Author Topic: Trump’s success annoys GOP  (Read 4723 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Trump’s success annoys GOP
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2015, 01:52:41 pm »
They are the EXACT words of the headline of the article I linked to. Not mine! And nowhere does that article say that the Republicans are responsible for the current state of affairs.  Only you and Josh Earnest are selling that line!

So when you put that in 24 point type, you didn't agree with it?  If the Republicans have refused for ten years to work out comprehensive immigration reform and have multiple times turned down the very border security and enforcement tools they're calling for, of course they are partly responsible for the current state of affairs.  I think most people will understand that, if some of our candidates can get past the bloviating prattle with all the substance of last election's bumper stickers.

And why do you have to keep comparing me to Josh Earnest?  Apparently you watch him a lot more than I do.  Does that somehow give you a warm feeling that you're right...that the Republicans aren't at least partly to blame for what we have today?  When you refuse to address an issue when in power, or you refuse to participate in crafting legislation that directly addresses these concerns, by any logic you're at least partly responsible.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2015, 01:58:55 pm »
So when you put that in 24 point type, you didn't agree with it?  If the Republicans have refused for ten years to work out comprehensive immigration reform and have multiple times turned down the very border security and enforcement tools they're calling for, of course they are partly responsible for the current state of affairs.  I think most people will understand that, if some of our candidates can get past the bloviating prattle with all the substance of last election's bumper stickers.

And why do you have to keep comparing me to Josh Earnest?  Apparently you watch him a lot more than I do.  Does that somehow give you a warm feeling that you're right...that the Republicans aren't at least partly to blame for what we have today?  When you refuse to address an issue when in power, or you refuse to participate in crafting legislation that directly addresses these concerns, by any logic you're at least partly responsible.

That's all he's got.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2015, 02:21:22 pm »

The article I posted with a link was to Josh Earnest saying the exact same things you've been saying here for many months now! That's why!

Keep repeating those Democrat talking points! That'll help!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:23:13 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2015, 02:35:26 pm »
The article I posted with a link was to Josh Earnest saying the exact same things you've been saying here for many months now! That's why!

History are not Democrat talking points.

To sit here and out of one side of your mouth blame Republicans for everything that you blame Republicans for, and out of the other side claim that Republicans have absolutely no blame in the government's inability to pass any level of comprehensive immigration reform is absurd.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2015, 02:38:59 pm »
History are not Democrat talking points.

To sit here and out of one side of your mouth blame Republicans for everything that you blame Republicans for, and out of the other side claim that Republicans have absolutely no blame in the government's inability to pass any level of comprehensive immigration reform is absurd.

If you think I blame republicans for not falling for the old bait and switch game yet again you couldn't be more wrong! I don't blame them for that I commend them!

NO AMNESTY ! Period!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:40:43 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2015, 03:32:28 pm »

Oh please dear swami, tell me what to say.  :0001:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2015, 04:17:05 pm »
Why would we want to grant amnesty to those that have broken the law?  Quite frankly I still like the idea of mass deportation, erecting a sustainable secure fence, enforcing existing immigration laws and if that doesn't work, drones and landmines.

Sure beats the hell out of sanctuary cities and American citizens being killed by an illegal that has been deported numerous times.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 04:18:51 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

bkepley

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2015, 04:28:32 pm »
Why would we want to grant amnesty to those that have broken the law?  Quite frankly I still like the idea of mass deportation, erecting a sustainable secure fence, enforcing existing immigration laws and if that doesn't work, drones and landmines.

Sure beats the hell out of sanctuary cities and American citizens being killed by an illegal that has been deported numerous times.
Landmines is absurd.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2015, 05:18:56 pm »
If you think I blame republicans for not falling for the old bait and switch game yet again you couldn't be more wrong! I don't blame them for that I commend them!

NO AMNESTY ! Period!

