.

E.G. corporate welfare, JUST like Exim Corporate welfare. Hypocrite, and an ineffective one at that. His wife's employer Goldman Sachs is about as "Washington Cartel" as one can get.
They will need to be forced to go , bigun

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2015, 12:20:44 pm »
Third parties are the opiate of the disaffected.

Teddy Roosevelt was a far more popular, far more effective leader, than Donald Trump could ever hope to be, and he essentially managed to ensure that Wilson was elected in 1912 by splitting the republican vote with Taft - even though TR got more votes than Taft did (27% to Taft's 23%).

If Teddy Roosevelt couldn't do it in 1912, when the world was but 2 short years away from World War I - a far worse time than the time we live in - then Donald Trump has no hope, other than splitting the republican/conservative vote and thus giving the election to Hillary - or whatever other criminal the democrat party nominates.

Great example
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2015, 12:31:27 pm »
Third parties are the opiate of the disaffected.

Teddy Roosevelt was a far more popular, far more effective leader, than Donald Trump could ever hope to be, and he essentially managed to ensure that Wilson was elected in 1912 by splitting the republican vote with Taft - even though TR got more votes than Taft did (27% to Taft's 23%).

If Teddy Roosevelt couldn't do it in 1912, when the world was but 2 short years away from World War I - a far worse time than the time we live in - then Donald Trump has no hope, other than splitting the republican/conservative vote and thus giving the election to Hillary - or whatever other criminal the democrat party nominates.
And yet Wilson was still re-elected in 1916 without Teddy's help. The only thing that stopped that man was a massive stroke.

Look, at the rate we're going, the GOP is going to be, quite frankly, irrelevant as a national power within a couple of decades. Eventually the discussion is going to have to take place as to how conservatives are going to reorganize, how we're going to break certain demographics from the Democratic hegemony without sacrificing the things we need to do to make this country great again.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 12:39:32 pm »
I believe you are right. About time! However, they are not just going to go away it but will have to be FORCED to go. :patriot:

Not sure what that means, but there are 34 senate seats up for election and 24 of them are Republican.  And of course there are 435 House seats up.  Additionally there may be a couple of special elections.  This is the big chance for America to follow you and make the big change you and a few others here are looking for, as they did in 2010.  But then in 2014 the tea party candidates didn't do so well in the primaries.

So how do posters here propose to take back our government and as you say Longiron, FORCE the established politicians out? 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 12:45:05 pm »
Not sure what that means, but there are 34 senate seats up for election and 24 of them are Republican.  And of course there are 435 House seats up.  Additionally there may be a couple of special elections.  This is the big chance for America to follow you and make the big change you and a few others here are looking for, as they did in 2010.  But then in 2014 the tea party candidates didn't do so well in the primaries.

So how do posters here propose to take back our government and as you say Longiron, FORCE the established politicians out?

The only Congressional seat I will get to vote on in 2016 is for the seat currently held by Kevin Brady whom I have long supported but it's time for him to go! He has a very formidable opponent who just retired from the Army as a Lt. Colonel after 27 years who will get my vote this time around.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2015, 12:59:19 pm »
The only Congressional seat I will get to vote on in 2016 is for the seat currently held by Kevin Brady whom I have long supported but it's time for him to go! He has a very formidable opponent who just retired from the Army as a Lt. Colonel after 27 years who will get my vote this time around.

Brady is a member of the Republican Study Committee which is the conservative caucus in the Congress.  Will your new candidate be as conservative?  Anyway, with all those seats up, if the right wing doesn't win a majority or supermajority what then?  People in 2014 were just as unhappy yet moved away from the TP.  Is it possible that as angry as people are at Congress, they aren't looking as far right for answers as some here believe?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2015, 01:08:27 pm »
Brady is a member of the Republican Study Committee which is the conservative caucus in the Congress.  Will your new candidate be as conservative?  Anyway, with all those seats up, if the right wing doesn't win a majority or supermajority what then?  People in 2014 were just as unhappy yet moved away from the TP.  Is it possible that as angry as people are at Congress, they aren't looking as far right for answers as some here believe?

