Author Topic: NYT...Donald Trump Defiantly Rallies a New ‘Silent Majority’ in a Visit to Arizona  (Read 648 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/12/us/politics/donald-trump-defiantly-rallies-a-new-silent-majority-in-a-visit-to-arizona.html?_r=1

Donald Trump Defiantly Rallies a New ‘Silent Majority’ in a Visit to Arizona

By NICHOLAS FANDOSJULY 11, 2015

Donald Trump spoke in Las Vegas on Saturday and then to thousands at a speech in Arizona. Credit John Locher/Associated Press

PHOENIX — Donald Trump, the real estate mogul and reality television star who has taken center stage in the race for the Republican presidential nomination this week, delivered a rambling monologue on Saturday, dismissing a long list of critics and rivals while rallying what he termed a new “silent majority” of voters.

Mr. Trump had less to say about immigration, the topic on which his controversial comments have garnered so much attention, than about those who have criticized those comments. For more than an hour, he ticked through a list of businesses and fellow candidates who have tried to censure him since his long-shot campaign began three weeks ago.

The speech had a distinctly celebratory air as Mr. Trump lauded himself for the “massive” crowds he has drawn and the attention he has brought to immigration and other issues that he said “weak” politicians were afraid to address.

“The silent majority is back, and we’re going to take our country back,” Mr. Trump said.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Code words....from a Religious Right, silent majority, to a Racist, Xenophobic, silent majority.       :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Code words....from a Religious Right, silent majority, to a Racist, Xenophobic, silent majority.       :whistle:
Perhaps I'm misreading your comment, but it sounds like you are blaming the NYT for their headline. 

It is Trump who said “The silent majority is back, and we’re going to take our country back.”

I can't think of a way your comment makes sense, unless you are saying Trump is knowingly courting the stormfront voters, with which I would completely agree.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Perhaps I'm misreading your comment, but it sounds like you are blaming the NYT for their headline. 

It is Trump who said “The silent majority is back, and we’re going to take our country back.”

I can't think of a way your comment makes sense, unless you are saying Trump is knowingly courting the stormfront voters, with which I would completely agree.

Realize the quotation marks make the words originating from Trump, but what I'm saying is that the Times used Falwell's term "Religious Right" in an attempt to denigrate and ridicule Americans of faith.

It was obviously unsuccessful back in the 80's, but since then the Left has indoctrinated TWO more generations of Americans.  Social media wasn't around back then either.

I don't think it's going to fail this time...as evidenced by the swiftness the Confederate Flag has been 'outlawed'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald