Author Topic: Cruz: Chattanooga shooting 'an act of war'  (Read 959 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz: Chattanooga shooting 'an act of war'
« on: July 17, 2015, 06:07:43 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/248335-cruz-chattanooga-shooting-an-act-of-war

July 17, 2015, 01:54 pm
Cruz: Chattanooga shooting 'an act of war'

By Mark Hensch

The mass shooting at military facilities in Chattanooga, Tenn. constitutes an act of war by radical Islamists, Sen. Ted Cruz said Friday.

The Texas senator and Republican presidential candidate linked the massacre to a broader extremist campaign against the United States

“Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez was there to carry out jihad, an act of radical Islamic terrorism,” he said in a statement.

“An act of war, in which those four brave Marines lost their lives, while at least two others were wounded.”

Four Marines died when Abdulazeez opened fire on Thursday morning at two military facilities in Chattanooga. Abdulazeez, who was a naturalized citizen from Kuwait, died in the second attack.

Cruz said the gunman was not a “lone wolf” attacking American troops at random, and said the nations needs to rid itself of “two dangerous delusions” about terrorist threats.

“First and foremost that a ‘lone gunman’ — as President Obama described the shooter — is somehow isolated from the larger threat of radical Islamic terrorism,” Cruz said.

“In the modern world, no one acts in isolation,” he added.

“Through social media ISIS, al Qaeda and other groups are infiltrating our nation with impunity while our government will not even admit that radical Islamic terrorism is a problem.”

Cruz also charged on Friday that the Chattanooga slayings are not independent of earlier attacks on U.S. military installations.

“The second delusion is that this attack is somehow isolated from previous episodes, notably those in Little Rock, Arkansas and Fort Hood, Texas, in 2009 – both of which were attacks on American military facilities,” he said.

“We need to see with clarity right now what has happened.”

Reports emerged on Thursday evening that Abdulazeez had blogged about Islam before striking Chattanooga, though little is known about his motive for the shooting.

He first opened fire at a recruitment center before driving to a U.S. Naval and Marine Reserve Center. Investigators believe that Abdulazeez and all four of his victims died during shooting at the Reserve Center.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Cruz: Chattanooga shooting 'an act of war'
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 06:17:00 pm »
Chattanooga has 167,000 population in a total metro area of about 1/2 million.

This incident should dispel any ideas about relative safety by not being in an urban location.

It should also dispel the idea that our government is effective in preventing this sort of incident. Here is an immigrant, who travels back to the Mideast, but nobody is watching him.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 06:18:18 pm »
Now you're talking, Teddy!    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 07:36:11 pm »
Barrack Hussein Obama gets it wrong ... again.  If you aren't a white Christian American then you aren't a threat to our country.

Cruz is Golden!  2016
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:36:42 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline raml

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 10:47:49 pm »
Obama doesn't get it wrong he wants this country to go down he will not do a thing about this attack nor does he care about our men in uniform. He would be allowing our military to carry a weapon in order to protect themselves if he did. He has the blood of these men on his hands since he knew they were being targeted and left them defenseless and thus 4 marines worth more to this country than Obama or any of our congressmen died.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 11:01:15 pm »
Barrack Hussein Obama gets it wrong ... again.  If you aren't a white Christian American then you aren't a threat to our country.

Cruz is Golden!  2016

Barrack Hussein Obama gets it wrong only if you actually believe he is on our side. If you believe, as I do, that he is absolutely NOT on our side and is in fact working for the enemy (Iran) then he has gotten it right ever time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 11:42:21 pm »
Barrack Hussein Obama gets it wrong only if you actually believe he is on our side. If you believe, as I do, that he is absolutely NOT on our side and is in fact working for the enemy (Iran) then he has gotten it right ever time!

Poor wording on my part...no...he is absolutely not on our side and never has been.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.