Author Topic: Marco Rubio Plans TV Ads Worth $7 Million in Early-Voting States  (Read 334 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=653118

Newsmax
Marco Rubio Plans TV Ads Worth $7 Million in Early-Voting States
Wednesday, July 1, 2015 04:27 PM

By: Sahil Kapur

Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio is preparing to swarm the airwaves in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada before primary voters head to the polls.

The Florida senator has reserved more than $7 million worth of television ads in those states, a Rubio aide said, confirming an earlier New York Times report. According to the Times, nearly $5 million of that money is poised to fund ads in Iowa from late November to February, when caucus-goers will kick off the nomination contest.

A Quinnipiac University poll of Hawkeye State Republicans released Wednesday places Rubio seventh in a crowded field that may feature as many as 16 contenders.

Rubio's standing with Republican voters nationally has dipped over the last month as former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and businessman Donald Trump entered the race and shot to the front. Rubio fell to 6 percent nationally in late June from 14 percent in late May, according to CNN/ORC polling.

The top 10 contenders in an average of the five most recent national polls will win spots on the stage for the first primary debate, which is set to be hosted by Fox News in Cleveland in August.

If Rubio has an ace up his sleeve, it's his relatively low unfavorable ratings with Republicans. His campaign is betting that elevating his limited name identification with a message of optimism delivered to voters' living rooms will give him a boost when it matters most. Many of his ads in Iowa are slated to run around Christmas.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Marco Rubio Plans TV Ads Worth $7 Million in Early-Voting States
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 01:46:19 pm »
IMHO I see this as a good thing. Rubio fell out of favor with the conservative base long ago in Florida with his stance on illegal immigration and then again when he joined the "Gang of 8".  Bush's stance on illegal immigration and his unpopularity with "Common Core" will keep him from taking Florida. This leaves the door in Florida wide open for Cruz and his Latino heritage.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Marco Rubio Plans TV Ads Worth $7 Million in Early-Voting States
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 01:10:42 pm »
Rubio's first ad is playing here in Virginia. 

He needs to hope his communications team gets much better.