Author Topic: WaPo: Clinton Turns to Non-White Votes as Popularity Dips  (Read 470 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=659018

Newsmax
WaPo: Clinton Turns to Non-White Votes as Popularity Dips
Monday, July 27, 2015 08:17 AM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

Hillary Clinton's net favorability, especially in key swing states, has dipped lower than at any time over the past 10 years, showing she may need to attract even more of the non-white vote in the 2016 race than may have been initially expected.

The former secretary of state's poll numbers remain high among Democrats, reports The Washington Post, but according to a NBC/Marist poll released Sunday, Clinton's favorability rating is at negative 23 in Iowa and negative 20 in Iowa.

The numbers echo a Quinnipiac University poll showing her ratings being low in the key states.

Part of the issue is that the former senator's favorability is highest when she is not seeking office, but it dips when she is on the campaign trail, as shown in a CNN/ORC poll. The poll included a long-term look at Clinton's favorability ratings, showing similar trends in 2006 to today, The Post reports.

But overall in that poll, Clinton's net favorability was still negative, with 49 percent having an unfavorable view and 44 percent seeing her positively.

Still, her favorability ratings were much higher than those of current Republican front-runner Donald Trump, whose ratings were 59 percent unfavorable overall.

The Post, however, reports that according to the polls, Clinton's net favorability is at an all-time low. Republicans see her "very very" unfavorably, while she remains "very very" popular among Democrats.

There is apparently a wide split between white and non-white votes, though. Clinton has a 70 percent favorability rating nationally and a 50 percent rating among Democrats in Iowa and New Hampshire, and part of that may because of racial population.

According to the 2013 Census, Iowa is about 93 percent white and New Hampshire is 94 percent white. However, the United States is about 77.7 percent white, The Post notes, and Clinton's support is showing as being stronger in states that have lower white populations.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: WaPo: Clinton Turns to Non-White Votes as Popularity Dips
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 12:43:58 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=659018

The former secretary of state's poll numbers remain high among Democrats, reports The Washington Post, but according to a NBC/Marist poll released Sunday, Clinton's favorability rating is at negative 23 in Iowa and negative 20 in Iowa.

I suspect they meant to say Iowa and New Hampshire?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 01:23:33 pm »
I saw Hillary being asked a question during a campaign stop on television last night - it was a question about her private server emails - she looked at that reporter with what I can only describe as "crazy eyes".  Big wide eyes that seethed with anger.  A sane person could never vote for her after seeing that look!

The more you see of her, the less you like her.  There's no way that she's going to last out the race - this woman is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  I'm sticking to my prediction that the Democrat candidate will come out of nowhere just like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama did.  It won't be anyone that is currently running because they are all losers.

There's some smoky backroom huddling going on big time right now - to choose who their next "Messiah" is going to be.  My first pick is still Julian Castro.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 01:27:30 pm »
There's some smoky backroom huddling going on big time right now - to choose who their next "Messiah" is going to be.  My first pick is still Julian Castro.
Latecomers to the race almost never succeed (Rick Perry, Fred Thompson, Wesley Clark). Whoever it's going to be is going to have to get into the race very soon.

That won't stop the lobbyists from trying. Sanders, their best option, has to scare K Street like crazy. He's a left-wing loon, but an honest one, and those in the shadows don't like his kind.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:28:08 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024