Author Topic: Boy Scout leaders vote to end ban on adult homosexuals  (Read 1718 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Boy Scout leaders vote to end ban on adult homosexuals
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 06:36:12 pm »
If it ever goes that far I and many others will stand against it. I do not believe that sex with children will ever be acceptable in our society.

Ripping them limb from limb and poisoning them while they shriek in pain is 'acceptable' in our society.

To those who perpetrate such horror, what would be offensive about having sex with them?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 06:36:53 pm »
We do not live in an ancient society.

Give it time, Dex.

We're moving rapidly in that direction.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 07:22:17 pm »
If it ever goes that far I and many others will stand against it. I do not believe that sex with children will ever be acceptable in our society.
Killing children is acceptable and legal in this societyl. Why not sex?

Anyone watching the series on Auschwitz on the AHC cable channel? Last night they talked about how innocent children were slaughtered by the thousands.

The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children.
~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 07:50:32 pm »
We do not live in an ancient society.

Proving once again that you know little and care less about the history of man on this planet the cliff notes version of which amounts to men making the very same mistakes over and over again through the ages.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 08:04:15 pm »
Killing children is acceptable and legal in this societyl. Why not sex?

Anyone watching the series on Auschwitz on the AHC cable channel? Last night they talked about how innocent children were slaughtered by the thousands.

The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children.
~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

And in that regard, America is failing the test badly.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2015, 08:50:17 pm »
For me the big issue here is not whether gays might or might not make acceptable scout leaders, but whether any private organization in the USA can adopt policies and principles that run counter to a progressive agenda, and survive the onslaught of media slander, lawsuits, boycotts, harassment, etc.  What scares me the most is that this is not being "forced" upon the Boy Scouts.  The organization is taking this route voluntarily. 

Personally, I don't think it much matters whether scout masters are gay.  What does matter is that this is symptomatic of a greater problem, which is that we as a society are moving very speedily into a direction that runs contrary to traditional morals.  We are breaking up societal foundations that were laid by our ancestors, and have stood the test of time for 3,000 years.  And we are doing so with very little deliberation because people like John Stewart are now more highly regarded than Jesus.

The policy change itself may be correct, but I am bothered by this rush to change things that have been fundamental since the beginning of human civilization, especially the trashing of Christianity, which goes hand-in-hand with this issue.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2015, 08:54:36 pm »
Everyday I wake up in the last couple of months, it is just one crazy thing after another. When it rains, it really pours.

My opinion is that this will lead to the Boy Scouts becoming a homosexual organization. It will morph into a homosexual PAC. Which is the whole point.

The Boy Scouts as we all knew the group has been replaced. It is no more.

Religion. Freedom of thought and opinion are all under attack. You are no longer "allowed" to believe anything except what I tell you believe. Under penalty of massive force brought down on you by 'the government', if it can still be called that.

It is now more of a 'thugocracy'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2015, 01:52:20 am »
Dexter asked above:
[[ You believe sexual abuse against children will be overlooked to avoid offending homosexuals? ]]

My response:
Eventually, yes.