Author Topic: GOV. PERRY: DONALD TRUMP’S COMMENTS MAKE HIM UNFIT TO BE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF  (Read 14098 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

The right wing is a small minority of the overall electorate. The biggest chunk of the electorate is Independents, and they are mostly conservative on fiscal matters, and libertarian on social matters.

Hence on social matters the Independents are not aligned with GOP conservatives.

Most conservatives understand where we as a Country are today with regard to many social issues, and are not going to make them a major issue in the campaign.  Gay marriage is the law of the land.  Early stage abortions and abortions due to rape, incest or life of the mother at any time are here to stay.  Late term and partial birth abortions are not and most Americans agree with that.  But again, the presidential primary and general election will have much more to deal with than these state issues.

But the MSM will continue as it did yesterday to hammer away at GOP candidates to force them into defining their own personal beliefs on social issues.  The media (most of it) doesn't care a damn how the candidates will actually deal with spending, terrorism, immigration, government over-regulation.  They want red meat for their viewers. And they especially want to help with the circular firing squad by ensuring there's plenty of ammunition.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline kevindavis007

I want the toughest, meanest SOB I can get.
If that turns out to be bush, so be it.
If it is Trump, so be it.
But I will continue to push the party to grow a pair and put on their big boy pants.
We cannot continue to soft shoe everything and hope it goes away.

Sorry being mean doesn't win elections. Reagan wasn't mean and he still won
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline GourmetDan

He was kicking butt and taking names the first 100 days of his presidency... till they shot him...

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 04:44:08 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EdinVA

I beg to differ.
When Reagan wanted something done, it got done with or without O'Neil's help.
When Reagan wanted the soviets to tear down that wall, they did.

Not mean like I am going to knock your head off, mean like we are going to do this if I have to run over you, just like obama but conservative.

Offline olde north church

Conservatives aren't radicals.  What do you think they can do with Obama more confident of his position than ever.  Who are they afraid of, the American people who may just taking positions the RW isn't comfortable with?  What should they do?  Shut down the government till hell freezes over?  Obama wins that one.  Mine the borders?  Drop a nuke on Iran?  More Obama wins. 

Every year federal spending has been less than 2010, in real numbers not just growth reductions.  2010 was the last year the Dems held Congress. 

My suggestion is that voters send members and prospective members of the Republican Study Committee to office next year since that is the conservative wing of the Party.  I'm all for it.  My representative is Joe Wilson, a member of the Republican Study Committee.  Did calling Obama a liar make him a coward?

Perhaps it's time for Conservatives to radicalize.  I'm about pretty God damned tired of seeing "Black Lives Matter" "Code Pink" and "Yayforgays".  It is time to move mountain.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Ergo, the failed candidacy of Tom Tancredo.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I beg to differ.
When Reagan wanted something done, it got done with or without O'Neil's help.
When Reagan wanted the soviets to tear down that wall, they did.

Not mean like I am going to knock your head off, mean like we are going to do this if I have to run over you, just like obama but conservative.

Reagan won elections by being positive and optimistic, and by reminding people that we were all Americans and that was enough to solve all our problems and even the world's problems.

That is a message that NO RW candidate ever puts out.

Campaigning on the idea that everything is bad and everyone that is not aligned with your ideology is negative campaigning and does not win elections. 
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EdinVA

Reagan won elections by being positive and optimistic, and by reminding people that we were all Americans and that was enough to solve all our problems and even the world's problems.

That is a message that NO RW candidate ever puts out.

Campaigning on the idea that everything is bad and everyone that is not aligned with your ideology is negative campaigning and does not win elections.

That must be why McCain and Romney lost then, they were too negative.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

McCain lst because he wasn't suitable to the purists.

Romney lost because he was a Mormon.

People stayed home and didn't vote for them.

Obama however much it was all serious bullshit, put out a positive message.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

No. They weren't POSITIVE.

McCain - "The other guy is a decent guy" - well, that was just peachy, wasn't it. Got the Repub candidate saying the Dem candidate is OK so people think "Why not have a change. Obama sounds pretty good and we've had 8 years of the Repubs in the White House."

Romney - He attacked Obama with all the ferocity of a rotted noodle when it counted (the last 30 days). He also forgot Reagan's version of positivity - SHOWING the people of the USA that they were tough enough, strong enough and outright good enough to face any challenge.

Note- I'm not looking at issues or policy points for either of them. Romney was pretty damned good on Policy, but the average Joe simply doesn't care.  There are more than enough LIV's to go around - they are not all confined to the Left, by any stretch of the imagination.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline MACVSOG68

Perhaps it's time for Conservatives to radicalize.  I'm about pretty God damned tired of seeing "Black Lives Matter" "Code Pink" and "Yayforgays".  It is time to move mountain.

Interestingly there really were radicals in the Republican Party at one time back in the 1860s.  They were formally called the Radical Republicans.  But radical and conservative simply don't go together. 

In any case what exactly would you have the "radical" president do about "Black lives Matter", Code Pink and "yayforgays"? 

Interestingly there really were radicals in the Republican Party at one time back in the 1860s.  They were formally called the Radical Republicans.  But radical and conservative simply don't go together. 

In any case what exactly would you have the "radical" president do about "Black lives Matter", Code Pink and "yayforgays"?

The opposite of what they have been doing.  As in, "Oh, well, they are just misguided, we can teach them, blah-blah ..." and get on the offensive.  Maybe take a page or two out of the boyking's playbook.

Offline MACVSOG68

The opposite of what they have been doing.  As in, "Oh, well, they are just misguided, we can teach them, blah-blah ..." and get on the offensive.  Maybe take a page or two out of the boyking's playbook.

No seriously, what will you do about those three "issues"?  How would you get on the offensive with Code Pink and whatever the "yayforgays" thing is?  You're giving your candidate advice on what to say and do about those things.  What is the advice?

No seriously, what will you do about those three "issues"?  How would you get on the offensive with Code Pink and whatever the "yayforgays" thing is?  You're giving your candidate advice on what to say and do about those things.  What is the advice?

The only game is long range.  Second wedge issues.  Third, Hispanics and Asians.  They haven't sold out their souls yet.  The woman love abortion and Uncle Sugar's payment system.  Blacks are easily manipulated by shuck and jive talk.  Homosexuals are nothing more than loud and vicious.  The "Pink" Mafia needs to be faced back by people willing to be just as vicious.

Offline EdinVA

No. They weren't POSITIVE.

McCain - "The other guy is a decent guy" - well, that was just peachy, wasn't it. Got the Repub candidate saying the Dem candidate is OK so people think "Why not have a change. Obama sounds pretty good and we've had 8 years of the Repubs in the White House."

Romney - He attacked Obama with all the ferocity of a rotted noodle when it counted (the last 30 days). He also forgot Reagan's version of positivity - SHOWING the people of the USA that they were tough enough, strong enough and outright good enough to face any challenge.

Note- I'm not looking at issues or policy points for either of them. Romney was pretty damned good on Policy, but the average Joe simply doesn't care.  There are more than enough LIV's to go around - they are not all confined to the Left, by any stretch of the imagination.

I have to disagree that the average joe does not care about policy..... maybe their policy ideas are different than yours makes it appear that way.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
McCain is not a candidate for President, so even though you are completely wrong, wgaf?  Even Cruz says McCain is a war hero.  Senator McCain serves at the pleasure of voters of the state of AZ (5 times.)  I think the voters of AZ have read every distortion you have posted thus far and dismissed it as kookery.

from the author of McCain: The Myth of a Maverick http://www.amazon.com/McCain-Myth-Maverick-Matt-Welch/dp/B005MWR694/

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/la-oe-welch19-2008oct19-story.html
I don't like McCain either.  I don't like defending him, but look where Trump has taken you Bigun.  Obama is going to be replaced with a Republican in 15 months.  Instead of fighting with Hitlery Trump has taken on McCain.  A much smaller target wouldn't you agree?

