Author Topic: Graham: Donald Trump is Going to 'Kill My Party'  (Read 10789 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Graham: Donald Trump is Going to 'Kill My Party'
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2015, 02:17:50 pm »

Unless you adequately and effectively secure the border and enforce existing immigration laws you will not be able to control illegal immigration period. The 11 million ILLEGALS that are estimated to be here is a very conservative number and an old number; that was a number given years ago during the first years of "W"'s administration.  The illegal influx has grown due to an unsecured border and  non enforcement of existing immigration laws; more recent numbers estimate the illegal population to be around 20 million.

I still feel that mass deportation is not out of the realm of possibilities.  Empty out our prison systems, deny benefits to illegals such as health care, food stamps, and other welfare programs and you would see a drove self-deporting.  Many schools are filled with illegal students - deport them and the parents!  No, its not picking on the poor kids, they shouldn't be here in the first place. Those that are caught in the U.S. should be immediately deported rather than caught and released.  If a program were set up allowing illegals to self-deport which would enable them to apply for citizenship at a later date provided that they met certain criteria vs. if you are caught and deported you have no chance EVER of becoming a legal citizen.  Those applying for legal citizenship that have not been in this country should be given priority.

First, you misspelled 20.   It's "30" million, at a minimum.

In Montgomery County, Maryland, which during Clinton's presidency was in the TOP 5 wealthiest counties in the USA....today, you can drive...you can shop...you can walk forever...and not see a Caucasian.  Truly, I am a 'stranger' in a strange land.

If they were to round up and hold every non-citizen, illegal immigrant, ENTIRE zip codes would become instant ghost towns and the economies would crash.

....and Democrat politicians would be jumping from roofs and windows, committing mass suicides.

Now that's right in the front yard of the nation's capital...in the shadow of the national monuments.  Imagine what it's like after 6-1/2 years of this current yahoo.

Realistically, all benefits should be terminated and citizens should, in mass, refuse to pay their taxes and make their politicians accountable.

But, I'll not hold my breath.....   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2015, 02:43:35 pm »

In Montgomery County, Maryland, which during Clinton's presidency was in the TOP 5 wealthiest counties in the USA....today, you can drive...you can shop...you can walk forever...and not see a Caucasian.  Truly, I am a 'stranger' in a strange land.

If they were to round up and hold every non-citizen, illegal immigrant, ENTIRE zip codes would become instant ghost towns and the economies would crash.

....and Democrat politicians would be jumping from roofs and windows, committing mass suicides.

Now that's right in the front yard of the nation's capital...in the shadow of the national monuments.  Imagine what it's like after 6-1/2 years of this current yahoo.

Realistically, all benefits should be terminated and citizens should, in mass, refuse to pay their taxes and make their politicians accountable.

A taxpayer revolt - the very people that pay for EVERYTHING this gov't does - would be most effective!  The only thing they will listen to is the sound of money sucking down a hole - away from them.  If every taxpayer would stop voting for these same people, over and over, we might begin to see change.  But when the taxpaying populace doesn't care enough to pay attention, things will never get better and will only continue to get worse. 

How many people are on welfare - paid to sit around and do nothing but intoxicate and trash up their bodies - versus how many illegals are working jobs here?  If we made the welfare parasites take the jobs "Americans won't do" - think how much better our economy would function.  It's not wrong to make people work for their food and benefits - it's the right thing to do. 

I feel sorry for these people that live in dung-filled hell hole countries, but they cannot be allowed and then rewarded to break our laws!  I'm so sick of this shit!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2015, 03:10:46 pm »
Oh, please. Just because they're around you doesn't mean they're everywhere.

For it to be anything above about 20 million (i.e. 1 in 15 U.S. residents, which is where I suspect the real number is) would require whole, sizable neighborhoods of illegal aliens in just about EVERY single community in America. For a town of 1,000 residents, even a rate of 1% illegal alien presence would mean at least ten of them are there, enough for a community—and that's, as I said, in EVERY single town. Even if they do concentrate themselves in metro areas and certain southern border areas, anything higher than about 20 million would have to splash out across the country, and as population declines in the northeast and midwest have shown, there are still places they won't go, which probably means there aren't enough people to reach those areas yet.

I'm a firm believer in the "open the borders, but close the coffers" philosophy. Yet you have one problem. So few people pay taxes anymore that any mass tax boycott would have very little effect, and political accountability only goes so far when the game of politics is so thoroughly saturated with money, Beltway influence and media gamesmanship.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2015, 04:05:44 pm »

One black man gets killed because he assaulted a police officer, and Baltimore blacks burn the city down while Baltimore's black mayor gives them room to riot and Baltimore's black AG talks about "their moment".

We have reams of film of whites being beaten to a pulp and killed by blacks, and the most we can muster is strongly worded, indignant posts on the Internet condemning the current state of affairs in this country, and you think we're going to rise up in a taxpayer's revolt over immigration?

Shit, half of us don't pay taxes already and we're not taking up arms over that.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:06:07 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2015, 05:28:23 pm »
One black man gets killed because he assaulted a police officer, and Baltimore blacks burn the city down while Baltimore's black mayor gives them room to riot and Baltimore's black AG talks about "their moment".

We have reams of film of whites being beaten to a pulp and killed by blacks, and the most we can muster is strongly worded, indignant posts on the Internet condemning the current state of affairs in this country, and you think we're going to rise up in a taxpayer's revolt over immigration?

Shit, half of us don't pay taxes already and we're not taking up arms over that.

Okay....so what's YOUR solution, Luis?     :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2015, 06:04:42 pm »
Here is an observation and a suggestion.  What has prevented any changes on illegal immigration is the idea of it needing a "comprehensive" solution.

IOW you start with a HUGE problem, requiring a HUGE solution. Then you FAIL to agree on the solution.

Therefore the problem continues, and no attempted solutions are agreed and tried.

Why not define smaller problems, like Sanctuary Cities for instance. Republicans control both legislative branches. Pass serious bills, and put them on Obama's desk.

Break problems down into smaller components. Make sure the proposed solutions are common sense. The sort of solution almost everybody will agree with. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2015, 07:37:50 pm »
Here is an observation and a suggestion.  What has prevented any changes on illegal immigration is the idea of it needing a "comprehensive" solution.

IOW you start with a HUGE problem, requiring a HUGE solution. Then you FAIL to agree on the solution.

Therefore the problem continues, and no attempted solutions are agreed and tried.

Why not define smaller problems, like Sanctuary Cities for instance. Republicans control both legislative branches. Pass serious bills, and put them on Obama's desk.

Break problems down into smaller components. Make sure the proposed solutions are common sense. The sort of solution almost everybody will agree with.

If I'm not mistaken, this country is....and has been run as a totalitarian dictatorship since Obamacare passed in December 2009.  Barack Obama will ignore them.  And literally wipe his butt with them.

The mainstream media is a Democratic political machine...actually no different than Pravda during the Cold War.  And the most insidious power of the media is the power to ignore.  The GOP efforts you describe won't see the light of day to the average voter.

Remember being taught...and believing that the average person in Russia walked around with a cloud over their head, being fed propaganda and not "getting it".   We felt lucky and a bit superior living baseball, apple pie and Chevrolet.

Now look at us!  We're looked upon no different than a 1930's European Jew, and we're being systematically purged of our heritage based upon what?   The COLOR OF OUR EFFING SKIN???

Sorry for rambling....

My real point is that "put[ting] them on Obama's desk" is worthless, except for historians to note.

It was just recently reported...cough...in the Friday nite news dump, that Obama has utilized the FBI and the Justice Department with the IRS to go after people who disagreed with him politically.

No wonder Boehner cries like a baby and McConnell perpetually sucks on that pickle. 

Everybody's scared sh*tless.

Now I'm afraid that Trump is Perot and we're going to be looking at at least four years of Hillary and Bill.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2015, 08:09:19 pm »

Forward border patrol units closer to the actual border.

Drones (I wasn't really kidding) and rapid response detail and hold squads.

Throw them back on the spot if they can't immediately prove they're supposed to be here. Use mobile "Judge Dredd" type judges so that anyone caught at the border does not have to be brought into the system to be processed.

Fix eVerify and put up jail time for repeat offender employers.

Cut off all law enforcement Federal assistance to sanctuary cities.

Replace family reunification policies with work-based immigration visas. English proficiency withing 24 months.

Restore the Bracero program.

Share federal authority over immigration policy enforcement as well as social services and providing benefits with the States. Allow States to implement "no job no welfare" policies for citizens and non-citizens alike.

Legalization of a significant number of people is inevitable, but a path to citizenship needs to have a much higher threshold than legalization. No one with criminal record will be legalized in any manner.

Zero tolerance crime policy. Convictions of a predetermined level of crime within the first 72 months in the US to receive an automatic sentence of deportation.

Elevate visa overstaying to a felony and anyone who overstays their visa will not get another visa ever.   

I'm sure I could come up with more.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline olde north church

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2015, 08:34:03 pm »

Throw them back on the spot if they can't immediately prove they're supposed to be here. Use mobile "Judge Dredd" type judges so that anyone caught at the border does not have to be brought into the system to be processed.

Replace family reunification policies with work-based immigration visas. English proficiency withing 24 months.

Share federal authority over immigration policy enforcement as well as social services and providing benefits with the States. Allow States to implement "no job no welfare" policies for citizens and non-citizens alike.

Legalization of a significant number of people is inevitable, but a path to citizenship needs to have a much higher threshold than legalization. No one with criminal record will be legalized in any manner.

Zero tolerance crime policy. Convictions of a predetermined level of crime within the first 72 months in the US to receive an automatic sentence of deportation.

Elevate visa overstaying to a felony and anyone who overstays their visa will not get another visa ever.   

Now, the above ^^^ is thinking.  For the most part agreeable.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:35:19 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2015, 08:39:12 pm »

I like it.....
Suggest Convictions of a predetermined level of crime by non-citizen to receive an automatic sentence of permanent deportation

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2015, 08:49:33 pm »
Now, the above ^^^ is thinking.  For the most part agreeable.

More thinking and less rabble rousing is what's needed here.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2015, 11:15:40 pm »

Don't know if you are aware or not  but, for the most part, you just laid out Rick Perry's program on the issue.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2015, 12:16:32 am »
Don't know if you are aware or not  but, for the most part, you just laid out Rick Perry's program on the issue.

Actually, I pretty much cut and pasted the whole thing from the Jeb Bush for President website.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2015, 12:33:48 am »
Actually, I pretty much cut and pasted the whole thing from the Jeb Bush for President website.

Link please. I can't seem to find it.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2015, 12:37:48 am »
This afternoon, Rick Perry issued a statement and offered a proposal on “sanctuary cities” that instruct their police department to not cooperate with federal immigration authorities. “In Texas, we have a long history of welcoming immigrants from all over the world, immigrants who have helped make our economy the strongest in the country.  It’s not fair that some people try to jump the immigration line by coming across our border illegally. One of the core responsibilities of the federal government is to secure the border. As the recent tragedy in San Francisco has shown us, it’s important for the federal government and local governments to be able to cooperate to apprehend illegal immigrants with criminal histories. San Francisco—and many other cities in America run by left-wing governments—have become ‘sanctuary cities’ that choose to openly defy U.S. immigration law and prevent cooperation with federal authorities. Perversely, the federal government subsidizes this behavior by sending Justice Department funds to cities that intentionally harbor illegal immigrants in their jails. This has to end.” “Today, I am proposing to pull funding for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program—or SCAAP—from sanctuary cities. States with sanctuary cities will lose a proportionate amount of their SCAAP funding as well. SCAAP funding will also be restricted to jurisdictions that actively participate in immigration law enforcement programs. Cities and counties with sanctuary policies in place will also be prohibited from applying for federal law enforcement or Department of Homeland Security grants. Federal taxpayers shouldn’t be forced to subsidize the irresponsible behavior of these governments. Furthermore, the Justice Department should allow federal immigration officials, either through the executive branch or Congressional action, to have access to prisons and holding facilities in sanctuary cities and counties, so as to verify the immigration status of people in those facilities.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/420958/rick-perry-cut-federal-crime-grants-sanctuary-cities-jim-geraghty

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2015, 02:47:49 am »
Link please. I can't seem to find it.

Really?

All that political acumen, all those years as an inner operative for those in-the-know politically and you can't locate a Presidential candidate's stance on issues?

Google?

Here:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/Immigration_Wars_Immigration.htm

And here:

http://politic365.com/2015/07/09/jeb-bush-touts-support-for-border-security-and-path-to-legal-status-for-undocumented/

Try reading more than just the parts that cement in place your preconceived notions.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2015, 02:48:43 am »
This afternoon, Rick Perry issued a statement and offered a proposal on “sanctuary cities” that instruct their police department to not cooperate with federal immigration authorities. “In Texas, we have a long history of welcoming immigrants from all over the world, immigrants who have helped make our economy the strongest in the country.  It’s not fair that some people try to jump the immigration line by coming across our border illegally. One of the core responsibilities of the federal government is to secure the border. As the recent tragedy in San Francisco has shown us, it’s important for the federal government and local governments to be able to cooperate to apprehend illegal immigrants with criminal histories. San Francisco—and many other cities in America run by left-wing governments—have become ‘sanctuary cities’ that choose to openly defy U.S. immigration law and prevent cooperation with federal authorities. Perversely, the federal government subsidizes this behavior by sending Justice Department funds to cities that intentionally harbor illegal immigrants in their jails. This has to end.” “Today, I am proposing to pull funding for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program—or SCAAP—from sanctuary cities. States with sanctuary cities will lose a proportionate amount of their SCAAP funding as well. SCAAP funding will also be restricted to jurisdictions that actively participate in immigration law enforcement programs. Cities and counties with sanctuary policies in place will also be prohibited from applying for federal law enforcement or Department of Homeland Security grants. Federal taxpayers shouldn’t be forced to subsidize the irresponsible behavior of these governments. Furthermore, the Justice Department should allow federal immigration officials, either through the executive branch or Congressional action, to have access to prisons and holding facilities in sanctuary cities and counties, so as to verify the immigration status of people in those facilities.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/420958/rick-perry-cut-federal-crime-grants-sanctuary-cities-jim-geraghty

He's following Jeb's lead.

Oceander

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2015, 02:49:48 am »
Really?

All that political acumen, all those years as an inner operative for those in-the-know politically and you can't locate a Presidential candidate's stance on issues?

Google?

Here:

And here:

http://politic365.com/2015/07/09/jeb-bush-touts-support-for-border-security-and-path-to-legal-status-for-undocumented/

Try reading more than just the parts that cement in place your preconceived notions.

DBAD.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2015, 02:50:33 am »

Oceander

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2015, 02:51:28 am »
Did you say something?

Don't be a [nickname for Richard].

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2015, 02:53:20 am »

Don't be a [nickname for Richard].

Oceander

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2015, 02:54:21 am »

Too bad you don't have what it takes to properly photoshop that so it actually conveyed the meaning you think it does.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2015, 02:56:10 am »
Really?

Google?

Here:

And here:

Actually I did find that but since it doesn't even remotely say what you said you cut and pasted from in your earlier post I wanted to give you the opportunity to post a link that DID say those things!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2015, 02:57:17 am »
He's following Jeb's lead.

Yeah! Right!

:mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2015, 02:57:46 am »

Too bad you don't have what it takes to properly photoshop that so it actually conveyed the meaning you think it does.

I'm more of a message than technique sort of a guy.