Author Topic: Trump 2008: Bush Is Evil, Talk to Iran, Obama Cannot Do Worse Than Bush  (Read 7817 times)

Offline aligncare

It isn't that he declared bankruptcy many times, it is how he uses it as a business strategy, a very corrupt one that leaves taxpayers the bill.  His business model is based in part in using structured bankruptcies to pass off expenses. Basically, it works like this. Trump has a new golf course he wants to build. He creates a shell company to charge the expenses to during the process. When the process is done, he then sells the completed property back to his main corporation and declares bankruptcy on the shell company, negotiating to pay back the expenses for pennies on the dollar with the taxpayers footing the rest. He does this over and over and over again and hires lobbyists to ensure politicians are on board.

..and this doesn't even get into the worst part of his business strategy-  using eminent domain seizures for his own personal gain. That's beyond corrupt, it should be criminal.

Then I expect to see searing exposés of his shady business practices in all the best left wing attack media – Salon, Huffpo, NYT, Wapo, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC.

Because the one thing I've come to expect from the media since the Donald announced, mention Trump's name and normally coherent journalists digress into unglued, sputtering loons on the subject of Donald Trump.

That's usually how you can tell a candidate is hitting the mark.

Offline aligncare

Let me reiterate, however. I don't have a dog in this fight – yet.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Personally, I have never been a big fan of Trump and I am certainly not one now.  However, I am loathe to jump on the fevered bandwagon of outrage over his mostly accurate depiction of illegals as having a disproportionate number of criminals among their ranks.  I think the bigger question than "How could a Donald Trump become so popular?" is this:

"How did the GOP allow such a leadership vacuum to come about that Donald Trump -- Donald Trump -- could become popular?"

EXACTLY !!!  Well said Victor!   :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"How did the GOP allow such a leadership vacuum to come about that Donald Trump -- Donald Trump -- could become popular?"

1. What leadership?

2. Vacuum leaves it wide open for small factions including those ANGRY about illegal immigration, angry about homosexual cakes, angry about pro-slave flag coming down, etc. IOW instances of narrow but deep support.

3. Screaming that any centrist or moderate is a (fill in the nasty names).

I am eagerly waiting to see a quality poll, pitting Hillary vs. Trump.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

A poll pitting Hillary and Trump?  Interesting.

I don't normally prognosticate but I'll go out on a limb and say Hillary loses that head-to-head.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
A poll pitting Hillary and Trump?  Interesting.

I don't normally prognosticate but I'll go out on a limb and say Hillary loses that head-to-head.

Too many variables to predict anything in America today. In any rational world, which we do not currently have anymore, a person like Hillary would lose a poll to be President, to the GIECO animated lizard, or anyone or anything else.

Today with the American Left machine in full backing of Clinton with every thing they do and every breath they take, combined with skewed polls and skewed news, and an utterly idiotic populace most of whom think the moon is a little sun, I think the Dems could get a freaking dog elected President if they wanted to. Which they may do? President Wolfie? Why not?

"Idiocracy" was more than a movie. It was a prophecy.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I am eagerly waiting to see a quality poll, pitting Hillary vs. Trump.

Will the poll be conducted outside of FR or just there?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
And the dog will go by multiple names and have no distinct and indisputable place of birth. As well as a very sketchy Social Security Number from a White guy who died in the 50s, and he will not have any transcripts from any college he claims he attended.

Oh and also, 'Wolfie', if that is even his real name?, no one really knows?, will hate Christians and White people and love Islam and Muslims. While claiming to be a Christian.

Wait a minute? Hold on? This is starting to sound very familiar...

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
1. What leadership?

2. Vacuum leaves it wide open for small factions including those ANGRY about illegal immigration, angry about homosexual cakes, angry about pro-slave flag coming down, etc. IOW instances of narrow but deep support.

Throw in angry about fiscal irresponsibility, doing nothing about rogue courts, gutting the military, and an administration that openly and repeatedly flouts the law from Benghazi to the IRS and it gets wide AND deep pretty quickly!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:04:36 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Personally, I have never been a big fan of Trump and I am certainly not one now.  However, I am loathe to jump on the fevered bandwagon of outrage over his mostly accurate depiction of illegals as having a disproportionate number of criminals among their ranks.  I think the bigger question than "How could a Donald Trump become so popular?" is this:

There is no leadership vacuum.  There are a couple dozen leaders running for President and a dozen of them are high quality candidates with great ideas.  The rats have a leadership vacuum. 

Trump got a bump when he announced just like everybody else when they announced.  There has not been a poll in 2 weeks.  Why?

Trump's poll numbers will drop rapidly.  I suspect they already have but there is no incentive for the media or candidates to reveal there internal polls

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Real Clear Politics aggregates many polls, and has this on Clinton-Trump matchup:

Ranges from 17 to 24 win for Clinton. He fares worst against her,  of any Republican

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Again, narrow but deep and of course very loud.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline evadR

And the dog will go by multiple names and have no distinct and indisputable place of birth. As well as a very sketchy Social Security Number from a White guy who died in the 50s, and he will not have any transcripts from any college he claims he attended.

Oh and also, 'Wolfie', if that is even his real name?, no one really knows?, will hate Christians and White people and love Islam and Muslims. While claiming to be a Christian.

Wait a minute? Hold on? This is starting to sound very familiar...
Put me down for $20 on Wolfie..
no, make it a hundred.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Too many variables to predict anything in America today. In any rational world, which we do not currently have anymore, a person like Hillary would lose a poll to be President, to the GIECO animated lizard, or anyone or anything else.

Today with the American Left machine in full backing of Clinton with every thing they do and every breath they take, combined with skewed polls and skewed news, and an utterly idiotic populace most of whom think the moon is a little sun, I think the Dems could get a freaking dog elected President if they wanted to. Which they may do? President Wolfie? Why not?

From my perspective this is a great time to be an American.  Time is running out on Obama and the adults will be back in charge. 

Now, I can't think of the last time the world was rational, but presidential elections are predictable.  The voters have switched parties every 8 years for the last 72 years with only one exception in 1980.

I believe the GOP will win in 2016 regardless of who the candidate is and I think the nominee will be the candidate who best emulates Reagan's optimism for the future.

The world, politics, media and voters were just as irrational in Reagan's days.  The rats and media were unified against him, yet as I recall Reagan bent over backwards to reach out to Speaker Tip O'Neil and President Gorbachev. 

I doubt Reagan thought the voters were idiots before he got elected President or after, or even when they elected rats.   I bet he thought they were wrong to vote for Clinton, but I doubt he thought Americans were incapable of making the right decision.  It is even possible Reagan thought the voters knew what was best for America or that they had a right to make a mistake while they decide their own destiny.

Reagan talked to the people.  Even the dumb ones who might not agree with him.  I think he dumbed down and personalized his message so they could understand it.  He was most effective when didn't talk about zero based budgeting and confiscatory taxes but said in simple terms "they are spending your money."    He picked 3 easy to understand issues to run on...taxes, jobs, and defense, and I truly believe he wanted to be a President and good servant for all the people even the rats.

I know you're being kinda funny about rats electing a dog but the contempt you have for the voters is rather sad.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Hillary is backed by many on the right.

When right wingers say crap like "there is not a bit of difference" between Jeb Bush and Hillary, they're indirectly backing Hillary by undermining the GOP front runner.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:38:33 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx