Author Topic: Abbott orders Texas National Guard to carry guns at military facilities  (Read 701 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
First Arkansas, then Oklahoma, now Texas. Governors are stepping up where the Feds are failing.

Gov. Greg Abbott says he is reluctantly asking Texas Military Forces to arm soldiers at their home bases after Thursday’s attacks at military sites in Tennessee that killed four Marines and one sailor.

Abbott said in a release Saturday that he will authorize Adjutant General John Nichols of the Texas National Guard to arm National Guard personnel at military facilities across Texas. Abbott’s move followed shootings on two military facilities in Chattanooga, Tenn.

“It is with a heavy heart that I issue this order,” he said.

The Republican governor said the Chattanooga events made “clear that our military personnel must have the ability to defend themselves against these type of attacks on our own soil. Arming the National Guard at these bases will not only serve as a deterrent to anyone wishing to do harm to our service men and women, but will enable them to protect those living and working on the base.”...

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2015/07/abbott-orders-texas-national-guard-to-carry-guns-at-military-facilities.html/

Note: Governor Abbott didn't use the word 'reluctantly' as the reporter said. He said 'with a heavy heart' which doesn't imply reluctance.

Offline musiclady

That's three states that I know of.

47 more to go.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EdinVA

That's three states that I know of.

47 more to go.........

Well, 46, because Mcauliff is not going to arm Virginia.... too bad

Offline musiclady

Well, 46, because Mcauliff is not going to arm Virginia.... too bad

Of course not.  He's part of the reason they're disarmed in the first place.

Not counting on Brown of CA, or the other left coast states either.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gov. Scott signs order to protect, arm Fla. National Guard members

I have sent several emails to our new GOP Gov in Il...no response so far
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

Obama still partying on down in NYC with a gaggle of teenaged girls.