Author Topic: Walker: GOP Senators Have Yet to Accomplish Anything  (Read 855 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Walker: GOP Senators Have Yet to Accomplish Anything
« on: June 12, 2015, 05:06:46 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=650238

Newsmax
Walker: GOP Senators Have Yet to Accomplish Anything
Friday, June 12, 2015 11:59 AM

By: By STEVE PEOPLES and JULIE BYKOWICZ

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says the Republican senators in the 2016 presidential contest may be "fighters," but they haven't accomplished anything in Washington.

The 47-year-old Republican governor draws a sharp contrast between the GOP's Washington-based presidential contenders and governors. Walker spoke in Utah, where 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney is hosting a private gathering with 2016 contenders and donors.

Walker encourages his Republican presidential rivals to have a civilized debate. He also calls himself "a winner" and says Republican senators "have yet to win anything and accomplish anything."

Walker is one of five Republican White House prospects scheduled to appear at the gathering on Saturday. The group includes two Republican senators — Marco Rubio of Florida and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Walker: GOP Senators Have Yet to Accomplish Anything
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 12:29:34 am »
Thanx for beating up your own team Scott.  I'm sure they will return the favor if you become President.

Just stupid and unnecessary.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 12:30:08 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 01:32:23 am »
Mr. Walker speaks the truth.

And the truth hurts.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 02:57:09 am »
Thanx for beating up your own team Scott.  I'm sure they will return the favor if you become President.

Hmmm...on the surface, it's a no-brainer agreeing with you.

But, I'm wondering if he's sending a message that he wants to see a public display on how an opposition party is supposed to act?

Lord knows, it's time for us to see something from the GOP leadership.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 03:31:20 am »

I personally have no problem with Governor Walker simply telling the truth.  In fact, I rather like it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 03:51:28 am »
Hmmm...on the surface, it's a no-brainer agreeing with you.

But, I'm wondering if he's sending a message that he wants to see a public display on how an opposition party is supposed to act?

Lord knows, it's time for us to see something from the GOP leadership.

I understand what you are saying but I disagree that the GOP has not shown leadership.  Rather than argue that point, as I doubt I could convince you, let me point out that Governor Walker is taking all the credit for the bills and budgets passed by the GOP controlled state legislature in WI.  He calls himself a "winner." 

He says Senator Cruz, Paul, Rubio, and Graham are not winners.  I assume this stunt is an attempt to persuade conservative voters to drop Senator Cruz, Rubio, and Paul and vote for Governor Walker.  He's going after their donors and primary voters.

Which is fine, but the way he is doing it is dumb.

I ask is it Cruz's or Paul's fault they couldn't defund Obamacare?  Is it Rubio's fault he couldn't pass immigration reform?  Is it Graham's fault he can't stop ISIS?

It's not just 100 Senators who Cruz, Paul, Rubio, and Graham have to work with.  The Senate has passed legislation the House wouldn't take up, and Obama has VETOed some. 

I could be on shaky ground here, but when I have pointed out that Senator Cruz and Paul accomplished nothing by trying to defund Obamacare, I was told by conservatives that "doing what is right despite public opinion is the epitome of leadership." 

So if my first pick was Cruz, Paul, Rubio, or Graham I might feel a little insulted that Governor Walker thinks my guy hasn't won or accomplished anything.

Lastly it's silly to negative campaign this early when you are a front runner already.  Of the candidates who are polling above 7% Governor Walker is my first pick and this just saddens me.  I think it is counter productive and there are much more subtle ways he could get his point across
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:55:29 am by Once-Ler »