Author Topic: Trump 2008: Bush Is Evil, Talk to Iran, Obama Cannot Do Worse Than Bush  (Read 7816 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
You may have gathered that I remain a skeptic about Donald Trump. Trump fans look at us skeptics with incredulity that we could possibly object to their man, and his ability to “change the debate,” and force the media to discuss topics like sanctuary cities. Those of us not so enamored with Trump look at how that quality suddenly outranks all other qualities in a potential Republican presidential candidate – including consistent conservatism. Permit me to remind you about Donald Trump’s assessment of President Bush back in 2008:

Bush has been so bad, maybe the worst president in the history of this country. He has been so incompetent, so bad, so evil, that I don’t think any Republican could have won....

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Just in case you may be wondering about it this let me tell you that I have no intention of EVER voting for Donald Trump for ANYTHING much less president of the United States but I WILL give him credit for moving the ball on this illegal immigration problem at great personal cost.  He deserves credit for that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

I'm certain, as liberal democrats would say, he was either misquoted or the statements taken out of context. :whistle:

Offline ABX

Just in case you may be wondering about it this let me tell you that I have no intention of EVER voting for Donald Trump for ANYTHING much less president of the United States but I WILL give him credit for moving the ball on this illegal immigration problem at great personal cost.  He deserves credit for that!

Yep, he deserves credit for his long history of these conservative positions, a long history going back weeks.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yep, he deserves credit for his long history of these conservative positions, a long history going back weeks.
He's a guy with a microphone and a knack for attention, something he's had for decades.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline MACVSOG68

I'm missing how he's moving the ball forward on immigration.  No one deserves credit IMHO for using broad brush xenophobic attacks on an entire group of people to instill fear rather than reason.  And he deserves all the "great personal cost" he can achieve.

Just as the left loves doing, some on the right are using an incident to create culture changing policies.  Just look at Charleston.  It's easy to do.  Just find a crime committed by an illegal and suggest that they're all like that and have to be deported, not legalized.  Been working for ten years.  So how much better off are we today?   :pondering:

Hopefully in the end, reasonable people will trump the Trumps on this issue.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Has the Donald said how his businesses will be run, if he stays in the race, and if he wins?

Has he already made certain there are no illegals working for him anywhere? If he has not be certain others will go over his operations with the finest tooth comb ever.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Longiron

Man !!!!! Surprised to see that so many on here so called Conservatives have a problem with a non politician that is Conservative and is successful. This past week must have been awful for all of you??? :tongue2:

Offline ABX

Man !!!!! Surprised to see that so many on here so called Conservatives have a problem with a non politician that is Conservative and is successful. This past week must have been awful for all of you??? :tongue2:

except he isn't conservative.  Read his book The America We Deserve. On most issues like taxes, gun control, abortion, and healthcare, he isn't much different than Hillary. He hasn't run his businesses like a conservative either.. 

Offline evadR

People that know him have not said that he's a conservative. It doesn't matter. What he has done is point out issues that the scaredy cats are afraid to touch...except Cruz.

I won't be voting for him either, mainly because he won't get the nomination, but I do like the points he has made. No one else will touch it. They are all scared to death over a flag.

Go Donald..give 'em hell. You are the only one that will speak the truth.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If this guy gives in to his ego and runs as a 3rd party candidate, the entire country loses.  Big time.....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

Any of the wannabe's that we have running are nothing more than ego freaks so Trump is no different in that regard.
I like that he can comprehend the issue but am worried that he is to accustomed to his money greasing the wheels rather than his ability to win over based on ideas.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
People that know him have not said that he's a conservative. It doesn't matter. What he has done is point out issues that the scaredy cats are afraid to touch...except Cruz.

I won't be voting for him either, mainly because he won't get the nomination, but I do like the points he has made. No one else will touch it. They are all scared to death over a flag.

Go Donald..give 'em hell. You are the only one that will speak the truth.

I feel the same way.  If by some weird thing, he ends up the nominee (not likely) I would certainly vote for him over anyone running on the Democrat ticket, but I'm not worried that's going to happen.  Like you said, evadR2, at least he's saying the stuff no one else will touch.  His popularity should be a clue that a lot of people want to hear the unvarnished truth - what he is saying is definitely touching a nerve. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline evadR

I feel the same way.  If by some weird thing, he ends up the nominee (not likely) I would certainly vote for him over anyone running on the Democrat ticket, but I'm not worried that's going to happen.  Like you said, evadR2, at least he's saying the stuff no one else will touch.  His popularity should be a clue that a lot of people want to hear the unvarnished truth - what he is saying is definitely touching a nerve.

