Author Topic: Jeb Bush Braces for Donald Trump in Debate  (Read 600 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jeb Bush Braces for Donald Trump in Debate
« on: July 16, 2015, 04:34:14 pm »
http://politicalwire.com/2015/07/16/bush-braces-for-trump-in-debate/?utm_content=buffera2bab&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Jeb Bush Braces for Donald Trump in Debate
July 16, 2015By Taegan Goddard25 Comments

Politico: “As the Aug. 6 debate grows closer, some Republicans are relishing the prospect of Trump tearing the bark off the former governor — or, at the very least, trying to trip him up.”

“In recent months, Bush has immersed himself in planning for the debate, holding mock sessions with advisers. Last week, after huddling with top donors at the family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, the former governor spent his time in debate study, according to two people who’d been in touch with him. By the end of the process, said another source, Bush could end up spending as much as 50 hours in preparation, an amount that far surpasses what Mitt Romney had done at this point during the last Republican primary.”

Ron Brownstein: “The paradox of Donald Trump’s bombastic presidential campaign is that his rise may ultimately benefit the rival he has attacked most vociferously.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: Jeb Bush Braces for Donald Trump in Debate
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 04:41:03 pm »
http://politicalwire.com/2015/07/16/bush-braces-for-trump-in-debate/?utm_content=buffera2bab&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

In recent months, Bush has immersed himself in planning for the debate, holding mock sessions with advisers

Someone's gonna have a lot of fun playing Trump. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 01:35:02 am »
[[ By the end of the process, said another source, Bush could end up spending as much as 50 hours in preparation, an amount that far surpasses what Mitt Romney had done at this point during the last Republican primary.” ]]

I sense that this in itself is part of "what's wrong" with such "debates".
More than that, it's what's wrong with the candidates themselves.

Bush's answers will be so canned, so pasteurized, so sanitized that they will come across as "nothing words", like one of Hillary's "campaign speeches".

I wonder how much prepping Mr. Trump is doing. I'm sure he's doing some, but that his responses will be much more shoot-from-the-hip -- and more substantial, as well!

Even if Trump is bombastic and outrageous, Jeb (with all his "preparation") will come across as Spam from the can...

Aside:
I sense that Scott Walker's big chance to break from the pack is going to be due to his performance in the debates. We'll see...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:35:49 am by Fishrrman »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 01:39:42 am »
Someone's gonna have a lot of fun playing Trump.

Yeah, I always thought it would be fun to play the opposition during preps...for either side actually.  :chairbang:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!