Author Topic: BREAKING>>>>'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center  (Read 9465 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDB-vJ3uRhU

Could be him....hurry before it's gone....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mrclose

Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez

My spell checker swears that I'm spelling this all wrong! :silly:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

rangerrebew

ISIS tweets “Chattanooga” as gunman begins shooting there; 4 murdered

July 16, 2015 3:34 pm By Robert Spencer 4 Comments

Chattanooga tweetAccording to AP, the shooting started “around 10:30 or 10:45 a.m.” The Islamic State tweet warning of the attack or crowing about the attack was posted at 10:34AM. “Gunshots were fired at a military recruiting center and a Navy Reserve center in different parts of Chattanooga, Tennessee.” And the Islamic State has called on Muslims to murder American military personnel here in the U.S.

(Tweet image thanks to Pamela Geller.)

“Chattanooga shooting: 4 killed,” by Jason Hanna and Greg Botelho, CNN, July 16, 2015:

Four people were killed in shootings in Chattanooga, Tennessee, on Thursday morning, Mayor Andy Berke said. The suspected shooter is also dead, he said.

Investigators “have not determined whether it was an act of terrorism or whether it was a criminal act,” FBI special agent in charge Ed Reinhold told reporters. “We are looking at every possible avenue, whether it was terrorism — whether it was domestic, international — or whether it was a simple, criminal act.”

U.S. Attorney Bill Killian earlier told reporters that authorities were treating the shooting as an “act of domestic terrorism.”

[Previous story, posted at 2:32 p.m. ET Thursday]

Gunshots were fired at a military recruiting center and a Navy Reserve center in different parts of Chattanooga, Tennessee, late Thursday morning, officials and witnesses said.

One officer is “down” in connection with the shootings, Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke told reporters. He was not specific about the officer’s condition.

Witnesses said a man sprayed bullets at the glass doors of a military recruiting center at a strip mall on Lee Highway, and the U.S. Navy tweeted Thursday that a shooting happened at a separate location — the Navy Reserve center on Amnicola Highway. The two sites are 7½ miles apart.

By 1:15 p.m., the “active shooter situation” was over, police tweeted.

There are no indications so far of any link to terrorism, two sources briefed on the case said.

Gina Mule, a server at a restaurant, said she saw a man who’d been in a silver convertible Mustang, firing a “high-powered rifle” at the recruiting offices at about 10:50 a.m.

She said she first heard “Pow, pow, pow!” She then went to a window, through which she said she saw the man firing shots.

“I don’t know how many shots he fired, but it was a lot,” she said.

A second witness, April Grimmett, said she was working at a hair salon near the recruiting center when she looked out a window and saw a man ducking in between cars.

“Shortly after that, we heard the (shots). It was very loud and very fast,” Grimmett said, without saying what happened to the man she had seen.

A photo that she took shows glass doors damaged by the gunfire.

“I could not believe how many bullet holes were in that door. It was insane,” she said.

Fred Wright, a salesman at a nearby auto parts store, told CNN that after he heard gunshots, three people ran into the shop, hollering they thought “someone was shooting at them.”

Wright said he called 911.

“Sounded like it was 30, 40 shots to me,” Wright said, adding that he never saw a shooter….

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/07/isis-tweets-chattanooga-as-gunman-begins-shooting-there-4-murdered
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:28:08 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

LIVE COVERAGE: Chattanooga shooting suspect identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez

Reuters
 Reuters
16 Jul 2015 at 12:09 ET                   

Citing law enforcement sources, CBS News reported Thursday that Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez is the name of the suspected gunman who shot at two military-related facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Original story continues below…

Five people were killed on Thursday including a suspected gunman who opened fire at two military-related facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee in an attack local officials described as an act of domestic terrorism.

The other four killed were Marines at a Naval Reserve Center, a military official said in Washington, DC. The suspected shooter, who has not been identified, is believed to have lived in the area, local police said.

“We are treating this as an act of domestic terrorism,” said Bill Killian, the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Tennessee, adding that no official determination of the nature of the crime had yet been made.

Three others were wounded in the attacks that began at about 10:45 a.m. local time and ended about 30 minutes later.

Chattanooga Police Chief Fred Fletcher said at a joint news conference the gunman acted “brutally and brazenly.”

Witnesses and local media reports said the gunman, driving an open-top Ford Mustang, fired at two locations including a military recruiting center and a U.S. Navy Reserve center about six miles (10 km) apart. Witnesses said they heard scores of shots.

A White House spokesman said President Barack Obama had been told about the shooting.

“The President has been briefed by his national security staff on the Chattanooga shooting, and will continue to get updates as warranted,” said spokesman Eric Schultz.

Lockdowns had been put in place at businesses, a college and other facilities near the shooting sites.

A witness at a glass company near the Navy center said the shooting there starting at about 11 a.m. (1500 GMT).

“We have heard multiple shots fired,” said Marilyn Hutcheson of Binswanger Glass installation and repair service.

Near the recruiting center, a witness said the gunman appeared to be calm.

“Everybody was at a standstill and as soon as he pulled away everyone scrabbled trying to make sure everyone was OK,” said Erica Wright, who works two doors down from the recruiting center.

The city along the Tennessee River is in the southeastern section of the state just north of the Georgia border. Just over 173,000 people live there, according to a 2013 estimate from the U.S. Census Bureau.

Watch live coverage via WRCBtv, below:

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/shooting-reported-at-chattanooga-state-community-college-in-tennessee/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:31:01 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
They don't want an average American "yahoo" causing an international incident, that's why.

Same stupid rules of engagement in Iraq, Korea, Germany, etc..

My son did guard duty at a base in Germany with an unloaded rifle.  That was in 1990.

We used to carry a spare mag for the American soldiers on duty (different issue weapons - isn't non standardization in co-bases wonderful!). Belt pouch, 7 o'clock position, and they KNEW it was there and to be grabbed as needed.The extra tiny bit of weight was nothing compared to the calm knowing the guy next to you CAN use his weapon rapidly if needed!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline famousdayandyear

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Any bets on whether Obama will attend the funerals, or visit the site of the shooting?
Any bets on whether he will send the families 10s of millions of dollars, as he just did recently?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
headline on Drudge

FEDS: 'Looking at every possible avenue, whether it was terrorism, domestic, international or a simple, criminal act'...

it's f'ing terrorism people...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

headline on Drudge

FEDS: 'Looking at every possible avenue, whether it was terrorism, domestic, international or a simple, criminal act'...

FBI is taking the lead on the cover up investigation so I am absolutely positive we will get to the bottom of this....

Offline musiclady

headline on Drudge

I thought the FBI was already calling it terrorism.

Is Obama changing their minds??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline famousdayandyear

Will O use the word (gasp) Islam or Islamic?

Offline musiclady

Will O use the word (gasp) Islam or Islamic?

Only to say that Islam has nothing to do with it....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
DUH!!!   Soon as I heard it was a military recruiting venue, I knew it couldn't be a Republican or Conservative American.

Right now, the tainted FBI and DHS are manufacturing  citizenship papers so that they can advertise it as strictly Domestic Terrorism and not a subversive infiltrator.

[/s]
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Obama: US to Be Thorough, Prompt in Tennessee Shooting Probe
Thursday, July 16, 2015 05:50 PM

By: REUTERS

President Barack Obama said on Thursday that U.S. officials would be thorough and prompt about getting answers after a suspected gunman opened fire at two military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee, killing four Marines.

Obama expressed his condolences to the victims' families. The suspected gunman was fatally shot in the incident.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline NavyCanDo

Prayers for our fallen Marines and their families.

It fires me up to see our warriors defenseless. It is now time. The religious war is on our soil. The caliphate is real, and it is hear.  Time for bleeding hearts to get out of the way and let the grown ups defend ourselves. Game on.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yea, but Obama is known for saying things like, 'My condolences and prayers go out to "all who were killed". In situations like this.

It is hard or even impossible for Obama to condemn a Muslim or Islam, no matter what they do. However, he has no problem at all trashing Christianity every chance he gets.

This is strange behavior for a Christian, which Hussein has always publicly claimed as his religion, as anyone with any common sense would say.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline famousdayandyear

So here's the creep:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/16/obama-we-take-all-shootings-very-seriously/

Obama: ‘We Take All Shootings Very Seriously’

by Charlie Spiering16 Jul 201512
President Obama spoke in the aftermath of the shooting in Chattanooga, Tennessee moments ago, saying that although law enforcement officials didn’t know all the details, it appeared that a “lone gunman” carried out the attacks.

“We take all shootings very seriously,” Obama said. “Obviously when you have an attack on a U.S. military facility then we have to make sure we have all the information necessary to make an assessment in terms of how this attack took place.”

Obama didn’t reveal the name of the shooter even though he added that law enforcement officials had identified the culprit – 24-year-old Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez.

“I’d ask all Americans to pray for the families who are grief stricken at this point,” Obama said, vowing a “thorough and prompt” investigation.

“My main message right now is obviously the deepest sympathies of the American people to the four Marines that have been killed,” he said.

It’s a heartbreaking circumstance for these individuals who have served our country with great valor to be killed in this fashion and although the families are still in the process of being contacted, I want them to know that I speak for the American people in expressing our deepest condolences and knowing that they have our full support as they try to overcome the grief that’s involved here.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/16/report-muhammad-youssef-abdulazeez-alleged-tennessee-killer-is-kuwaiti-ut-chattanooga-grad/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Report: Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez, Alleged Tennessee Killer, Is Kuwaiti

by Michael Patrick Leahy16 Jul 20151004
The Chattanooga Times Free Press is reporting that Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez, the alleged killer of 4 Marines in Chattanooga, is from Kuwait. A man with that same name graduated from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in 2012 with a degree in engineering.

It’s not clear whether that person is Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez or his father.

Abdulazeez, who was killed by police during the shootings, is from Hixson, Tennessee. A Youssuf Abdulazeez owns property there appraised at $206,100. It’s not clear whether that person is Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez or his father. According to the Times Free Press:

A single shooter, described by witnesses as a white man driving a silver Ford Mustang convertible, began firing shots at 10:45 am at the Lee Highway recruiting center, then led police on a chase to the Amnicola Highway location, where further shots were fired.

A U.S. official says the gunman in the shootings in Tennessee has been identified as 24-year-old Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez, according to the Associated Press.

He was believed to have been born in Kuwait, and it was unclear whether he was a U.S. or Kuwaiti citizen. The official was speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss the ongoing, sensitive investigation. It was not immediately clear whether the gunman’s first name was spelled Muhammad or Mohammad.

A man named Youssuf Abdulazeez attended UTC, spokesman Chuck Cantrell said, and graduated in 2012 with a degree in engineering.

Abdulazeez is from Hixson, Tennessee, which is just a few miles across the river from Chattanooga.

Police in Hixson kicked a reporter out of the neighborhood that contained a house apparently owned by Abdulazeez. The reporter saw a SWAT team and FBI agents staging at a nearby strip mall. The house, which Hamilton County records is owned by Youssuf S. Abdulazeez, is appraised at $206,100 by the Hamilton County Assessor of Property.

At least four Marines were killed and one police officer was shot in the attacks at Amnicola Highway. Two others, a soldier and a police officer, were wounded in the attack, according to the Associated Press.

Dennis Pedigo, a Chattanooga police officer, is in stable condition.

Erlanger’s Trauma Center received three shooting victims, a Chattanooga police officer and two members of the military. One of those patients was discharged from Erlanger this afternoon; the other two are still being treated.

Officials have said the shooter is dead and that the active shooting situation has ended. The shooter did not work at either of the facilities, according to the FBI. Today’s attack came with no warning, the FBI said.

A sign on the outside of the Lee Highway location had a “no guns allowed” sign posted. During the news conference, the FBI confirmed that guns were generally prohibited at federal facilities.
Support the USO

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yea, but Obama is known for saying things like, 'My condolences and prayers go out to "all who were killed". In situations like this.

