Author Topic: Judge Orders Anti-Obama Filmmaker D'Souza Receive Psychological Counseling  (Read 4980 times)

Offline musiclady

Assuming something must be wrong with those that disagree with you is incredibly common among all people. Everybody thinks they're right about everything, and that everybody else is suffering from some kind of mental block that prevents them from seeing the truth. Also, I could be misinterpreting something but the judge seems to have ordered the physiological counseling because of the campaign finance violations, not because he made an anti-obama film.

If you knew anything about the minimal campaign finance violation, you would know that nothing about it would require counseling.

This judge is in a position of power and he is punishing an anti-Obama film maker.

It isn't happening in reverse.  It didn't happen in response to love for George W. Bush from Republican judges.

While your initial point that many think those who disagree with them need help, there is no comparison between the left and right when it comes to vindictive punishment of those who disagree.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
If you knew anything about the minimal campaign finance violation, you would know that nothing about it would require counseling.

This judge is in a position of power and he is punishing an anti-Obama film maker.

It isn't happening in reverse.  It didn't happen in response to love for George W. Bush from Republican judges.

While your initial point that many think those who disagree with them need help, there is no comparison between the left and right when it comes to vindictive punishment of those who disagree.

You're making it sound like he was sentenced to 10 years of hard labor. The judge questioned his state of mind because of the violations and ordered him to some weekly counseling sessions. Oh, the indignity!
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

You're making it sound like he was sentenced to 10 years of hard labor. The judge questioned his state of mind because of the violations and ordered him to some weekly counseling sessions. Oh, the indignity!

The fact you're evading is that D'Sousa is a rational man who made anti-Obama movies and has been targeted as a result.

The left does this kind of thing, Dex.

It's not the same on both sides.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
The fact you're evading is that D'Sousa is a rational man who made anti-Obama movies and has been targeted as a result.

The left does this kind of thing, Dex.

It's not the same on both sides.

The campaign finance violations are the only reason he was in front of a judge in the first place. He wasn't talking to a judge because of his movies.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Assuming something must be wrong with those that disagree with you is incredibly common among all people. Everybody thinks they're right about everything, and that everybody else is suffering from some kind of mental block that prevents them from seeing the truth. Also, I could be misinterpreting something but the judge seems to have ordered the physiological counseling because of the campaign finance violations, not because he made an anti-obama film.

Agree with MusicLady in what she said, but I understood exactly what you meant, Dexter.  You were talking about how people interact with one another who have a different take/view than our own.

It's 'normal' to question another person's intellect or even motive, when they can't 'see' what we ourselves consider crystal clear.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline famousdayandyear

A judge executes the LAW.  He is not a mind-reader, nor a spiritualist.
How an officer of the court somehow transforms into executioner in this case is baffling.  And the defense of it is bizarre.

Offline musiclady

The campaign finance violations are the only reason he was in front of a judge in the first place. He wasn't talking to a judge because of his movies.

If that's what you prefer to believe, fine.

A tad naïve, I'd say, but understandable if you don't really believe this administration is petulant and evil.

Which I know you don't.......

Offline musiclady

How an officer of the court somehow transforms into executioner in this case is baffling.  And the defense of it is bizarre.

Yes to everything you said.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Well said! Couldn't agree more!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Paladin

What a lovely prescription for Soviet style political repression.

Tell me, Dexter, did you even bother to read this thread? Or in your world is the dictate of a government functionary the absolute final word on all matters?

A federal judge has ordered Dinesh D’Souza to undergo ongoing psychological counseling, despite two psychologists already clearing him.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.