Author Topic: FBI: No sign of ISIS link in Marine killings  (Read 981 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI: No sign of ISIS link in Marine killings
« on: July 17, 2015, 11:50:41 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/248373-no-indication-of-isis-link-in-marine-shooting-probe

July 17, 2015, 04:31 pm
FBI: No sign of ISIS link in Marine killings

By Ben Kamisar

Authorities are declining to link the shootings in Chattanooga, Tenn., that killed four Marines on Thursday to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) despite a suggestion from the House Homeland Security Committee chairman that the gunman was inspired by the terror group.

“At this time, we have no indication that he was inspired by or directed by anyone other than himself,” Ed Reinhold, the FBI agent in charge, said of the shooter, identified as 24-year-old Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez, during a news conference Friday.

Reinhold added that law enforcement will continue explore any potential link to terror groups.

The statement comes hours after Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas), chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, said that the attack at two military facilities seemed to be inspired by ISIS.

“My judgment and my experience is that it was an ISIS-inspired attack,” McCaul said Friday at Florida’s MacDill Air Force Base. “The targets are identical to the targets called by ISIS to attack."

Law enforcement officials also confirmed at the Chattanooga press conference that Abdulazeez had two long guns on him and one pistol. Officials were not sure whether all of those guns were purchased legally, noting that “some may not have been."

They added that the gunman, who died on the scene, was not wearing any protective vest.

Chattanooga Police Chief Fred Fletcher detailed heroism by his officers during the shooting and noted that officers rescued another who had been shot in the ankle during a firefight.

The shooting has prompted calls from gun rights supporters to consider allowing soldiers to be allowed to carry personal firearms on military facilities.

The Army has announced that it will assess the security protocols at its recruiting centers, but cautioned that it is too early to decide whether to allow recruiters to be armed.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: FBI: No sign of ISIS link in Marine killings
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 12:35:46 am »

The shooting has prompted calls from gun rights supporters to consider allowing soldiers to be allowed to carry personal firearms on military facilities.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a272176.pdf

That is the directive that prevents soldiers from carrying personal firearms on military facilities. It was signed into effect in February 1992 by Donald J. Atwood, deputy secretary of defense under President George H.W. Bush. The directive says "“The authorization to carry firearms shall be issued only to qualified personnel when there is a reasonable expectation that life or DoD assets will be jeopardized if firearms are not carried."

"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: FBI: No sign of ISIS link in Marine killings
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 01:29:26 am »
You guys once again have reminded me of my life years ago. An Israeli was driving me around the city of Tel Aviv. He was not a soldier (at the time). All Israelis are soldiers in one way or another. Civilian clothes both of us.

The driver had forgotten to bring his gun. We were pulled over. The security officer was outraged. 'Where is your gun!? Where is your weapon!? Where is your gun!?

I am not sure if he got a ticket or reprimand for not having his gun, but it was an extreme exchange.

Israel gun law is the exact opposite of American gun law. In Israel you are required to carry your gun.

They know what Islam is and what Islam will do if they are allowed.

America is on the way to learning that lesson, but they are not there yet. But they soon will be if things keep going as they are.

A Conservative is just a Liberal, who has had his Infidel family raped and killed by Muslims. Once that happens, they see God and understand. That is what it will take. And that is what the Muslims will eventually do. They always have. They always will.

That is what they are.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 01:30:46 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.