I have known Kevin Brady for a LONG time. since he was working for the Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce before he was first elected to the Texas House,  he is really good at figuring out what you want to hear and agreeing with you in public to the point of putting his name on legislation that you support but when he get's to Washington it's quite another matter He has become nothing more than a John Boehner butt boy interested only in accumulating prime committee positions for himself.  I've had enough of that kind of "representation".
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2015, 01:51:26 pm »
I have known Kevin Brady for a LONG time. since he was working for the Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce before he was first elected to the Texas House,  he is really good at figuring out what you want to hear and agreeing with you in public to the point of putting his name on legislation that you support but when he get's to Washington it's quite another matter He has become nothing more than a John Boehner butt boy interested only in accumulating prime committee positions for himself.  I've had enough of that kind of "representation".

Nice that we get to vote for our representatives every two years.  Good luck with your new guy. 

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2015, 02:05:03 pm »
The last midterm election went to the Republicans, as the electorate realized it was the only last hope - although most of us realized it was a desperate attempt that would likely not produce any change.  Many of us were excoriated at the time for saying that. 

I can easily go back to 2006, when many conservatives were getting fed up with George W. Bush's lack of fighting back and his increasing desire to give in to amnesty.  When John McCain became the GOP nominee (already decided before my state even had it's primary) - many, many Republicans were incredulous - and many were saying they wouldn't support him.  At that time, those conservatives were told that this was the most vital election of our time - that it was essential that we voted Republican party.  Of course, he lost - because he was one of the worst candidates one could imagine, after Bob Dole....and I can't even remember the other guys now. 

It was the same with Romney.  The GOP keeps advancing the moderate candidate that refuses to fight the other side.  Many conservatives that really just wanted to ditch the Republicans and start their own party kept holding off - realizing that such an effort would take a very long time to gain strength - and that things had become so dire that we didn't have that kind of time left.

I've often wondered where we would be right now, if we had gotten smart and started that rogue party back in 2006, nine years ago.  If we had been savvy enough to pull it off.  A long shot - but we would have been nine years ahead of the game by now. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2015, 03:26:56 pm »
The last midterm election went to the Republicans, as the electorate realized it was the only last hope - although most of us realized it was a desperate attempt that would likely not produce any change.  Many of us were excoriated at the time for saying that. 

I can easily go back to 2006, when many conservatives were getting fed up with George W. Bush's lack of fighting back and his increasing desire to give in to amnesty.  When John McCain became the GOP nominee (already decided before my state even had it's primary) - many, many Republicans were incredulous - and many were saying they wouldn't support him.  At that time, those conservatives were told that this was the most vital election of our time - that it was essential that we voted Republican party.  Of course, he lost - because he was one of the worst candidates one could imagine, after Bob Dole....and I can't even remember the other guys now. 

It was the same with Romney.  The GOP keeps advancing the moderate candidate that refuses to fight the other side.  Many conservatives that really just wanted to ditch the Republicans and start their own party kept holding off - realizing that such an effort would take a very long time to gain strength - and that things had become so dire that we didn't have that kind of time left.

I've often wondered where we would be right now, if we had gotten smart and started that rogue party back in 2006, nine years ago.  If we had been savvy enough to pull it off.  A long shot - but we would have been nine years ahead of the game by now.

Yes the last election went to the Republicans yet the right wing tea parties took a major hit.  So the Republican voters were anything but united in RW goals.  In 2006 most Americans wanted comprehensive immigration reform and sided with W on that issue.  They continue to want it, and like it or not, that includes various types of legalization for some already here.

I do agree that neither McCain nor Romney fought like they should or could have.  Nonetheless, that doesn't mean they should have taken some of the RW positions.

In 2006 as today, many "rogue" parties exist.  Why start one?  What's wrong with the American Constitution Party.  It already exists and seems to meet the needs of many on the right wing of the GOP.  I simply don't understand why people keep talking about starting a 3d party when so many are already up and running.