Author Topic: Meghan McCain to Join Fox News Channel as Contributor (Exclusive)  (Read 932 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/meghan-mccain-fox-news-channel-contributor-1201541625/

uly 16, 2015 | 09:29AM PT
Brian Steinberg
Senior TV Editor @bristei   

Meghan McCain, the political scion who has won public fame as a blogger, commentator and TV-show host, will join Fox News Channel as a contributor, Variety has learned.

A representative for the network confirmed the hire. McCain is expected to contribute to the network’s primetime and daytime programming.

McCain, the oldest daughter of U.S. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), joins as Fox News Channel, like other news outlets, heads into a frenzied pre-season for the 2016 election for U.S. president. Already, more than a dozen different candidates for the Republican nomination have thrown their hat into the ring.

Meghan McCain, who has identified as a Republican in the past, could well offer the viewpoint of a different member of that political party: one hailing from the millennial generation. She has in the past championed gay rights and come out against anti-immigration legislation, and has publicly challenged commentators like Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham. In her writings she’s expressed ambivalence about Sarah Palin, the former Fox News contributor who ran for U.S. vice president alongside her father, and admiration for Hillary Clinton, who is now vying for the Democratic nomination for U.S. president.

McCain most recently was a host for “TakePart Live,” a talk show on cable’s Pivot network that urged viewers to get involved with various social causes. She was also the focus of “Raising McCain,” a Pivot talk show that took her on the road. Both were cancelled.

McCain has written a campaign memoir, “Dirty Sexy Politics,” as well as “America, You Sexy Bitch: A Love Letter to Freedom,” a collaboration with comedian Michael Ian Black. She has also contributed to the Daily Beast and interned at Newsweek magazine. She earned her bachelor’s degree from Columbia University.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: Meghan McCain to Join Fox News Channel as Contributor (Exclusive)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:49:40 pm »
Daytime only I hope.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:52:14 pm »
Meghan McCain to Join Fox News Channel as Contributor

Good God!

I guess their ratings have gotten TO high and they had to find a way to bring them down!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 11:14:46 pm »
I hope she's not been recruited to represent the youth vote, as she's now on the wrong side of 30. And you know the Millenials, they're recycling that whole '60's hippie Boomer 'don't trust anyone over 30' thing.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 11:30:45 am »
Fox must enjoy wasting money.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 01:17:29 pm »
Fox goes out of their way to hire liberals...conservatives...not so much. 

I don't watch Fox anymore.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 02:08:33 pm »
It gets worse:

Premiere Networks announced that Meghan McCain has joined the network as the new host of America Now. Beginning next week, McCain will be heard on the syndicated news/talk program, which broadcasts live on weekdays. McCain will be replacing Joe "Pags" Pagliarulo, who has served as interim host since August 2014, following the departure of original host Andy Dean.

(Premiere is the network that carries Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. So, yeah, not only is she joining Fox, she's coming to a radio near you.)

http://www.radioink.com/article.asp?id=2950154&spid=24698
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 02:16:58 pm »
Good thing there's an off button on my radio.