I don't mean to be condescending but why are you taking his bait?  Is Trump your guy now because his blunder has unified the candidates who are running for the GOP nomination?

I'm afraid you are mistaken. Trump hasn't taken me anywhere.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
McCain lst because he wasn't suitable to the purists.

Romney lost because he was a Mormon.

People stayed home and didn't vote for them.

Obama however much it was all serious bullshit, put out a positive message.

McCain lost because he was a piss poor candidate.  We loose EVERY time when it's impossible for most folks to tell us from them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

The only game is long range.  Second wedge issues.  Third, Hispanics and Asians.  They haven't sold out their souls yet.  The woman love abortion and Uncle Sugar's payment system.  Blacks are easily manipulated by shuck and jive talk.  Homosexuals are nothing more than loud and vicious.  The "Pink" Mafia needs to be faced back by people willing to be just as vicious.

I'll ask again.  What will your ideal candidate say and do about all that?  There are a lot of issues out there.  Let's just take a few of your issues, "the woman love abortion".  What exactly will your candidate do about that?  Will he or she outlaw homosexuality or their right to free speech?  How about Code Pink? There's nothing I agree with them on, but they have every right to chime in, organize, protest.  And if these are your candidates issues, do you think most voters will embrace him/her?

Offline EdinVA

I'll ask again.  What will your ideal candidate say and do about all that?  There are a lot of issues out there.  Let's just take a few of your issues, "the woman love abortion".  What exactly will your candidate do about that?  Will he or she outlaw homosexuality or their right to free speech?  How about Code Pink? There's nothing I agree with them on, but they have every right to chime in, organize, protest.  And if these are your candidates issues, do you think most voters will embrace him/her?

The problem I see is the feds (top to bottom) are getting involved in this stuff and not paying attention to the real issues.  Why should the president know/care about who you are married to?
Code pink as idiotic as they are, are within their rights to protest, so ignore them.

Abortion is what it is and we really need to focus on other things.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
The problem I see is the feds (top to bottom) are getting involved in this stuff and not paying attention to the real issues.  Why should the president know/care about who you are married to?
Code pink as idiotic as they are, are within their rights to protest, so ignore them.

Holy shit.

Common ground.

Social issues driven by SoCons are dragging the Party down, and (like it or not) SoCons send lots of $$$ to candidates.

It's far easier for a candidate to rail against issues that the POTUS rally can't do a thing about (abortion, homosexuality, SSM) and get those checks in the coffers than it is to address issues of true significance like the deficit, runaway entitlements and home-grown terrorism.

You may or may not have liked Romney, but his fiscal policy plan was solid, so is Jeb's.

Offline MACVSOG68

Couldn't agree more.   

Offline EdinVA

Holy shit.

Common ground.

Social issues driven by SoCons are dragging the Party down, and (like it or not) SoCons send lots of $$$ to candidates.

It's far easier for a candidate to rail against issues that the POTUS rally can't do a thing about (abortion, homosexuality, SSM) and get those checks in the coffers than it is to address issues of true significance like the deficit, runaway entitlements and home-grown terrorism.

You may or may not have liked Romney, but his fiscal policy plan was solid, so is Jeb's.

I think I just felt the ground shake... :)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
MAC wrote above:
[[ My representative is Joe Wilson, a member of the Republican Study Committee.  Did calling Obama a liar make him a coward? ]]

(sigh)
I wish that I had someone like that to vote for.

But here in Connecticut?
Never happen...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Luis wrote above:
[[ In order to govern you must first win elections. In order to win elections you must win the center. ]]

There isn't much of a "center" any more.

And what's left of it .... is shrinking....

1.  I'm not a so-con, so the first thing I would do is not fall for the bait.

2.  Fiscal policy, real fiscal policy.  Low taxes on the rich, raise taxes on the poor.

3.  Get the hell out of bedrooms and boardrooms.