Author Topic: GOV. PERRY: DONALD TRUMP’S COMMENTS MAKE HIM UNFIT TO BE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF  (Read 14096 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It is one thing to dislike McCain and where he stands, but to mock his time as a POW is out of line for anyone.

Today Governor Perry released the following statement in response to Donald Trump’s reprehensible comments on Senator John McCain.

“Donald Trump should apologize immediately for attacking Senator McCain and all veterans who have protected and served our country. As a veteran and an American, I respect Sen. McCain because he volunteered to serve his country. I cannot say the same of Mr. Trump. His comments have reached a new low in American politics. His attack on veterans make him unfit to be Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces, and he should immediately withdraw from the race for President.”

https://rickperry.org/gov-perry-donald-trumps-comments-make-him-unfit-to-be-commander-in-chief

Offline ABX

More are coming out. Trump crossed a big line in his remarks about McCain's service.

John Kasich
6 mins ·

John McCain is a friend of mine, I served with him in Congress and it's an insult to every veteran and POW/MIA to even try to debate his status as an American hero.

Offline sinkspur

This motherf**ker was given a chance to apologize and he wouldn't.

Trump should be denounced by every GOP candidate, and condemned for his remarks. Ridiculing McCain, who spent five years being beaten so severely he can't raise his arms above his shouldcers, is despicable.  He's a mean sonofabitch who has no governor on his shotgun mouth.

Anybody around here still think this is the guy the GOP should be pushing in 2016?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online kevindavis007

Trump should be denounced by every GOP candidate, and condemned for his remarks. Ridiculing McCain, who spent five years being beaten so severely he can't raise his arms above his shouldcers, is despicable.  He's a mean sonofabitch who has no governor on his shotgun mouth.

Anybody around here still think this is the guy the GOP should be pushing in 2016?

I hope this is the end of The Donald..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline ABX

Trump's comments for those who missed it:
“He’s not a war hero, He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

As a reminder, McCain was given the opportunity to be freed but wouldn't until his fellow prisoners were also freed.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 07:07:01 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

Related:

Deferments Helped Trump Dodge Vietnam

Despite Donald Trump’s claim this week that he avoided serving in the Vietnam War solely due to a high draft number, Selective Service records show that the purported presidential aspirant actually received a series of student deferments while in college and then topped those off with a medical deferment after graduation that helped spare him from fighting for his country, The Smoking Gun has learned....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/celebrity/deferments-helped-trump-dodge-vietnam

(note, this story is from 2011)

Offline sinkspur

Reince Priebus should use Trump's diarrhetic remark as the reason to exclude him from the first debate.  Everybody's afraid, though, that he'll go third party.

Let him. He's so damned outrageous only the true crazies will vote for him anyway.

Online kevindavis007

Frank Luntz ‏@FrankLuntz 
Donald Trump: "No. I won't go on record as saying [I won't run as third-party candidate]."  #FLS2015
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/248431-trump-clarifies-attacks-on-mccain

July 18, 2015, 03:00 pm
Trump clarifies attacks on McCain

By Keith Laing

Donald Trump accused Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) of being "all talk, no action" on veterans issues on Saturday as he sought to clarify his dismissive words toward McCain earlier in the day.

"I am not a fan of John McCain because he has done so little for our Veterans and he should know better than anybody what the Veterans need, especially in regards to the VA," Trump said in a statement released by his campaign.

"He is yet another all talk, no action politician who spends too much time on television and not enough time doing his job and helping the Vets," Trump continued. "He is also allowing our military to decrease substantially in size and strength, somethings which should never be allowed to happen."

Trump faced immediate criticism Saturday after mocking McCain’s six years as a prisoner during the Vietnam War.

“He was a war hero because he was captured,” Trump sarcastically told host Frank Luntz during the 2015 Family Leadership Summit. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

Trump was swiftly rebuked by the Republican National Committee and several of his fellow 2016 Republican presidential candidates.

Trump said in his statement that McCain has been "extremely disrespectful to the thousands upon thousands of people, many of whom happen to be his constituents, that came out to listen to me speak about illegal immigration by calling them 'crazies.'

"These were not 'crazies' --- these were great American citizens," Trump said.

"I have great respect for all those who serve in our military including those that weren't captured and are also heroes," he continued. "I want to strengthen our military and take care of our veterans. I want to make America great again, especially for those that serve to protect our freedom. I am fighting for our veterans!"

Trump’s statement noted at the end: “Mr. Trump left to a long lasting standing ovation, which will be by far the biggest ovation of the weekend, and much congratulatory praise.”

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Frank Luntz ‏@FrankLuntz 
Donald Trump: "No. I won't go on record as saying [I won't run as third-party candidate]."  #FLS2015

Of course he won't rule out a third party bid. He knows that would deliver the WH to Hillary, whom he gas generously supported with donations in the past anyway.

If anyone needed any further proof that Trump is nothing but a cheap carnival barker, appealing to the lowest instincts in very low information conservative voters, this should do it. He slammed every POW (think, Sam Johnson) who's been captured in recent wars.

