Author Topic: DOJ to review Planned Parenthood videos  (Read 825 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DOJ to review Planned Parenthood videos
« on: July 22, 2015, 11:06:11 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/248868-doj-to-review-information-around-planned-parenthood-videos

By Peter Sullivan - 07/22/15 04:57 PM EDT

Attorney General Loretta Lynch said Wednesday her department is going to review all information surrounding the controversial videos of Planned Parenthood officials taken by an anti-abortion group.

“I’m aware of those matters generally from the media, and from some inquiries that have been made to the Department of Justice, and again at this point we’re going to review all the information and determine what steps, if any, to take at the appropriate time,” Lynch said when asked about the videos at a press conference.

Republican members of Congress have been calling on the DOJ to investigate whether Planned Parenthood is in violation of the law after the first video, showing members of the group discussing fetal tissue, surfaced.

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and ten other Republican senators sent a letter to the DOJ on Wednesday requesting an investigation. They say that Planned Parenthood could have violated laws that ban profiting off the sale of fetal organs.

Planned Parenthood says it follows the law and strongly denies those claims.

The letter also states that the group could have violated a law that bans altering the abortion procedure in order to obtain fetal tissue.

Two GOP-led committees, both in the House, launched investigations into the organization after the first video was released last week.

A video released last week featured a top medical doctor from Planned Parenthood candidly discussing the process of preserving fetal organs such as livers, lungs and “intact” hearts for research.

A second video, released Tuesday, shows Dr. Mary Gatter, a Planned Parenthood official, apparently negotiating the price of selling fetal tissue for medical research.

The Center for Medical Progress, which produced the videos, claims that it shows Planned Parenthood illegally profiting off the sale of fetal organs.

Planned Parenthood has fired back that the videos are heavily edited and that the officials in the videos are looking for compensation for expenses, not profit.

Democrats on Wednesday called on the Justice Department to investigate whether the group which recorded the videos had violated any laws.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: DOJ to review Planned Parenthood videos
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 11:09:53 pm »
But of course!

This must be investigated to the fullest.  But the air tight case against two black panthers standing in front of a Philadelphia polling place with batons will be dropped completely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Paladin

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 12:29:31 am »
Oh, boy. This is great. The Obama/Lynch DOJ is finally going to take a serious look at the questionable practices of PP. Now we are getting somewhere.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 12:31:54 am »
This White House will NEVER allow these butchers to be prosecuted, no matter what they did.  One can only hope that PP can be defunded, at least partially.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 12:35:39 am »
Oh, boy. This is great. The Obama/Lynch DOJ is finally going to take a serious look at the questionable practices of PP. Now we are getting somewhere.

Uh NO! They are going to tak a look at the people who made the videos NOT PP!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 12:44:41 am »

They will end up in the cell next to holders... :)

Offline Paladin

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 12:54:24 am »
Uh NO! They are going to tak a look at the people who made the videos NOT PP!

Uh, BigUn, I take it sarcasm is not your strong point. See the little man and what it must mean?:
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 01:02:35 am »
Uh, BigUn, I take it sarcasm is not your strong point. See the little man and what it must mean?:

OK! Little slow on the uptake this evening I guess!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 02:27:13 am »
Democrats on Wednesday called on the Justice Department to investigate whether the group which recorded the videos had violated any laws.

Of course!

Dismembering and eviscerating innocent babies for profit........... no big deal.

Making videos of people exposing their butchery.......... prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

The world has gone completely mad.

Stop it.  I want to get off......
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:27:34 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 10:01:58 am »

Undercover Videomaker: 'Even Worse' Planned Parenthood Videos Coming

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:48 PM

By: Greg Richter

Center for Medical Progress founder David Daleiden says his group has hundreds or thousands of hours of undercover video of abortion providers that will be released in the coming weeks and months, and that some of it is "even worse" than the two videos already aired to the public.

Shot over the past two-and-a-half years, the group has "dozens upon dozens" of hours of "the really, really shocking compelling stuff," Daleiden told Fox News Channel's "Hannity" on Wednesday.

The first two videos, released last week and this week, show two high-ranking Planned Parenthood officials who also perform abortions themselves. The videos are shot over meals at restaurants and depict the officials negotiating the price charged for fetal tissue parts intended for research.

The law allows only for clinics to charge the amount of money it costs them to transport to the tissue to research facilities and also does not allow for a change in procedure when an aborted fetus is intended to be donated. The videos show that the method of abortion is changed in some instances to preserve specimens.

Planned Parenthood and its defenders say the videos are heavily edited to portray the conversations in a false light, but Daleiden notes that the unedited versions of the videos are included on The Center for Medical Progress' YouTube page so people can judge for themselves.

"Frankly, there's information in there that we have to leave out for time reasons that I think just continues to confirm our case," he said.

His group shot the videos, Daleiden said, because Planned Parenthood has been harvesting and selling the body parts from abortions for decades and hasn't been held accountable.

"This is something that is offensive to the American public. It's offensive to us as human beings," he said. "It violates human dignity."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/planned-parenthood-undercover-videos/2015/07/22/id/658496/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 10:02:26 am by rangerrebew »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 01:17:01 am »
[[ “I’m aware of those matters generally from the media, and from some inquiries that have been made to the Department of Justice, and again at this point we’re going to review all the information and determine what steps, if any, to take at the appropriate time,” Lynch said when asked about the videos at a press conference. ]]

At the "appropriate time" the only "steps taken" by Lynch-'em will be against the people who MADE the videos.

Planned Parenthood -- well, they're golden...
In fact, I got word they'll be appointing this guy as their next director:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:20:59 am by Fishrrman »