LIKE!!
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm missing how he's moving the ball forward on immigration.  No one deserves credit IMHO for using broad brush xenophobic attacks on an entire group of people to instill fear rather than reason.  And he deserves all the "great personal cost" he can achieve.

Just as the left loves doing, some on the right are using an incident to create culture changing policies.  Just look at Charleston.  It's easy to do.  Just find a crime committed by an illegal and suggest that they're all like that and have to be deported, not legalized.  Been working for ten years.  So how much better off are we today?   :pondering:

Hopefully in the end, reasonable people will trump the Trumps on this issue.

I for one am not the least bit surprised that YOU don't see how he's moving the ball forward on immigration  but the fact that you can't see it doesn't change the fact that it's happening. And just because you and your media buds choose to characterize something as "xenophobic" doesn't make it so!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If this guy gives in to his ego and runs as a 3rd party candidate, the entire country loses.  Big time.....

Yep! Absolutely!

http://theweek.com/articles/565446/gop-doesnt-have-donald-trump-problem-angry-conservative-base-problem
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 04:56:36 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

I for one am not the least bit surprised that YOU don't see how he's moving the ball forward on immigration  but the fact that you can't see it doesn't change the fact that it's happening. And just because you and your media buds choose to characterize something as "xenophobic" doesn't make it so!

Who are my media buds vs yours?  Perhaps you can tell me where Trump is moving the ball on immigration?  I'm certainly not the one talking about shooting to kill and using landmines on misdemeanor perps.  *hmmmm*

Offline aligncare

Look how quickly Trump trumped every other candidate. He's leading in just about every poll today. And that's because people are tired of rehearsed, spineless and focus-grouped politicians. Trump comes off as fearless and plainspoken, and folks like that.

Look at the difference. Trump accepts every interview request (compare that to Hillary). He personally handles communications for the appointment, and without layers of handlers like other candidates, shows up with just a bodyguard or two (normal for the high profile mega rich) and answers every question without scripting or notes. He's the quintessential un-politician.

There's a reason he's catching on. His message is resonating. And by the way, he hasn't spent a penny on advertising, and yet he's leading the polls. I'm afraid too many people have let unhinged political pundits taint their opinion of this "circus clown in a red fright wig."

But, that's how you know when someone is winning the message. The hyenas on the left scream the loudest.

Offline MACVSOG68

Look how quickly Trump trumped every other candidate. He's leading in just about every poll today. And that's because people are tired of rehearsed, spineless and focus-grouped politicians. Trump comes off as fearless and plainspoken, and folks like that.

Look at the difference. Trump accepts every interview request (compare that to Hillary). He personally handles communications for the appointment, and without layers of handlers like other candidates, shows up with just a bodyguard or two (normal for the high profile mega rich) and answers every question without scripting or notes. He's the quintessential un-politician.

There's a reason he's catching on. His message is resonating. And by the way, he hasn't spent a penny on advertising, and yet he's leading the polls. I'm afraid too many people have let unhinged political pundits taint their opinion of this "circus clown in a red fright wig."

But, that how you know when someone is winning the message. The hyenas on the left scream the loudest.

Those of us on the right are praying for a Bernie Sanders nomination, and those on the left for a Donald Trump.  I don't think the left fears him because they probably know while he may be entertaining answering questions, most Americans wouldn't really give him the time of day...at the end of the day.

Offline aligncare

Those of us on the right are praying for a Bernie Sanders nomination, and those on the left for a Donald Trump.  I don't think the left fears him because they probably know while he may be entertaining answering questions, most Americans wouldn't really give him the time of day...at the end of the day.

He'll be in the debates. I'm reserving judgment until then.

Offline MACVSOG68

He'll be in the debates. I'm reserving judgment until then.

Well I admit I'll kinda enjoy him in the debates, but not without some popcorn. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
As some of us have already stated....and I will reiterate...

If Donald Trump becomes the GOP Nominee, I'll "....crawl over broken glass to vote for him"!

In the meantime, lighting candles in front of the Infant of Prague that it [nomination] doesn't happen
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Yes, he has spoken out on illegal immigration; drawn attention and ruffled a few feathers.  But, he also bumps shoulders now and then with the Clintons. How can one not be skeptical?

He is polling pretty high right now.  That is making the GOPe nervous as they are realizing that people like even "The Donald" better than Bush or Rubio.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I for one am not the least bit surprised that YOU don't see how he's moving the ball forward on immigration  but the fact that you can't see it doesn't change the fact that it's happening.And just because you and your media buds choose to characterize something as "xenophobic" doesn't make it so!

The irony in that statement is rich beyond belief.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
For seven years now we've been taking about the moronic electorate that would elect Obama TWICE to the White House.

Now we praise the very same electorate for supporting Trump.

:facepalm2:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:53:18 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx