Author Topic: Teachers union members want Hillary endorsement withdrawn  (Read 510 times)

rangerrebew

Teachers union members want Hillary endorsement withdrawn
« on: July 18, 2015, 08:19:33 am »
Teachers union members want Hillary endorsement withdrawn

By Marisa Schultz

July 16, 2015 | 11:28pm

WASHINGTON — Furious American Federation of Teachers members are demanding the union withdraw its endorsement of Hillary Rodham Clinton, calling it premature and undemocratic.

“There was no internal discussion. Zero. Zip,” said Steve Conn, president of the Detroit Federation of Teachers. “This is wrong and something needs to be done.”

The 45-member AFT executive board voted Saturday to back Clinton despite an AFL-CIO request to wait until July when the presidential field is more set.

Critics say union head and longtime Clinton supporter Randi Weingarten secured the early nod to hamper a surge by Clinton rival Bernie Sanders.

http://nypost.com/2015/07/16/teachers-union-members-want-hillary-endorsement-withdrawn/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:20:54 am by rangerrebew »

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Teachers union members want Hillary endorsement withdrawn
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 05:26:11 pm »
It's just a matter of time before Hillary "gracefully" (?) bows out.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.