He also slammed Jesus, who managed to get himself captured and even killed.

Oceander

Reince Priebus should use Trump's diarrhetic remark as the reason to exclude him from the first debate.  Everybody's afraid, though, that he'll go third party.

Let him. He's so damned outrageous only the true crazies will vote for him anyway.

Trump has always been third-party:  the Trump is King Party.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
After this Trump's candidacy is over imho
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sinkspur

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/248431-trump-clarifies-attacks-on-mccain

July 18, 2015, 03:00 pm
Trump clarifies attacks on McCain

By Keith Laing

Donald Trump accused Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) of being "all talk, no action" on veterans issues on Saturday as he sought to clarify his dismissive words toward McCain earlier in the day.

"I am not a fan of John McCain because he has done so little for our Veterans and he should know better than anybody what the Veterans need, especially in regards to the VA," Trump said in a statement released by his campaign.

"He is yet another all talk, no action politician who spends too much time on television and not enough time doing his job and helping the Vets," Trump continued. "He is also allowing our military to decrease substantially in size and strength, somethings which should never be allowed to happen."

Trump faced immediate criticism Saturday after mocking McCain’s six years as a prisoner during the Vietnam War.

“He was a war hero because he was captured,” Trump sarcastically told host Frank Luntz during the 2015 Family Leadership Summit. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

Trump was swiftly rebuked by the Republican National Committee and several of his fellow 2016 Republican presidential candidates.

Trump said in his statement that McCain has been "extremely disrespectful to the thousands upon thousands of people, many of whom happen to be his constituents, that came out to listen to me speak about illegal immigration by calling them 'crazies.'

"These were not 'crazies' --- these were great American citizens," Trump said.

"I have great respect for all those who serve in our military including those that weren't captured and are also heroes," he continued. "I want to strengthen our military and take care of our veterans. I want to make America great again, especially for those that serve to protect our freedom. I am fighting for our veterans!"

Trump’s statement noted at the end: “Mr. Trump left to a long lasting standing ovation, which will be by far the biggest ovation of the weekend, and much congratulatory praise.”

<iframe width="480" height="290" scrolling="no" src="http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/c/embed/914c609e-2d73-11e5-960f-22c4ba982ed4" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trump "clarified" that he was doubling down on his trashing of McCain. Next thing he'll do is rip McCain's comb-over.

Offline EdinVA

After this Trump's candidacy is over imho

You may be right.
The hysteria is reaching new levels on both sides.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You may be right.
The hysteria is reaching new levels on both sides.

I think he'll try but he will never be able to recover from this
Support the USO

Offline EdinVA

I think he'll try but he will never be able to recover from this

So far, nothing he has said is untrue.
Sarcastic, yes.  Unpolished, yes.
I thought for sure he was done over the Hispanic/Mexican thing but that seemed to give him a boost.

We'll see.

Offline sinkspur

So far, nothing he has said is untrue.
Sarcastic, yes.  Unpolished, yes.
I thought for sure he was done over the Hispanic/Mexican thing but that seemed to give him a boost.

We'll see.

This dumb-assed remark gives everybody in the world an excuse to pound Trump into submission.  He'll be forced to apologize before the end of the day tomorrow.

How would you have felt if Hillary had said this? Trump's a joke and has diarrhea of the mouth.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The lesson here is that evidently you don't have to own an IQ above 85 to become a billionaire.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Longiron

Trump has always been third-party:  the Trump is King Party.

Agree, going 3 rd party would be great. Only the Pubbies would vote for Jeb and guess what happens. After losing the GOP is history.

Offline Longiron

The lesson here is that evidently you don't have to own an IQ above 85 to become a billionaire.    :whistle:

Success real is hard for some to handle But failure is very easy to accept. That is why most are not successful and try to hide and complain about successful people.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
How is Donald Trump successful? He inherited north of 20 Billion from his father. He's now worth 10 billion. Still a huge chunk of change, but ....

He's basically Paris Hilton.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EdinVA

How is Donald Trump successful? He inherited north of 20 Billion from his father. He's now worth 10 billion. Still a huge chunk of change, but ....

He's basically Paris Hilton.

By the time of his death, Trump was estimated to have amassed $250 to $300 million
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Trump

Facts are such pesky things... :)

bkepley

So far, nothing he has said is untrue

So then Goldberg really can't afford to buy his own pants?

Offline EdinVA

So then Goldberg really can't afford to buy his own pants?

Ya lost me on that one BK....
Who is Goldberg and why does Trump care about his pants? :)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
By the time of his death, Trump was estimated to have amassed $250 to $300 million
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Trump

Facts are such pesky things... :)

Don't make me laugh. $250 - $300 million? When the same wikipedia article states he owned 27,000 apartments (plus buildings) in NYC? When was the last time you could BUY an apartment in any part of NYC for $10,000? Even in the slums.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink