Author Topic: Is Trump a Double Agent for the Left...By John Fund  (Read 623 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is Trump a Double Agent for the Left...By John Fund
« on: June 22, 2015, 12:21:16 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/420093/printhttp://www.nationalreview.com/node/420093/print

Is Trump a Double Agent for the Left?
By John Fund — June 21, 2015

After Donald Trump’s bizarre announcement last week that he was running for president, it occurred to me that many observers are misreading Trump.

Many consider him a joke. Not true. Trump knows when he is being outrageous — and acts that way consciously to build his brand. Some consider him a menace, pointing out polls that show he would do well if he abandoned the GOP after the primaries and ran as an independent. But Trump is too smart to waste money on a futile effort to capture 270 electoral votes. He will conclude — like Michael Bloomberg, another billionaire — that American politics is a two-party duopoly.

But just maybe Trump is a double agent for the Left. He is nearly a cartoon version of what a comedian such as Stephen Colbert considers a conservative — the kind of conservative Colbert played on Comedy Central until this year. He reinforces all the Left’s negative stereotypes of conservatives as ignorant blowhards. During his announcement speech last week, Trump said of Mexican immigrants: “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.” Offered a chance to expand on his remarks on MSNBC, Trump said:

They’re sending us not their finest people. And it’s people from countries other than Mexico also. We have drug dealers coming across, we have rapists, we have killers, we have murderers. I mean it’s common sense — what, do you think they’re going to send us their best people, their finest people? The answer is no.

continued
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:22:02 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34