Author Topic: Donald Trump Is An Idiot, Why Are Conservatives Fascinated With Him?  (Read 618 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
...Trump’s goal is not to win election to enact a platform of policies for the betterment of America. Trump’s goal isn’t even to get elected.

Trump’s goal is to keep people talking about Trump, and he’ll say whatever it takes to make that happen.

This should be obvious to the serious political observer, yet for some reason Trump’s cartoon act has found resonance with a certain sort of conservative who will embrace anyone – even a billionaire buffoon – who puts his thumb in the right media or “establishment” eyes.

Trump’s apologists tell us that he’s “starting a conversation” and that he’s drawing a lot of attention. But the Kardashians are the subject of a lot of conversation, and train wrecks also get a lot of attention....

https://sayanythingblog.com/entry/donald-trump-is-an-idiot-why-are-conservatives-fascinated-with-him/?utm_content=buffer0a4cc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Donald Trump Is An Idiot, Why Are Conservatives Fascinated With Him?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 11:24:29 pm »

Donald Trump Is An Idiot, Why Are Conservatives Fascinated With Him?

Because he is talking about an issue that a great many people think REALLY important and everyone else has ignored until now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 11:31:02 pm »
Trump’s goal is to keep people talking about Trump, and he’ll say whatever it takes to make that happen.
That hardly makes him an idiot. He's a smart, clever man. I may not want him to be the next president, but I sure as heck won't call him an idiot.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 11:35:41 pm »
The episode we watched was called “The Waldo Moment,” and it featured a cartoon teddy bear called Waldo who is a character on a Daily Show-style television production.

aha..... need to get out of the basement before you start calling others an idiot..

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 11:36:03 pm »
That hardly makes him an idiot. He's a smart, clever man. I may not want him to be the next president, but I sure as heck won't call him an idiot.

I would generally agree with that. He is more manipulative and sly.

..but then his campaign does stuff like this-- http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,174691.0.html

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 11:56:04 pm »
In my rather large  conservative circle of friends and family, I know of nobody who supports Trump, or believes he will really get Mexico to build a wall.   What I hear from his unwavering  supporters calling into talk radio, and posting comments on forums, sound just like the Paulbots from elections past, and like Ron Paul, Trump will suffer the same fate.  Mark my words, he will not win the nomination.    I also predict the early "conservative" celebrity supporters like Sarah Palin and Ted Nugent, and others will walk-it-back soon, once they wake up from their hypnoses and back to reality - that Trump on many issues is farther left than Hillary, including gun rights.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 11:57:20 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn