Author Topic: Donald Trump insults wheelchair-using columnist: He’s a ‘jerk’ who just ‘sits there’  (Read 2974 times)

bkepley

David Edwards
Raw Story
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/donald-trump-insults-wheelchair-bound-columnist-hes-a-jerk-who-just-sits-there/

epublican presidential candidate Donald Trump may not have chosen the best insult on Wednesday for a wheelchair-using conservative columnist who he said would just “sit there” and do nothing but be a “jerk.”

Following Trump’s presidential announcement on Tuesday, Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer called the roll-out “great showmanship.”

“I think his single most important statement was, ‘I am very rich.’ That’s the basis for the campaign,” Krauthammer explained. “It will damage the party because, like, say and Al Sharpton or even a Ross Perot or having those kinds of people on the stage who aren’t really serious candidates diminishes the stature of the others who are.”
------------------
You can't make it up.  :silly:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"Stand-up, Chuck!!"    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
"Stand-up, Chuck!!"    :laugh:

...a...Stand up FOR Chuck........ :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

...a...Stand up FOR Chuck........ :silly:

LOL!  Or, "Stand, and upchuck!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I just listened to the interview with Trump, and he did NOT insult Charles Krauthammer regarding his disability.

He did say loser and jerk.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

I just listened to the interview with Trump, and he did NOT insult Charles Krauthammer regarding his disability.

Uh......Saying "He's a jerk who just sits there!", to a wheelchair bound paraplegic, is an insult.

Perhaps not intended at the moment, but an insult nonetheless.

Offline truth_seeker

Uh......Saying "He's a jerk who just sits there!", to a wheelchair bound paraplegic, is an insult.

Listen for your self. 

Offline aligncare

There's lots of folks who wonder why Charles Krauthammer is particularly qualified to pontificate:

From wiki

Krauthammer has been called a conservative;.[35][36] Krauthammer is a supporter of legalized abortion;[37][38][39] an opponent of the death penalty;[40][41][42][43] an intelligent design critic and an advocate for the scientific consensus on evolution, calling the religion-science controversy a "false conflict;"[44][45] a supporter of embryonic stem cell research using embryos discarded by fertility clinics with restrictions in its applications;[46][47][48] and a longtime advocate of radically higher energy taxes to induce conservation.[49][50][51][52] Meg Greenfield, editorial page editor for The Washington Post who edited Krauthammer's columns for 15 years, called his weekly column "independent and hard to peg politically. It's a very tough column. There's no 'trendy' in it. You never know what is going to happen next."[3]

bkepley

Bad enough for a would be president.  He's gotta be just taking us for a ride.  No one in his position acts that stupid.

Online DCPatriot

Listen for your self.

Not berating you, TS.

Just saying that for anybody READING the quoted words, when they are referring to a renowned intellectual political commentator who happens to not be able to stand/walk....it's an insult...albeit unintended.

Trump needs to learn to choose his vocabulary more carefully, that's all.

Difficult for a large ego with more money than God.   :laugh:

bkepley

There's lots of folks who wonder why Charles Krauthammer is particularly qualified to pontificate:

From wiki

Krauthammer has been called a conservative;.[35][36] Krauthammer is a supporter of legalized abortion;[37][38][39] an opponent of the death penalty;[40][41][42][43] an intelligent design critic and an advocate for the scientific consensus on evolution, calling the religion-science controversy a "false conflict;"[44][45] a supporter of embryonic stem cell research using embryos discarded by fertility clinics with restrictions in its applications;[46][47][48] and a longtime advocate of radically higher energy taxes to induce conservation.[49][50][51][52] Meg Greenfield, editorial page editor for The Washington Post who edited Krauthammer's columns for 15 years, called his weekly column "independent and hard to peg politically. It's a very tough column. There's no 'trendy' in it. You never know what is going to happen next."[3]

So because Krauthammer does not hold all your views he is not qualified to pontificate?  Krauthammer has more class in his little finger than Trump has in his x -billion dollars.

Online DCPatriot

So because Krauthammer does not hold all your views he is not qualified to pontificate?  Krauthammer has more class in his little finger than Trump has in his x -billion dollars.

But we're not talking about "class" here, are we?

BYW, Rush Limbaugh was asked once, "If you could switch brains with anybody on the planet, who would you choose"?

Without hesitation, he said, Charles Krauthammer.   :patriot:

Offline aligncare

No, I'm just saying Krauthammer's views may irritate some people, right and left. And might prompt some to hurl an epithet or two at him. It's the nature of political commentary. I'm not endorsing any position here, just providing background. Sorry Krauthammer is confined to a wheelchair.

Online DCPatriot

I dated his personal assistant back in the early 90's.

...and can't find her anywhere on Facebook!   :laugh:

Recall she said that it was a literal FULL-TIME job!  But she had the patience and demeanor of Ghandi   

Offline PzLdr

Wonder what he said about Wendy Davis' Abbot wheelchair ads...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline truth_seeker

Not berating you, TS.

Just saying that for anybody READING the quoted words, when they are referring to a renowned intellectual political commentator who happens to not be able to stand/walk....it's an insult...albeit unintended.

Trump needs to learn to choose his vocabulary more carefully, that's all.

Difficult for a large ego with more money than God.   :laugh:
No problem. I am not supporting Trump, BUT I'm watching for honest and truthful posting, and when articles fail to even support headlines, I point that out.

I listened, and I did not hear/see any intention by Trump to insult Kraut for his disability. It might seem that way from printed words, twisted by a dishonest headline.

There seems to be a lot of that. Sadly.

Online DCPatriot

No problem. I am not supporting Trump, BUT I'm watching for honest and truthful posting, and when articles fail to even support headlines, I point that out.

I listened, and I did not hear/see any intention by Trump to insult Kraut for his disability. It might seem that way from printed words, twisted by a dishonest headline.

Yes...it's all about the "clicks".   Clicks equal $$$.

At least, it used to be that way.   

Offline aligncare

It's preseason warm-ups. The silly season is about to begin in earnest after Labor Day.

Offline olde north church

So, now we have to measure every, single word?  Are the able-bodied required to be standing around?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.