Author Topic: Trump’s success annoys GOP  (Read 4724 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Trump’s success annoys GOP
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 08:49:04 pm »
Elections have consequences.

Vote GOP people, anything else and we'll be having this exact same conversation for the next 9 years.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

bkepley

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 08:52:26 pm »
Elections have consequences.

Vote GOP people, anything else and we'll be having this exact same conversation for the next 9 years.

Yes and despite all this outrage displayed around here the people voted for Obama twice.  Maybe Trump can wake people up but it doesn't look like it to me when you poll the whole electorate about Trump vs. Hillary.  Looks to me like Hillary would clobber him.  Until those numbers change (oer something similar) I wouldn't assume radical moves in congress would get a great deal of support.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 08:54:55 pm »
Yes and despite all this outrage displayed around here the people voted for Obama twice.  Maybe Trump can wake people up but it doesn't look like it to me when you poll the whole electorate about Trump vs. Hillary.  Looks to me like Hillary would clobber him.  Until those numbers change (oer something similar) I wouldn't assume radical moves in congress would get a great deal of support.

Sixty percent of the people say that they will not vote for Trump.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 09:00:18 pm »
Shut down the government.

That worked out so well the last time.

It worked out one hell of a lot better the some propagandists would have you believe! Republicans won BIG twice after that happened!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2015, 09:35:07 pm »
Absolutely correct.  For ten years the people have wanted comprehensive immigration reform, yet the Republicans continue to hinder it, bowing to a small group on the right who don't care what the people want.  Thus we are where we are and the left is in charge of immigration.   :shrug:

Does Josh work for you or you for him?

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/07/22/wh-spox-gop-has-no-one-to-blame-but-themselves-for-illegal-immigrant-crime/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Either way you are both singing off the same sheet of music!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 12:22:36 am »
Does Josh work for you or you for him?

:facepalm2:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/07/22/wh-spox-gop-has-no-one-to-blame-but-themselves-for-illegal-immigrant-crime/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Either way you are both singing off the same sheet of music!

Yeah, we are so much better off today since the far right wing ensured we couldn't put any effort into better border security, stronger employer sanctions and substantial improvements in the immigration laws.  Great job!  Another ten years and we'll really be in good shape. But as you say, the GOP is responsible for all this...
[/quote]
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 12:37:34 am »
:facepalm2:

Yeah, we are so much better off today since the far right wing ensured we couldn't put any effort into better border security, stronger employer sanctions and substantial improvements in the immigration laws.  Great job!  Another ten years and we'll really be in good shape. But as you say, the GOP is responsible for all this...

That would be YOU and Josh Earnest saying that! Not me!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Paladin

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 12:49:39 am »
Everyone on this thread needs to chill out a tad. Perhaps a good laugh is in order. This ought do the trick:

The full 2012 Republican Platform
https://cdn.gop.com/docs/2012GOPPlatform.pdf
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 01:14:15 am »
That would be YOU and Josh Earnest saying that! Not me!

Well, you did say it.   :silly:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 01:37:19 am »
It appears Trump's success is annoying members of TBR too!    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Paladin

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 01:57:24 am »
It appears Trump's success is annoying members of TBR too!

Ain't that the truth!
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2015, 02:06:54 am »

...and it's only July of 2015....wait until the primaries..lol :chairbang:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2015, 02:20:34 am »
...and it's only July of 2015....wait until the primaries..lol :chairbang:

The difference is that those here who don't see Trump as the great savior of the Party would to a person vote for him should he be the nominee.  OTOH, some (at least) here who see him as the Second Coming are on record as sworn to never vote for any so-called RINO... :laugh:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 02:25:52 am »
Well, you did say it.   :silly:

Not true! And you know it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 02:33:05 am »
The difference is that those here who don't see Trump as the great savior of the Party would to a person vote for him should he be the nominee.  OTOH, some (at least) here who see him as the Second Coming are on record as sworn to never vote for any so-called RINO... :laugh:

Very interesting comment Mac....and the RINO comment sticks out....I can only speak for myself as a conservative...I like most of what he is saying[sans McCain comments] and I am looking forward to what he says at the border tomorrow...as far as voting for him..I will if he is the nominee but I will have a hard time in the primaries...I still , as of now, like Walker and  Carly
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline evadR

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 02:36:13 am »
So the GOP should just lie down and give the bastard anything he wants because we don't have "a veto proof majority"?

