Author Topic: Carly Fiorina on Trump: Don't Underestimate Him  (Read 1336 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carly Fiorina on Trump: Don't Underestimate Him
« on: June 17, 2015, 09:32:57 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=651013

Newsmax
Carly Fiorina on Trump: Don't Underestimate Him
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 03:54 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina said on Wednesday that billionaire businessman Donald Trump should not be dismissed in his bid for the nomination.

Trump is "hitting on issues that Americans care about," Fiorina, the former CEO of Hewlett-Packard Co., told CNN. She entered the race last month.

In a rousing speech at Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in New York on Tuesday, Trump declared: "I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created.

"I will bring back our jobs from China, from Mexico, from Japan, from so many places," he said.

The developer vowed to rebuild the nation's infrastructure and create jobs, saying that U.S. unemployment has risen too high, even beyond 20 percent, challenging government figures that put it at under 6 percent.

He also slammed two Florida rivals, Sen. Marco Rubio and former Gov. Jeb Bush, saying that they "don't have a clue" on how to lead the United States.

Meanwhile, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin championed Trump's entry into the presidential sweepstakes.

"Mr. Trump should know he's doing something right when the malcontents go ballistic in the press!" the 2008 vice presidential candidate said Wednesday on Facebook. Her post included a photograph with Trump.

"There is no denying Donald J. Trump's accomplishments and drive to create opportunity for every willing American to succeed. His own success is testament to the job-creating achievements made possible when one applies the courageous and tenacious pro-private sector precepts we need to fire up the economy."

Palin said that Trump was joining "a competitive field of GOP candidates that will duke it out in the arena of ideas and track records, a field representing diverse achievements.

"This, in contrast with the pro-big government party's practice of merely anointing a chosen one, thus robbing voters of healthy debate," she added, in a slap at the Democratic Party and its current front-runner, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

"Key to conservative's victory is to do our own vetting of each candidate, focus on their ability to unleash America's entrepreneurial spirit and dramatically shrink government in order to prioritize our nation's security," Palin said. "That means we ignore the media's participation in the liberals' pantsuit politics of personal destruction.

"Then, on an even playing field, in 2016 we charge forward after the radical left hears America shout, 'You're fired!'" she said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Carly Fiorina on Trump: Don't Underestimate Him
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 09:43:12 pm »
I heard a couple of people today in the grocery store, one a former supervisor of the township where I live, raving about this guy (in a positive manner). He has name recognition and believe it or not, people will listen. With no official record to go on, it'll be easier for him to say what he wants to say and not have to verify.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 09:56:17 pm »
I listened to the Hannity interview of Trump last night, and in a nutshell (where he should be) this was how it went.....

Hannity:   How will you solve the immigration problem?

Trump:  I will build a great, great wall on our southern border and I will have Mexico pay for it.

Hannity: How will you get Mexico to pay for it?

Trump: I will cut-off all trade with them until their economy collapses, then they will come running and beg to not only pay for the wall but build it themselves.

Hannity: But you cannot cut-off trade without congress approval. How are you going to get that?

Trump:   They cannot oppose me, I am Donald Trump. Did I tell you how much money I have? 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 10:00:03 pm »
Trump is simply a very wealthy carnival barker.

But as Carly is important as a vehicle to attack Hillary Clinton unmercifully, so too is Donald Trump (because of his enormous wealth) about to be the vessel that can be the in-your-face, raw attacker against  fill-in-the-blank]

They both will serve a good purpose during the campaign.

If Donald says something "out there", it gets covered.   No other declared candidate can do that.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 10:28:26 pm »
Trump demeans the GOP selection process.  His downside far, far exceeds his upside.

He could with one slip of his loose tongue, say something horrific which sticks to the entire GOP.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 01:09:56 am »
NavyCanDo wrote above:
[[ Hannity: But you cannot cut-off trade without congress approval. How are you going to get that?
Trump:   They cannot oppose me, I am Donald Trump.]]

Hmmmmm......
Lemmmmeeeeessseeee here....

Heck, we currently have a president who pretty much does what he pleases without Congressional "approval".
And who in Congress stands up to "oppose" him for who he is?

Sounds like Mr. Trump is on the right track!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 01:35:31 am »
I listened to the Hannity interview of Trump last night, and in a nutshell (where he should be) this was how it went.....

Hannity:   How will you solve the immigration problem?

Trump:  I will build a great, great wall on our southern border and I will have Mexico pay for it.

Hannity: How will you get Mexico to pay for it?

Trump: I will cut-off all trade with them until their economy collapses, then they will come running and beg to not only pay for the wall but build it themselves.

Hannity: But you cannot cut-off trade without congress approval. How are you going to get that?

Trump:   They cannot oppose me, I am Donald Trump. Did I tell you how much money I have?

...hmmm...surely "The Donald" has prepared for the collapse of the U.S. dollar?  He sounds even more narcissistic than Barry; but on the upside he did make Barry an offer of a lifetime of free golf at Trump National Golf Club if he was to resign early.  What a guy, huh?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 01:50:34 am »
You know, Donald Trump is really responsible for the killing of Osama Bin Laden.  If he hadn't pushed Obama's birth certificate issue - Obama wouldn't have had to distract and divert us to Bin Laden.

One thing I hope, is that Trump can bring out some issues that other candidates would never touch.  He can be the pit bull. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 01:57:24 am »
You know, Donald Trump is really responsible for the killing of Osama Bin Laden.  If he hadn't pushed Obama's birth certificate issue - Obama wouldn't have had to distract and divert us to Bin Laden.

One thing I hope, is that Trump can bring out some issues that other candidates would never touch.  He can be the pit bull.

Hadn't thought of that, Alice.  Thanks.

Donald might want to be careful....or he may have an Andrew Breitbart event.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 02:02:06 am »
Hadn't thought of that, Alice.  Thanks.

Donald might want to be careful....or he may have an Andrew Breitbart event.

Yeah.  He'd better get a food taster.   :laugh:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 06:05:36 pm »
Trump is simply a very wealthy carnival barker.

But as Carly is important as a vehicle to attack Hillary Clinton unmercifully, so too is Donald Trump (because of his enormous wealth) about to be the vessel that can be the in-your-face, raw attacker against  fill-in-the-blank]

They both will serve a good purpose during the campaign.

If Donald says something "out there", it gets covered.   No other declared candidate can do that.

Carnival barker?  It's been about a century since the term "humbug", in Barnum's sense of the word, has been in fashion.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 06:35:08 pm »

Yes. Witness his lovely remarks about Mexicans. There is a whole lot of downside to his loose mouth, and virtually no upside.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 06:40:08 pm »
Sounds like Mr. Trump is on the right track!

The Donald is prolly the only one who has been paying attention...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 06:47:50 pm »
Yes. Witness his lovely remarks about Mexicans. There is a whole lot of downside to his loose mouth, and virtually no upside.

When he stops talking about Republican competition and focuses on Obama and Clinton....he'll draw positive attention.   :shrug: