Author Topic: No explanation by Obama on flags not lowered to half-staff for Chattanooga shootings..[update..will lower flag to half staff]  (Read 6698 times)

Offline musiclady

It wouldn't be their distractor of choice, but you work with what you got. Gay marriage is a hell of a distractor in the USA. So is racism.

Edit - and now I look slightly nuts, responding to a post that's no longer there.  :tongue2:

Thanks for including the quote, EC.

Your response was on the money.

Distractions.  BIG ones.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

There is little doubt that our guy is a Marxist with sympathies towards countries/regimes and cultures quite different than what was mainstream a decade ago.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
ALL "big deals" son......

I never said Barack Obama doesn't deserve criticism. He deserves a lot of it, but where on that list does this controversy rank?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:53:39 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline andy58-in-nh

Question for the forum. Not directed at ANY specific poster:

If we had an Iranian agent occupying the White House what would he have done any differently than what Obama has done?

He would have refused to golf at clubs that have Jews for members. Maybe.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He would have refused to golf at clubs that have Jews for members. Maybe.

Covered under "being slightly less obvious".
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

I never said Barack Obama doesn't deserve criticism. He deserves a lot of it, but where on that list does this controversy rank?

Way higher than you've figured out.

It's indicative of a much larger issue that you refuse to acknowledge.

He hates America and he hates our military.  The deaths of these marines and sailor mean absolutely zilch to him, and thus he had to be forced to show them any respect at all. 

That........... is a HUGE deal.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.