Well they've certainly done a great job.  We're so much better off today than we were ten years ago.   :thud:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2015, 05:28:06 pm »

With any reasonable comprehensive immigration legislation the sanctuary cities would disappear, and ICE would be forced to get rid of illegals who have been arrested for any type of felony.  The anti-immigration crowd lives by the term "amnesty", but good legislation wouldn't involve amnesty.  It would involve background checks for criminal history, fines and penalties, taxes,  and getting in the back of the line.  It would also involve no welfare during the period of waiting in line.  Several other requirements could also be part of that legislation.  It would be no more of an amnesty than any criminal or civil case in the US being plea-bargained.  If all of that was agreed to as well as the desire of most Americans for stronger border security, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2015, 05:57:22 pm »
Landmines is absurd.

For certain Republicans and/or conservatives, it is part of their "Hispanic voter outreach program," which constitutes their view of public relations, etc.

My cousin-in-law, Steven Fernandez, son of a career Air Force veteran, stated to me he was disappointed as a conservative Catholic to hear SOME Republicans disrespect him due to his surname, and the assumption he was an illegal immigrant.

He states his father's family dates to the early 1800s when California was a Spanish colony.

So reference to landmines is what Sen. Graham has in mind, when he states that Trump is like a wrecking ball for Republican chances.

But the dummkopf's shooting off their crazed mouths cannot or will not hear.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2015, 05:58:18 pm »
With any reasonable comprehensive immigration legislation the sanctuary cities would disappear, and ICE would be forced to get rid of illegals who have been arrested for any type of felony.  The anti-immigration crowd lives by the term "amnesty", but good legislation wouldn't involve amnesty.  It would involve background checks for criminal history, fines and penalties, taxes,  and getting in the back of the line.  It would also involve no welfare during the period of waiting in line.  Several other requirements could also be part of that legislation.  It would be no more of an amnesty than any criminal or civil case in the US being plea-bargained.  If all of that was agreed to as well as the desire of most Americans for stronger border security, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Really??? 

What exactly makes you think that this administration would enforce a new law any better than the are enforcing CURRENT law?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2015, 06:13:34 pm »
They have majorities and the house passes some good things but it's a futile effort and everyone knows it because they don't have a veto-proof majority.  Then there is (or was) Reid who would put a halt to everything and nobody but the right would end up happy about it and would blame both sides.  This is just the way it is in divided government.  They can't make many changes but neither can Obama except by executive order.

There's always an excuse with these people and those who support them. 
Want to know why Trump is surging?  Because people have seen the man behind the curtain.  At lease he's not reaching into their pockets while screwing them.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2015, 06:16:40 pm »
The thing is Luis the angry right doesn't want to hear, consider or involve themselves in any direct responsibility.

They just want to shout out "fight harder," as if that attitude will magically translate into the necessary votes from the democrats in Congress.

An illustration is seen in the current support for and fascination with Trump. He's putting on an entertaining show, of "fighting harder," however no results are on the horizon.

Perhaps the "fight harder" crowd are simply tired of the politcally retarded living the high life on our dime.

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2015, 06:17:55 pm »
Elections have consequences.

Vote GOP people, anything else and we'll be having this exact same conversation for the next 9 years.

Oh, you mean like from 2000-2006 when the GOP couldn't bleep up enough?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2015, 06:22:40 pm »
Really??? 

What exactly makes you think that this administration would enforce a new law any better than the are enforcing CURRENT law?

At this point in time, nothing.  But recall Obama didn't jump into this single-handed de-facto amnesty until the GOP had walked away from the table for the umpteenth time, and after the Senate overwhelmingly passed comprehensive immigration reform in 2013, but the GOP House refused to take it up.

One can be happy we don't have any immigration reform, but then don't bellyache when Obama steps into the void created.  Anyway it's exactly the way most posters here expect a Trump to act as president.

bkepley

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2015, 06:28:36 pm »
There's always an excuse with these people and those who support them. 
Want to know why Trump is surging?  Because people have seen the man behind the curtain.  At lease he's not reaching into their pockets while screwing them.

Face facts, we haven't had a solid right-wing President in a long time if ever.  Find one who is capable of getting elected.  All the bitching and whining isn't going to change a thing.