Author Topic: Donald Trump Hits Rubio on Illegal Immigration, Says "If Rubio Ever Got Elected You Would Have People Flowing Across The Border"  (Read 616 times)

rangerrebew

Donald Trump Hits Rubio on Illegal Immigration, Says "If Rubio Ever Got Elected You Would Have People Flowing Across The Border"

By Onan Coca   / 13 July 2015   / 0 comments   

You have to give it to Donald Trump, he’s not going to back down on an issue he thinks resonates with many Americans.

Trump recently had a very testy interview on NBC where he not only defended his immigration comments but doubled down on them, saying that illegal immigrants were “flowing across the border like water.”

Near our southern border with Mexico Trump has many supporters and many detractors, as NBC recently explained in a short segment.

Many observers wonder if Trump is shooting himself in the foot with his focus on illegal immigration, but his poll numbers seem to suggest otherwise as he continues his rise. If Trump’s stance on immigration isn’t killing him with voters, what does that mean for the majority of the GOP field who have turned against Trump and his comments? If many Americans do indeed support what Trump is saying and doing… will these same American continue to support the candidates attacking Trump? Rick Perry, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Lindsey Graham and others have launched all out assaults on Trump in recent days, and if public opinion continues to flow in Trump’s direction, their strategy may end up sinking their candidacies.

Meanwhile, Trump continues with the media rounds to defend himself and call attention to the problem of illegal immigration. On CNN this past Thursday Trump praised his fellow GOP Presidential candidate Ted Cruz before lambasting another rival, Marco Rubio.

On Ted Cruz:

"I have great respect for the fact he had the courage to back me up and say what I am saying is right. All I am saying, all he is saying is that, we have to stop illegal immigration. It's causing tremendous problems including crime and he came out the other day. Strongly.”

On Marco Rubio:

"Marco Rubio is somebody who is extremely weak on immigration. He only toughened has stance because his poll numbers were going down. If he ever got elected you would have people flowing across the border.”

On Jeb Bush:

“Bush is weak on immigration, forget about his stance on Common Core which is a total disaster, he’s very weak on immigration. And that’s his prerogative if he wants to be, but he doesn’t get it.”

On Rick Perry:

“The fact is he was the Governor of Texas, the border is a disaster, he could have done much more as Governor of Texas to make the border stronger.”

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/20840/donald-trump-hits-rubio-on-illegal-immigration-says-if-rubio-ever-got-elected-you-would-have-people-flowing-across-the-border/#cCoU82LC6PWdZK4O.99

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The "Donald" is absolutely correct in his assessment of Rubio and Bush.  They are weak on immigration.  Rubio is a lousy Senator and Bush was a lousy governor.  As for Perry, I'm not quite so sure I agree with him; did he do a lousy job along the border or were his hands tied by the Feds?  As I recall, he invited Barry to the border to see what was going on and Barry refused.

Cruz is Golden 2016!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:23:33 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.