Author Topic: Hillary and Jeb Fear Rubio as Rival 'Above All Others': NY Post  (Read 318 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=650953

Newsmax
Hillary and Jeb Fear Rubio as Rival 'Above All Others': NY Post
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:21 AM

By: Melanie Batley

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton both share a fear of Florida Sen. Marco Rubio's potential as a candidate for the GOP nomination, the New York Post said.

"What makes Rubio so frightening to others is, simply, that he is a freakishly gifted politician — and a daring one," said John Podhoretz of the Post.

The Post acknowledged that Rubio has vulnerabilities as a candidate. For one, as a first-term senator, he cannot boast of a list of accomplishments, while his "boyish mien" gives him an image of being younger than his 44 years.

But his youth gives him a powerful claim to be the voice of the future. And his Cuban descent gives him an advantage with Hispanic voters, the Post said.

The Post noted that he has made a number of bold, and ultimately successful, political moves. He challenged the sitting governor of Florida, Charlie Crist, and beat him by 20 points even though Crist was at 60 percent in the polls.

But Rubio's biggest strength is his oratory, according to the Post.

"Here's the real thing about Rubio. I've listened to him and watched him talk, both in private sessions and on the Senate floor in speeches you can see on YouTube. He is without question, the most naturally gifted off-the-cuff political speaker I have ever seen," Podhoretz said in the opinion piece.

The Post also noted his fluency on a range of subjects, from conflicts in the South China Sea to flexible community-college credits.

"I have no idea whether Rubio will prevail in the GOP primaries next year and I have no idea whether, if he does, he will beat Hillary. What is unquestionable is that she and other Republicans fear him above all others," Podhoretz concluded.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34