Author Topic: New US Trainers Will Be Going Into the Most Dangerous Areas of Iraq to Counter ISIS  (Read 1722 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The intent of Shock and Awe was to destroy infrastructure.  The Saddam regime couldn't just pack up their ministry buildings and command and control centers and high-tail out of town with them intact.    The announcement permitted Iraqi civilians just enough time to abandon the targets and save innocent lives.

The subsequent surge of boots on the ground forces was meant to kill Saddam's army and overthrow his regime.

:beer: :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

It's too absurdly insignificant to be either a success or failure.  It's a bunch of nothing.  It's a Kabuki Dance faithfully reported and seriously analyzed by a corrupt media to pretend that this President actually cares and is paying attention.    He doesn't, and he's not.

So we'll spill more American blood without even the hope of success.

:peeonobama:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Nobody knows what success is. The closest thing to 'success' is what we had before Obama.

The biggest problem with the Iraq and Afghan war is that there are no clearly defined specific goals. Nobody knows what the definition of success is.

America is just flailing around in all directions with no clear definition of what they are doing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
240b wrote:
[[ The biggest problem with the Iraq and Afghan war is that there are no clearly defined specific goals. Nobody knows what the definition of success is...]]

Wrong, sir, with respect.

I know what the "definition of success" in this struggle is, or more correctly, what it must be defined as.

It is:
No more islam -- anywhere.

That is all...

Offline ArneFufkin

I certainly don't want to minimize the danger posed to these 450 soldiers.  This is perilous duty and this deployment is certainly not "insignificant" to them, their squads and their families.

I was referring more to the overall strategic picture.   Obama announcing 450 additional training personnel and feigning some bold decisive leadership is akin to Josh Earnest constantly droning about "dozens of daily air sorties" when 80% are denied clearance to deliver their ordinance because we have no ground targeting assets and political hacks in the West Wing are vetting targets to avoid any collateral casualties.   We're bombing abandoned Toyota Tacomas and declaring victory.