I would get around that by using the tools we were given in the Constitution such as the power of the purse! Obama can't legally spend one red cent that the CONGRESS has not appropriated!
:amen:
It's the only way to fight a rogue president.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2015, 02:57:16 am »
Very interesting comment Mac....and the RINO comment sticks out....I can only speak for myself as a conservative...I like most of what he is saying[sans McCain comments] and I am looking forward to what he says at the border tomorrow...as far as voting for him..I will if he is the nominee but I will have a hard time in the primaries...I still , as of now, like Walker and  Carly

I like Walker too.  Carly is worth considering, but i'm sure she's in it for a VP pick.  I would like to like Perry too, but I'm not yet over cringing a little when he opens his mouth. 

I'll listen to Trump especially at the border, and definitely will watch the upcoming debate.  I just can't get over his political history and the support he's provided the opposition.  For the Primary, out of 16, for me he's no. 16...at this point.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2015, 03:23:51 am »

What Trump is saying is that there is a problem.

Lots of people are turned on by the fact that he's saying what they've been saying for years, and that's why all the support him.

He's not saying how that problem will be solved any more than anyone else is. He's gaining political power and a following by pointing out the problem and keeping the problem at the forefront of people's minds.

Pointing to the problem, saying "see, there is a problem" then blaming others that most people already don't like for the fact that the problem exists isn't leadership.

That's problem profiteering.

That's just Trump being Al Sharpton.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 03:26:23 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2015, 03:28:36 am »

Trump's not annoying me.

He's just the clown car act between the real circus headliners.

What annoys me is all the allegedly rational people who fail to see that Trump is Hillary's easiest ticket to a third Clinton inaugural party.

People need to get their heads out of their asses and figure that one out.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 03:30:53 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Paladin

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2015, 04:25:55 am »

Yeah, what she said.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2015, 11:47:37 am »
Trump's not annoying me.

He's just the clown car act between the real circus headliners.

What annoys me is all the allegedly rational people who fail to see that Trump is Hillary's easiest ticket to a third Clinton inaugural party.

People need to get their heads out of their asses and figure that one out.

Think I posted that 'theory' even before you did, Luis.  He's definitely capable of being a Trojan horse, but right now, he thinks he can WIN.

Trump is a moderate Democrat in the Scoop Jackson vein.  Which...in the end, I could live with....if he were to win.

I've been self-employed virtually my entire life, beginning with a newspaper route which I delivered while wearing my baseball uniform...stirrups and all.  So, I'm free-market capitalist through and through.  And that's what this country needs desperately.

And if at the same time, they drive a stake through the heart of Obamacare, the TRILLIONS of dollars sitting in corporate and small business vaults will be invested in creating more jobs, etc..

Right now, it's too early for anybody to get nasty over this.   I'd suggest some Orville Reddenbacher in a large bowl

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2015, 12:11:42 pm »
Not true! And you know it!

Well my friend, these are your exact words: 

Republicans Insist They're Tackling 'The People's Priorities,' But Illegal Immigration Is Not on the List

And you're absolutely correct.  Republicans have turned away from what the people want on immigration time and time again.  Just because Josh Earnest agrees with you doesn't make him wrong.  Once in a while I agree with you too.  :coffee:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2015, 12:34:14 pm »
Think I posted that 'theory' even before you did, Luis.  He's definitely capable of being a Trojan horse, but right now, he thinks he can WIN.

Trump is a moderate Democrat in the Scoop Jackson vein.  Which...in the end, I could live with....if he were to win.

I've been self-employed virtually my entire life, beginning with a newspaper route which I delivered while wearing my baseball uniform...stirrups and all.  So, I'm free-market capitalist through and through.  And that's what this country needs desperately.

And if at the same time, they drive a stake through the heart of Obamacare, the TRILLIONS of dollars sitting in corporate and small business vaults will be invested in creating more jobs, etc..

Right now, it's too early for anybody to get nasty over this.   I'd suggest some Orville Reddenbacher in a large bowl

Orville Reddenbacher works for me.   :pop41:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2015, 01:14:29 pm »
Well my friend, these are your exact words: 

And you're absolutely correct.  Republicans have turned away from what the people want on immigration time and time again.  Just because Josh Earnest agrees with you doesn't make him wrong.  Once in a while I agree with you too.  :coffee:

They are the EXACT words of the headline of the article I linked to. Not mine! And nowhere does that article say that the Republicans are responsible for the current state of affairs.  Only you and Josh Earnest are selling that line!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2015, 01:36:11 pm »

Trump is a lot of things. Stupid isn't one of them.

He sees his negative poll numbers and that 60% of Americans will not vote for him under any circumstance.

He sees that he polls the worst out of any GOP candidate against the presumed Democratic candidate.

Trump didn't get rich by risking resources on long-shot deals.

Trump is not in this to win.

He's in this to advance the Trump brand.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:37:10 pm by Luis Gonzalez »