Author Topic: Why Do Progressives Resent Reality So Much? (Sex, Race and Other Matters)  (Read 266 times)

Online mountaineer

Why Do Progressives Resent Reality So Much? 
Progressives seek to be ‘hypersexual’ or ‘pansexual’ because they never quite understood what it meant to be ‘sexual.’
By George Fields
The Federalist
Many months ago, as I was wandering about the state of Indiana, a certain woman from Wisconsin advised me that “if one had nothing nice to say, he ought say nothing at all.” Being an introspective type, I took this to heart and determined to never write another article again.

However, I have decided to write at least one more time, provoked by a conversation with my kid sister. Having recently entered a public high school, she has come to enjoy informing me about some of her more eccentric peers. Near the end of the school year, she told me fewer and fewer of her friends were merely normal boys who liked normal girls, or normal girls who liked normal boys. Rather, they identify as a slew of peculiarly novel “sexual orientations.”

Some were, of course, the usual “gay” or “lesbian,” but in addition to these were “demisexuals,” “androsexuals,” and “therians” (which, she explained, are people who are only attracted to individuals who commune with the same spirit animal). One identified as a “panromantic polyamorous asexual non-binary space god.” Upon hearing this, I knew I had something to say, although it is unlikely to be nice. Having heard, however, several episodes of “The Prairie Home Companion,” I am convinced women from Wisconsin are famously kind, so I am sure my friend will forgive me.

We Don’t Need Fantasy to Make the Cosmos Wonderful

I suspect the “space god” is nothing of the sort, but likely the kind of child who did not want to go to the caverns because she was much too busy trying to beat her high score on “Candy Crush Legend.” Meaning, she is likely longing to be “the extraordinary” because she has entirely failed to appreciate the ordinary. This, to any ordinary person of sensible wit, is extraordinary.

At no point in my life have I ever felt compelled to invent novel sexualities, mainly because I am so enthralled with the traditional two.

To the sane individual, the world is a wonderful thing. At no point in my life have I ever felt compelled to invent novel sexualities, mainly because I am so enthralled with the traditional two. Their complexity and magic never ceases to engage my imagination and bring me pleasure. Indeed, I can not imagine why anyone would critique the symmetrical beauty of “the two sexes.” Yet wherever I look, adversaries are about, seeking to destroy my source of wonderment.

On the one hand, some viciously attack any idea of masculinity, since if there is such a thing as masculinity, there must be such a thing as femininity. And if there are the two, then one must be better than the other, so an “injustice” has been done. Therefore, they seek to condemn any expression of masculinity as masked tyranny, and insist that we replace the elegance and charm of femininity with the hackneyed boredom of feminism, with all the tiresome nagging this entails (nagging that is altogether unladylike, although perhaps it is very feminist).

On the other hand, as opposed to combining the two sexes, some endeavor to cheapen them, such as in the recent “Bruce Jenner” debacle. I was told that, having undergone various implants and cosmetic adjustments, I was to believe he had become a women. I thought to myself, “What progress! To think that woman is such a trivial thing, that she is nothing more than breasts and high heels.” I was inclined to succumb to this forward-thinking gender enlightenment, but my wonder concerning women would not allow me.

The Meaning and Mystery of a Woman

In my experience, women were much more than breasts and high heels. Indeed, I know some women who have very little of either, yet still strike me with all the glory of womanhood. Women, in my experience, were dancing whirling little sisters one could kiss and cuddle with, with crushes of which one could disapprove as well as boyfriends, which one could intimidate. They were kind hearts, which one could confide in when fearing the mocking camaraderie of men, and soft hearts, which one on occasion had to comfort; an event which made one realize how hard his own heart had become. ...
Excellent essay, please read on.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org