It is hard or even impossible for Obama to condemn a Muslim or Islam, no matter what they do. However, he has no problem at all trashing Christianity every chance he gets.

This is strange behavior for a Christian, which Hussein has always publicly claimed as his religion, as anyone with any common sense would say.

"I’d ask all Americans to pray for the families who are grief stricken at this point,”

See what I mean? This is classic Obama to include the terrorist in with the victims. This line is exactly what I predicted Obama would say. He does this every time.

He cannot say the words, Muslim, Islamic, or Terrorist. He simply cannot say them.

Offline mrclose

Only to say that Islam has nothing to do with it....   **nononono*

Muslim teens seek acceptance, understanding (Abdulazeez's Sister from 2010)

Saba Munir wants others to know that she is a typical teenager.

"I hang out with my friends, go to the movies, things like that," said the 17-year-old senior from Girls Preparatory School. "We're not any different than any other teenager."

Munir said that she and some of her friends, who are Muslim, wish stereotyping would end.

She's among several Muslin teens voicing concerns over anti-Muslim sentiments they believe are rising as controversies surrounding Islam capture national attention.

Muslim teens seek acceptance, understanding | Life - Entertainment | Times Free Press

Sounds like they are trying to say they are an oppressed group, and therefore are victims, even if they go around killing noble Marines.

The MSM will pick up this theme, soon enough, and the USMC flag will be outlawed and torn down within the next few weeks.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:36:49 pm by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-would-end-gun-free-zones-on-military-bases/article/2567907

Trump would end 'gun free zones' on military bases
By PAUL BEDARD
7/16/15 6:32 PM

Donald Trump was unfortunately proven right on another one of his top issues Thursday: "gun free zones" at military bases.

Indications that Thursday's shooting at two military bases in Chattanooga, Tenn., occurred at or near "gun free zones."

In an interview with the website AmmoLand.com, Trump decried the zones on military bases, suggesting that they left highly-trained gun operators without a weapon to fire at attackers, with the exception of military police.

A photo from the scene taken from a local Fox station showed 29 bullet holes around a "gun free zone" sign.

Here's our earlier story:

Pistol-packing GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump ripped a policy implemented by former President Bill Clinton making military bases "gun free zones," declaring that as president bases would no longer be defenseless against terror attacks.

"As Commander-in-Chief, I would mandate that soldiers remain armed and on alert at our military bases." he told the website Ammoland.com.

"President Clinton never should have passed a ban on soldiers being able to protect themselves on bases. America's Armed Forces will be armed," he added to the website closely watched by gun rights groups and the National Rifle Association.

While military police are armed, the rules prohibit soldiers on bases from packing heat even though virtually all have been trained to use guns. In several terror attacks at military bases, critics of the policy have said that soldiers would have been able to thwart the attack if armed.

Trump agreed, telling Ammoland that as president, "They will be able to defend themselves against terrorists. Our brave soldiers should not be at risk because of policy created by civilian leadership. Political correctness has no place in this debate."

The interview was a tour de force on guns and the Second Amendment by Trump, who recently addressed the NRA annual convention in Nashville.

Trump, permitted to carry a concealed weapon, said that Americans should stay vigilant against gun control on the national and local stage.

"My advice is to remain vigilant. Harassment of this nature will always be with us, but we know that Americans have inherited a strong outdoor and shooting heritage that we are happy to defend," said Trump. "The 2nd Amendment is right, not a privilege. The small minority of anti-everything activists may be vocal, but we have facts, and the Constitution, on our side."

He also said that gun control doesn't work. "Gun control does not reduce crime. It has consistently failed to stop violence. Americans are entitled to protect their families, their property and themselves. In fact, in right-to-carry states the violent crime rate is 24 percent lower than the rest of the United States and the murder rate is 28 percent lower. This should not be up for debate."

Offline aligncare

Darn that Trump. He just got my attention again.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Darn that Trump. He just got my attention again.

Common sense tends to do that these days!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Common sense tends to do that these days!

:beer: