Author Topic: Obama 'bypassing' Constitution with Iran deal, says Republican  (Read 692 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/247874-gop-lawmaker-obama-bypassing-constitution-with-iran-deal

By Martin Matishak - 07/14/15 03:13 PM EDT

President Obama should have treated the nuclear deal with Iran as a treaty and submitted it to congressional lawmakers for approval, Rep. Michael Turner (R-Ohio) said Tuesday.

“The president is bypassing the Constitution, and if this is to be binding, it should be a treaty and it should be put before the Senate for ratification, which the president is not doing because he knows this, as a treaty, would never be ratified,” Turner said Tuesday during an interview with Bloomberg Markets.

“Secondly, we're doing a deal with a nation whose leadership routinely chants, 'Death to America,' which automatically should have everyone be suspect of any type of a deal,” said Turner, a member of the House Armed Services and Intelligence committees.

He chided Obama for saying the deal would be based on verification, “but it’s not.”

Turner said he recently met with head of the International Atomic Energy Agency team who would be responsible for verifying Iran’s nuclear work and was told “he’s only going to be asked to certify what has been declared.”

“That’s problematic,” he added.

Negotiators from seven countries, including the United States and Iran, reached a long-term agreement on Iran's nuclear program earlier Tuesday.

Legislation passed in May gives Congress 60 days to review the deal and decide whether to accept or reject it. If lawmakers vote it down, Obama can veto their objection and they would have 10 days to override the veto.

Turner took issue with several facets of the agreement, including allowing Tehran to pursue ballistic missile technology in eight years if it complies with the terms.

He said the effort was “clearly an intent on their part to reach weapons of mass destruction to the United States homeland.”

A truly verifiable deal “would be worthy of pursuing,” but this is not it, Turner said.

“This deal does not make our nation safer, it does not make the Middle East safer, and it certainly rewards Iran” for supporting terrorist organizations out to destabilize the region, he said.

Turner added that Israel should “continue to protect itself, as any nation should” and that Congress would move to enhance that country’s security in the weeks ahead.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Obama 'bypassing' Constitution with Iran deal, says Republican
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 09:05:37 pm »
Big deal. No one will stop him.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 09:06:48 pm »
The headline made me chuckle a little. Of course he did. He always does.

Obama bypasses the Constitution, Congress, Law, and the American people with every single thing he does. He does not give one sh*t about America, or their institutions. He does whatever the hell he wants to do, all the time. He is constantly giving America, Israel, and the West in general a big middle finger, and laughing while he does it.

Some people are just starting to figure this out? LOL
Give me a break.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 01:49:59 am »
240b wrote above:
[[ Some people are just starting to figure this out? LOL
Give me a break. ]]

There's at least a few folks in this very forum who haven't "figured that out" yet.

I'd post the "visualize impeachment" graphic, but it won't help.

The stock response:
"Oh no, we can't even bring up the issue of impeachment, no matter what he does. It would be viewed as 'racis''. If we tried to impeach him, we'd NEVER get re-elected!"

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 02:20:15 am »
The answer is clear. Republicans don't have enough power. Why, with 2 chambers of Congress, they are absolutely powerless. So, in order to get more power, the GOP must get candidates that are as much like Democrats as possible. This will make the media and the public love them. Then, when the GOP gets the executive and both chambers of Congress filled with almost Democrats... THEN they will change the country's direction.

Isn't that how it goes?

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 02:52:56 am »
What's a "constitution"?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 02:55:03 am »
“The president is bypassing the Constitution, and if this is to be binding, it should be a treaty and it should be put before the Senate for ratification, which the president is not doing because he knows this, as a treaty, would never be ratified,” Turner said Tuesday during an interview with Bloomberg Markets.

Right! Therefore it isn't binding and the next president can throw it right out the window if he chooses!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 02:55:26 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien