Author Topic: No explanation by Obama on flags not lowered to half-staff for Chattanooga shootings..[update..will lower flag to half staff]  (Read 6700 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I've read only a few of the posts so maybe I'm saying something that's already been mentioned, but here goes . . .

My problem with not lowering the flag is that the 0bama administration breaks their necks to make gestures to honor or acknowledge some people but not others, and the "others" in this case are more deserving than the ones they've made gestures for.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where 0bama's loyalties lie, and that's my problem with the flag flap.  Indeed, it's my problem with most of what he does.

He sends representatives to Michael Brown's funeral but not Kate Steinle's.  In fact, he hasn't as much as mentioned the Steinle case.  Trayvon Martin looked like he could be 0bama's son.  What about the military personnel gunned down in Chattanooga?  Oh, right.  A Muslim fanatic gunned them down, not a "white hispanic".

The administration found a way to bathe the White House in rainbow colors by sunset on the day of the homosexual marriage ruling (ok, I exaggerate) but couldn't be bothered to lower the flag in honor of people under his command.

word
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
With good reason!  :silly:

Yes, I'd like to think so. This is an internet forum, and in the end the posts here are mostly irrelevant to our lives and the bigger picture. I'm not going to concern myself with whether or not internet folks I'll never meet believe the things I say. If you want to believe I've lied about my beliefs and intentions that is of course your prerogative.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline ArneFufkin

I'm sorry if my opinions have offended anybody.

You're being willfully obtuse to be incapable of differentiating between armed soldiers being killed in theater or during training and five unarmed soldiers slaughtered by an American terrorist because of what they represent -  American honor and duty.

Offline Dexter

You're being willfully obtuse to be incapable of differentiating between armed soldiers being killed in theater or during training and five unarmed soldiers slaughtered by an American terrorist because of what they represent -  American honor and duty.

All soldiers that have ever been killed by terrorists were killed because of what they represent. Five soldiers being killed stateside is not more of a tragedy than 5 soldiers being killed in a war zone. The location of a soldier's death does not make it more or less of a tragedy. In both scenarios American patriots were killed by extremists; they are equally tragic.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 02:35:30 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline ArneFufkin

All soldiers that have ever been killed by terrorists were killed because of what they represent. Five soldiers being killed stateside is not more of a tragedy than 5 soldiers being killed in a war zone. The location of a soldier's death does not make it more or less of a tragedy. In both scenarios American patriots were killed by extremists; they are equally tragic.

The location DOES MATTER.   These were unarmed active duty servicemen killed in a shopping mall by a domestic terrorist.   

The disregard by this Administration in this case would not be as important if it wasn't a microcosm - a culmination - of Obama's amoral and nihilistic approach to right and wrong and American interests.   He called Trayvon Martin's parents, but not Katy Steinle's.   He hugged Bowe Berghdahl's parents, but will not step up and honor the unarmed servicemen/victims of Fort Hood, Little Rock and Chattanooga.   

It does matter because it informs us of how evil and dangerous this man and his regime are.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 02:45:50 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline musiclady

Go back and read Relic's comparison/analogy of a policeman killed in his own home vs. one on duty.

And then take some time and think about the difference.

Then maybe you'll begin to understand why that difference matters.

You're using a diversionary argument/strawman implying that anyone here is saying that both deaths aren't tragedies.  No one has even remotely implied that, and you're intelligent enough to know that.

But your use of an Obama-like argument and subsequent obtuseness to defend him is the reason why there is cause to believe you actually do support him.

(Besides the fact that you have actually defended his anti-military behavior on this very thread).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Truth be told I've never been very concerned about whether or not people believe what I say.

Truth be told, if you don't support Obama, you're a very poor communicator.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Now Obama has ordered the flags lowered, so it is only a matter of his delay.

Any lives lost, at home or overseas, should be laid at Obama's feet, for downgrading our capabilities since the enemy is merely the "JV," and his attention was on other things.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Now Obama has ordered the flags lowered, so it is only a matter of his delay.

Any lives lost, at home or overseas, should be laid at Obama's feet, for downgrading our capabilities since the enemy is merely the "JV," and his attention was on other things.

The salient point, truth_seeker.

His delay in lowering the flag is a symptom.  His hatred for America and love of militant Islam is the disease.

Offline truth_seeker

The salient point, truth_seeker.

His delay in lowering the flag is a symptom.  His hatred for America and love of militant Islam is the disease.

Tie everything bad about Obama, to Hillary since she is part and parcel of the same goals, methods, beliefs, etc.

Yesterday retiring General Ray Odierno spoke publicly and NEARLY blamed Obama.

GOP hopefuls ought to use Obama's word "degrade" to define what he would (try to) do, to ISIL's capabilities.

Instead he is degrading our capabilities.

Offline Dexter

Truth be told, if you don't support Obama, you're a very poor communicator.

I definitely don't hate Obama with the same intensity most of you do. I simply think he's a substandard president. I don't think he's evil or that he's actively trying to destroy America. Obama is a very smart man, and *gasp* I actually agree with some of what he says depending on the context. I think the GOP is making itself look foolish when it gets in an uproar about literally anything Obama does. Republicans would create controversy if they found out he uses bunny ears instead of loop swoop and pull when he ties his shoes. Many moderates and independents are turned off to the GOP because of that very reason. If you guys want the GOP to survive you need to pick your battles and stop making a big deal out of everything.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:49:37 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I definitely don't hate Obama with the same intensity most of you do. I simply think he's a substandard president. I don't think he's evil or that he's actively trying to destroy America. Obama is a very smart man, and *gasp* I actually agree with some of what he says depending on the context. I think the GOP is making itself look foolish when it gets in an uproar about literally anything Obama does. Republicans would create controversy if they found out he uses bunny ears instead of loop swoop and pull when he ties his shoes. Many moderates and independents are turned off to the GOP because of that very reason. If you guys want the GOP to survive you need to pick your battles and stop making a big deal out of everything.

You are even dumber than I first thought!  And I thought that to be impossible!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

Your posts are always so insightful and thought provoking.
-Socrates

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Your posts are always so insightful and thought provoking.

The ones directed at idiots for sure!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

The ones directed at idiots for sure!

Just from reading our posts you'd never know that I am younger than you are.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:10:06 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline truth_seeker

I think the GOP is making itself look foolish when it gets in an uproar about literally anything Obama does.
Many moderates and independents are turned off to the GOP because of that very reason.

If you guys want the GOP to survive you need to pick your battles and stop making a big deal out of everything.
Some worthwhile suggestions. Take three very important subjects where Obama has made big mistakes, and consistently stay on those.

vs. Shoot daily with scatter guns at anything and everything Obama does.

The difference is focus, priorities, etc.

Conservatives used to talk about how the dems had "daily talking points" which they did, and probably still do.

What are the daily GOP talking points? When id you last read about them on conservative forums or media?

Conservatism is not at the top of the game for informing, converting, persuading. Some examples of ineffective attitudes and performances shown in this thread, and continually here and other similar sites.

Offline Lando Lincoln

C'mon Bigun... I know you can frame an argument better than that regardless of how frustrated you may be.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
C'mon Bigun... I know you can frame an argument better than that regardless of how frustrated you may be.

Indeed I could IF I were the least bit interested in arguing with an idiot! I'm not!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

Indeed I could IF I were the least bit interested in arguing with an idiot! I'm not!

If I'm too stupid to be interesting you should just ignore me instead of polluting this thread with childish name calling.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:47:01 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bigun and Dexter...stop with the back and forth and  name calling...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Question for the forum. Not directed at ANY specific poster:

If we had an Iranian agent occupying the White House what would he have done any differently than what Obama has done?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
An actual Quds agent?

They'd have probably been slightly less obvious about things.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
An Iranian agent probably wouldn't support gay marriage.

It wouldn't be their distractor of choice, but you work with what you got. Gay marriage is a hell of a distractor in the USA. So is racism.

Edit - and now I look slightly nuts, responding to a post that's no longer there.  :tongue2:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:27:00 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
An actual Quds agent?

They'd have probably been slightly less obvious about things.

You are probably right!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Bunches more straw men in this paragraph.

Actually, destroying the Constitution IS a big deal.

As is destroying the reputation of the USA world wide with enemies and allies as well.

As is destroying the greatest healthcare system in the world

As is destroying the economy.

As is increasing the racial divide exponentially by his overt racism.

As is hating the military enough to try to destroy it, and disrespecting everyone in uniform.

As is standing strongly for the murder of partially born, or fully born infants.

As is putting every US citizen at risk because he supports Islam more than America.

And that's just for starters......

ALL "big deals" son......
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:51:15 pm by musiclady »