Author Topic: Trump: RNC officials are being 'really nice’  (Read 304 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: RNC officials are being 'really nice’
« on: July 26, 2015, 03:18:11 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/249213-trump-rnc-officials-are-being-really-nice

By Sarah Ferris - 07/26/15 09:54 AM EDT

Billionaire businessman Donald Trump said Sunday that leaders of the Republican National Committee (RNC) are warming up to his campaign just days after he blasted the party leaders and threatening during an exclusive interview with The Hill to run as a third-party candidate.

“They’ve been really nice over the last few days, they’re starting to see what’s happening,” Trump said on CNN’s “State of the Union with Jake Tapper.”

“They viewed me as an outsider I guess, and now they’re starting to view me not as an outsider because I’m leading in all the polls,” Trump said, pointing to a CNN poll released Sunday that revealed strong support for his candidacy.

Trump’s comments show an abrupt turnaround in his relationship with Republican Party officials. In an exclusive interview with The Hill last week, he blasted the RNC for not being “supportive” and threatened to run as a third-party candidate. 

Earlier in his campaign, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus reportedly called Trump and asked him to tone down his rhetoric on immigration. RNC officials also released a public statement denouncing Trump's comments about Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

The business mogul hinted Sunday that his rocky relationship with the RNC is improving. He called the leaders of the committee, specifically Priebus, “terrific people.”

He also underscored the growing momentum of his campaign, which he said is “getting the biggest crowds” and the “biggest ovations” in rallies across the country.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34