Author Topic: 10 Commandments statue must be removed from state Capitol, Oklahoma Supreme Court rules  (Read 772 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.koco.com/news/10-commandments-statue-must-be-removed-from-state-capitol-oklahoma-supreme-court-rules/33849476

A Ten Commandments monument on the Oklahoma Capitol grounds is a religious symbol and must be removed because it violates the state's constitutional ban on using public property to benefit a religion, the Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled Tuesday. The court said the Ten Commandments chiseled into the 6-foot-tall granite monument, which was privately funded by a Republican legislator, are "obviously religious in nature and are an integral part of the Jewish and Christian faiths." The 7-2 ruling overturns a decision by a district court judge who determined the monument could stay. It prompted calls by a handful of Republican lawmakers for impeachment of the justices who said the monument must be removed.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Who's the governor there?

Is he a Republican?

If it was me, I'd call a press conference, invite the justices of the State Supreme Court, and say, "not on my watch...."

Offline sinkspur

The governor is a "she."
Mary Fallon.

If the court says take it down, it will have to be taken down.

But this is a great issue for Republicans in 2016 in Oklahoma.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.